Cat Thread

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
1602714976497.png

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Twig is having worse tinkle issues. I still haven't been able to fix the cystitis issue. It gets worse at times, the last 3 or 4 days it hasn't been good. He hardly wants to eat. I found some powder on Amazon I am going to try. Someone in the reviews said it helped their cat that had cystitis. It is such a hard thing to help a cat with because in most cases, it is a stress response and because he is bipolar and has a hard time controlling his emotions, it makes it even harder. I got him to eat some chicken breast I made him earlier. I boil it in broth and put a bit of rice in so that is something.

It is so frustrating knowing there is a problem and not being able to find anyone who can actually help him in terms of vets. The poor guy is in pain almost non-stop from his bladder and the burning in his penis. He tries to pee on everything. Caught him trying to climb into a little wastebasket in the bathroom. Even tried peeing in the toy basket where all the cat toys are.

• Friendly
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Twig is having worse tinkle issues. I still haven't been able to fix the cystitis issue. It gets worse at times, the last 3 or 4 days it hasn't been good. He hardly wants to eat. I found some powder on Amazon I am going to try. Someone in the reviews said it helped their cat that had cystitis. It is such a hard thing to help a cat with because in most cases, it is a stress response and because he is bipolar and has a hard time controlling his emotions, it makes it even harder. I got him to eat some chicken breast I made him earlier. I boil it in broth and put a bit of rice in so that is something.

It is so frustrating knowing there is a problem and not being able to find anyone who can actually help him in terms of vets. The poor guy is in pain almost non-stop from his bladder and the burning in his penis. He tries to pee on everything. Caught him trying to climb into a little wastebasket in the bathroom. Even tried peeing in the toy basket where all the cat toys are.
That's just awful! I hope you can find some way to help him cope or even cure it. There has to be a vet out there who can do something, what's annoying is how expensive vets, particularly non-chain practice vets are. Prohibitively so in many cases. I hope the best for him, it cannot be pleasant to deal with and if it is stress induced for a cat with stress issues...that's got to be a nightmare for him!

• Thanks
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's just awful! I hope you can find some way to help him cope or even cure it. There has to be a vet out there who can do something, what's annoying is how expensive vets, particularly non-chain practice vets are. Prohibitively so in many cases. I hope the best for him, it cannot be pleasant to deal with and if it is stress induced for a cat with stress issues...that's got to be a nightmare for him!

I use to work for the clinic I normally take him to so I get discounts still. He is just a nice guy. Known the family since the 80's. Problem is, most vets, especially older ones, don't know what to do for cats who have this. It is a stress condition so it is a mental issue that is coming through as a physical ailment. I ended up ordering him this:

Hoping it works. He is at least appearing to be more interested in food again. He was eating more chicken at least.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I use to work for the clinic I normally take him to so I get discounts still. He is just a nice guy. Known the family since the 80's. Problem is, most vets, especially older ones, don't know what to do for cats who have this. It is a stress condition so it is a mental issue that is coming through as a physical ailment. I ended up ordering him this:

Hoping it works. He is at least appearing to be more interested in food again. He was eating more chicken at least.

That does actually look fairly promising, here's hoping it legitimately helps! That's good that you still get discounts from the clinic, that has to help a great deal! Where I take mine is just ridiculous, hundreds of dollars for basic tests and treatments...I get why they charge so much, but man...it is a hard thing to afford!

Glad he's eating more, though, hopefully that's a sign of de-stressing. Shame you can't just keep him on catnip or something to mellow out the stress and let things heal up.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That does actually look fairly promising, here's hoping it legitimately helps! That's good that you still get discounts from the clinic, that has to help a great deal! Where I take mine is just ridiculous, hundreds of dollars for basic tests and treatments...I get why they charge so much, but man...it is a hard thing to afford!

Glad he's eating more, though, hopefully that's a sign of de-stressing. Shame you can't just keep him on catnip or something to mellow out the stress and let things heal up.
He is a mixed bag and hard to treat. Doesn't like the vets either. When we took him in just a month or so ago, we went to a different vet and paid like $500 and it was mostly just tests. I normally would have just went to the other clinic but I had tried twice before to get him help and nothing could be found to help him.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
He is a mixed bag and hard to treat. Doesn't like the vets either. When we took him in just a month or so ago, we went to a different vet and paid like $500 and it was mostly just tests. I normally would have just went to the other clinic but I had tried twice before to get him help and nothing could be found to help him.
Yeah, that's a pretty penny! I definitely understand looking for alternative options wherever possible, you never know if a vet might just have a tip on a condition that others just don't or they've got the latest and greatest treatments that haven't made it to other clinics yet. Always worth trying other options out there, for sure!

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I just had to let Fry watch bird videos for 10 minutes so he'd stop climbing all over me lol

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: