Video Games Beating Brock With Just Pikachu...

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Hey guys, I just started a new game on my Yellow Version, and I decided to just beat Brock with Pikachu. Well, technically I also have Pidgeotto, but I'm not going to use Butterfree, Mankey, or Nidoran Male or Female to help me this time, since those are the only three easy ways to beat Brock.

I beat Gary with just Pikachu to get him to level 9 and get the five Poke Balls from Professor Oak instead of just buying them from the Poke Mart, and after that, I caught Pidgeotto in the wild, so I already have a good head start. I'm going to train them both to level 15 and I'll tell you how it goes.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I beat his Geodude with Pikachu using two potions, and I managed to rough up Onix some before it defeated Pikachu and I finished the Onix off with Pidgeotto. That was fun!

I had one spare potion left that I forgot about. Oh well... LOL.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Pretty solid effort for Pikachu, it's very hard to beat Brock with Pikachu unless you seriously grind his level up, so nicely done!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I always thought challenges like this to make the game harder were interesting but I get frustrated too easily to try them. lol Me and Jay tried a few soul links before. It was... Interesting. lol

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, some of them are a real pain in the ass to complete! The hardest part in the older games, though, is the grinding, as always. So much grinding, particularly in the early game!

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Congratulations, you're better than me! When I played Pokémon Yellow, I unintentionally tried this challenge because I level grinded my Pikachu without bothering to catch any Pokémon that by the time I realized I couldn't beat Brock, I was too high level to catch any Pokémon since Pikachu just killed them all in one hit. Instead of preserving or buying potions, I just gave up, lol.

On the topic of self-imposed challenges, GameChamp300 once beat the first Pokémon game without getting hit a single time. That's 100% the most ridiculous gaming challenge I can think of, Pokémon or otherwise.

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
dc4f15b17f653d61a4c54969414d5988.png

• Love
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I don't mind the average physical attack and special attack so much, just the abysmal HP and physical defense.

The Pokemon Anime should have ended after Johto. Technically everything after Johto are separate Animes though, so maybe all of it is non canon after Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto... LOL.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't mind the average physical attack and special attack so much, just the abysmal HP and physical defense.

The Pokemon Anime should have ended after Johto. Technically everything after Johto are separate Animes though, so maybe all of it is non canon after Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto... LOL.
Yeah, Raichu needed just that little more oomph behind it to make it useful. Such a great character, and yet practically unusable after a certain stage in the games.

Johto was about the last time the anime was actually halfway decent, so yeah, I agree it would've been nice had they stopped after Johto and moved away from it. It stopped watching just after the Kanto series finished, but caught up on some of it years later, and it's just...eh. Orange Island was decent because of the gym battle twist, Johto had some new faces and pokemon so it was fresh, and then it just became even more of a kiddie show than it was before. Shame.

• Agree

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I think everything becomes overpowered during Diamond & Pearl and onwards. The physical and special split (not that that's a bad thing), the overabundance of old Pokemon evolutions and legendaries, and not to mention Stealth Rock. That is when some of the weaker final stage evolutions like Raichu can't keep up anymore.

Johto was still worse than Kanto and Orange Islands because it was so unnecessarily long. But the Animes that came after it are just as long and like you said, even more of a kid show.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yep, and you factor in the new evolutions, and the faux evolutions and power ups going on now and it's just far too much. Characters like Raichu became worthless as mega evolutions, z crystals and so on made other pokemon just stupidly strong. It's a proper shame, really, because 80% of the pokedex is just a waste of time after a while. That's why I wish they'd make a game that goes from Kanto -> Alola and you use an increasingly powerful set of Pokemon as you go, keeping everything you've caught from the previous region in your computer, but having to start back in the lower ranks each time you start a new region. It allows some formerly worthless Pokemon to become useful again in the newer regions and challenges you to either stick to region-specific Pokemon to complete the game, or find the best possible options for each gym based on what you have available and what you can catch and level on your journey. More fun, IMO, because you do still need to catch and grow as you go, but you still get to make use of Pokemon that might otherwise be useless to you to keep on advancing through those regions.

• Agree

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Back when Pokemon was still being made on handhelds, I would disagree with you saying that you have to go from one region to another after you beat the last, due to game space limitations. However, now that the Switch can be a home console, I believe that might be possible. It would have to be named Pokemon Rainbow, with Pokemon going over Level 100 as well.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, the Switch absolutely can make it work, which gives me hope we might just see that happen sometime down the line. It's just something I've always wanted since the days of G/S/C and having the two regions in the one game. I always wished they'd one day do all of the regions released to date in one game. I hope it happens, it would be fantastic if it did and provide hundreds of hours of gameplay beyond just leveling and catching and completing the pokedex once you've finished. That's still an option, of course, in a game like that, but you would then have the next region unlocked, and so could progress and effectively start from scratch within the same game. Just something I've always wanted to see and I hope one day they do it!

• Love
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: