Chi Chi seems better suited for Vegeta, and Bulma for Goku

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This is a random observation of mine.

When I think back to things, it just seems to make more sense that Goku would have ended up with Bulma and Vegeta could have/should have ended up with Chi Chi in some way or another. Their relationships would make more sense to me. Vegeta would have made Chi Chi more likable and Goku would have made Bulma less tense/stubborn. In the same sense, this would have canceled out a Sayain's natural attraction for strong women. Bulma would not have been as stern and aggressive with Goku as Chi Chi is and Chi Chi likely would have been put in her place too easily by Vegeta.

Just some random thoughts I was having.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
There was a filler episode where Chi Chi and Bulma were talking about switching husbands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Masako X tackled this subject and he had Goku get married to Bulma while Chi-Chi and Yamcha got together. Vegeta was still around and I believe Bulma may have been having thoughts of walking out on Goku to sleep with him. I have to review the series to refresh my memory.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Masako X tackled this subject and he had Goku get married to Bulma while Chi-Chi and Yamcha got together. Vegeta was still around and I believe Bulma may have been having thoughts of walking out on Goku to sleep with him. I have to review the series to refresh my memory.

I remember watching this but I don't remember all the details of it either. Vegeta had a "fling" with Bulma in the Future Trunks timeline as well which seemed more believable at the time but he has become more human than I think he'd like to admit at this point.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't think Bulma could've gotten into Goku because they met when Goku was so young. It'd be like sleeping with a younger brother...but who knows with DB, maybe Bulma was into that sort of thing? I do think Vegeta and Chi Chi could've made for some good laughs, two stubborn personalities with selfish desires...:unsure:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't think Bulma could've gotten into Goku because they met when Goku was so young. It'd be like sleeping with a younger brother...but who knows with DB, maybe Bulma was into that sort of thing? I do think Vegeta and Chi Chi could've made for some good laughs, two stubborn personalities with selfish desires...:unsure:
Goku was only a few years younger than Bulma though. Wasn't he 12 at the start of Dragon Ball and she was 16?

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Goku was only a few years younger than Bulma though. Wasn't he 12 at the start of Dragon Ball and she was 16?
True, maybe just the way he's illustrated and the naivete makes him seem even younger? Even at that, I'd have a hard time seeing him w/ Bulma. Hell, seeing him w/ anyone, really. Chi Chi we know just had her way with him, but him voluntarily being in a relationship with someone is hard to picture.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
True, maybe just the way he's illustrated and the naivete makes him seem even younger? Even at that, I'd have a hard time seeing him w/ Bulma. Hell, seeing him w/ anyone, really. Chi Chi we know just had her way with him, but him voluntarily being in a relationship with someone is hard to picture.
Goku was younger in the mind because he is Goku but the growth rates of Saiyans and humans are different. They age slower so I think the sudden puberty hit at the end of Dragon Ball was down to his Saiyan genetics.

And yeah Goku seems more like a big brother, best friend type of guy. I mean the dude gets grossed out by kissing. lol

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Goku was younger in the mind because he is Goku but the growth rates of Saiyans and humans are different. They age slower so I think the sudden puberty hit at the end of Dragon Ball was down to his Saiyan genetics.

And yeah Goku seems more like a big brother, best friend type of guy. I mean the dude gets grossed out by kissing. lol
Yeah, and I think that's what makes it so hard to see him in any sort of relationship besides the one he's in w/ Chi Chi, with her taking what she wants and not really giving any considerations to Goku.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I just realized that Goku and Chi Chi are the same age and so are Vegeta and Bulma. So it's more realistic that way.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I just realized that Goku and Chi Chi are the same age and so are Vegeta and Bulma. So it's more realistic that way.
More realistic in what sense? A lot of people date and marry people older or younger than them. I also thought Vegeta was a few years older than Bulma. He appeared to be like 8 to 10 years old when Goku was born and Bulma would have been around 4.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
More realistic in what sense? A lot of people date and marry people older or younger than them. I also thought Vegeta was a few years older than Bulma. He appeared to be like 8 to 10 years old when Goku was born and Bulma would have been around 4.
I thought Vegeta and Raditz were like 5. And Nappa was 30... LOL.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Goku and Chi-Chi are the same age. Bulma is 4 years older than them. Vegeta is 5 years older. So there's only a year between them.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Goku and Chi-Chi are the same age. Bulma is 4 years older than them. Vegeta is 5 years older. So there's only a year between them.
Vegeta appeared to be older to me but I guess the timelines and such don't align properly. Like Goku at age 13 looked like a 5 year old. I expect that Vegeta at age 10 to look like a toddler but he was shown to be more mature thank Goku at age 13.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: