DBF Community Chat Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Very sad, but very very true. So many doctors get licensed and think that's just it, do what you want and in spite of all of that schooling, you don't need to keep too much of it in your head. They get complacent, even bored of what they do for a living and that's when bad things happen. I mean, did you see the video of the guy making rap videos in the OR while operating on people? Or the guy on a hoverboard while a patient was having a procedure done? It's just ludicrous the things some doctors will do because of complacency. It's one thing to practice and get a skilled position as a doctor, but there's a level of trust there that needs to be maintained. If you're getting bored, look into expanding your knowledge. The medical field is the same as any other, there are always new advances in medicine, techniques, procedures. A doctor should never be finished learning, and I absolutely love when I see a new doctor and they're enthusiastic about what they do and what new techniques are coming along.

Like all fields, though, there are always bad apples, most of the time it's just the complacency issue, but yeah, you do get those disgusting people that get into the field for the wrong reasons, or view it as an opportunity to get something out of it for themselves. I couldn't imagine being a woman or a young girl and having to deal with a male doctor who abused their position of trust and authority for their own sick purposes, I honestly don't blame women or girls that have a distrust of male doctors, and would be absolutely suspicious a male doctor in a female-oriented field like OB/GYNs. I hate that sick people can put themselves into those positions of power/authority over people and use that to get what they want, I think there needs to be at least one female nurse, assistant or something to that effect in the room at all times whenever a male doctor has a female patient under the age of 18, or a female patient dealing with any issue that requires examination anywhere that could be construed as potentially private. I had a female ultrasound technician doing a renal ultrasound on me just a few days ago, and she had to scan my bladder, which meant lowering my underwear not quite to an inappropriate level, but she needed access to scan...now, male patient / female technician isn't terrible and I'm not the sort to turn that into an awkward situation for either one of us, it's just her job...but what if that's a female patient with a male ultrasound technician? They're trained in their job, but they're not medically licensed doctors and while most are professionals looking to do their job, how do you guarantee you haven't found that one who goes too far? Anyway, this is going down a rabbit hole of paranoia and what if scenarios, so I'll stop here, but yeah, I absolutely feel for women and young girls who end up in a situation with a pervert instead of a doctor, and I hope they all get caught, lose their licenses and goto jail. You can't abuse that position for your own gain, doctors are supposed to be trusted, not reviled.
When I was a kid, I had stomach issues. This male doctor had me pull down my pants and was looking and touching me down there. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. I was about in tears and my mom was sitting in the chair across the room, couldn't even look at me. I still remember it very vividly. I haven't liked doctors since. I was in there for stomach issues yet he was very hands on with my female region. Another one was when I was a bit older. The dude wanted me to put on a gown to take my blood pressure. You know, with an armband. I said very loudly he was a pervert so he could he me when he left the room. Didn't make me put on the gown then.

The only OBGYN I have been to was a little Indian woman in her 40's I think. She was fast, professional, and even though it was an uncomfortable situation, she didn't make me feel horribly uncomfortable.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
When I was a kid, I had stomach issues. This male doctor had me pull down my pants and was looking and touching me down there. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. I was about in tears and my mom was sitting in the chair across the room, couldn't even look at me. I still remember it very vividly. I haven't liked doctors since. I was in there for stomach issues yet he was very hands on with my female region.

That's quite disturbing, he has no reason to be down there for a stomach issue, that should have been an immediate red flag for your mother! I don't blame you for not trusting doctors after something like that, and it irks me that this is sadly common among women and young girls, having to deal with things like that. I don't get why some guys just have to go down that path, and with someone at the age of 8 or 9? That's beyond perverse. I'm a guy, I'm attracted to women and I get all the urges that go along with that, and I'm single and very much alone in life right now, but I've never once thought "ya' know, if I can't get any, I'm going to go out there and take it for myself." How is it that these sick bastards can cross that line and feel like it's ok? I just don't get that, personally, and it's one thing that I've always hated about being male...so many other males are just such sick, sick bastards...I'm sorry you had to deal with one of those, and I absolutely understand your distrust of doctors because of that.

Another one was when I was a bit older. The dude wanted me to put on a gown to take my blood pressure. You know, with an armband. I said very loudly he was a pervert so he could he me when he left the room. Didn't make me put on the gown then.

Yeah, that doesn't make a bit of sense, either...there's no reason whatsoever to put on a gown to take blood pressure. I get my bp done every single time I visit a doctor, never once needed to strip in any way or put on a gown to do so. That's definitely a red flag!

The only OBGYN I have been to was a little Indian woman in her 40's I think. She was fast, professional, and even though it was an uncomfortable situation, she didn't make me feel horribly uncomfortable.

That's one area where I'd insist on having a female doctor, for sure. I can imagine it's an unpleasant visit anyway, but at least if it's a woman performing the exams and talking about any issues that come up in that particular area, it's less uncomfortable because the odds that they're there for any reason other than doing their job are extremely low.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's quite disturbing, he has no reason to be down there for a stomach issue, that should have been an immediate red flag for your mother! I don't blame you for not trusting doctors after something like that, and it irks me that this is sadly common among women and young girls, having to deal with things like that. I don't get why some guys just have to go down that path, and with someone at the age of 8 or 9? That's beyond perverse. I'm a guy, I'm attracted to women and I get all the urges that go along with that, and I'm single and very much alone in life right now, but I've never once thought "ya' know, if I can't get any, I'm going to go out there and take it for myself." How is it that these sick bastards can cross that line and feel like it's ok? I just don't get that, personally, and it's one thing that I've always hated about being male...so many other males are just such sick, sick bastards...I'm sorry you had to deal with one of those, and I absolutely understand your distrust of doctors because of that.
I don't know if it did or not, but I feel like that experience screwed me up in some ways when it comes to sexual intimacy. The fact that my mother said nothing still bothers me for sure. She is the type to believe whatever a doctor tells her though without questioning anything. I don't know if that doc was a pedo but based on how I felt, I wouldn't be shocked if he was. He had to know how I was feeling being in that position. I felt helpless and terrified.

Yeah, that doesn't make a bit of sense, either...there's no reason whatsoever to put on a gown to take blood pressure. I get my bp done every single time I visit a doctor, never once needed to strip in any way or put on a gown to do so. That's definitely a red flag!
Yeah, and his wife was in the other room too. I know she heard me as well. I was 17 at the time too. Pervert.

That's one area where I'd insist on having a female doctor, for sure. I can imagine it's an unpleasant visit anyway, but at least if it's a woman performing the exams and talking about any issues that come up in that particular area, it's less uncomfortable because the odds that they're there for any reason other than doing their job are extremely low.
I have never met a lesbian OBGYN nor have ever heard of one so yeah, I have to agree with that.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't know if it did or not, but I feel like that experience screwed me up in some ways when it comes to sexual intimacy. The fact that my mother said nothing still bothers me for sure. She is the type to believe whatever a doctor tells her though without questioning anything. I don't know if that doc was a pedo but based on how I felt, I wouldn't be shocked if he was. He had to know how I was feeling being in that position. I felt helpless and terrified.

I can imagine it definitely put some reservations into your brain about men and sexual intimacy, yeah. Even at that young of an age, it's not hard to tell right from wrong and what he was doing does not sound right in any way. I do understand your mother wanting to believe that the doctor was only doing his job, but you just kinda' have to know that a stomach ache, particularly in a child, does not mean you go poking around down there! Even if it required examining that area, a male doctor should have either offered to have a female nurse do the examination or had a female nurse present to do so, there are so many red flags there, your mother should absolutely have spoken up about it. I don't blame you one bit for feeling helpless and terrified, that's an absolute abuse of the trust that should exist between a doctor and a patient.

Yeah, and his wife was in the other room too. I know she heard me as well. I was 17 at the time too. Pervert.

Definitely a playboy perv, for sure. Hope he's no longer practicing at the very least, because that's an abuse of his position.

I have never met a lesbian OBGYN nor have ever heard of one so yeah, I have to agree with that.

Even if they were a lesbian, I guarantee they'd be there for the job, not for other purposes, women just seem to have the common sense to not cross that line, whereas men, quite obviously, do not.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I honestly don't know what that stands for. I googled it and that was one of the answers I found. I am out of touch.

giphy.gif

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
YouTube is down at the moment and my pointless video browsing has hit a standstill. I am now contemplating what to do with my life, and it the options are not pretty...

giphy.gif

• Funny
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky: