DBF Community Chat Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
In the last few months, a lot of the fruit we get is no good. Like the flavor is bad or they turn bad overnight. Wth is going on with produce? Pissing me off cause I don't like wasting food or money. I just want to be able to eat some dang fruit!

Little Rascals Reaction GIF

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Agreed, stop selling fruit that's half a minute away from going off! I actually found mould on a strawberry inside a pack that we JUST BOUGHT. Annoying!!

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed, stop selling fruit that's half a minute away from going off! I actually found mould on a strawberry inside a pack that we JUST BOUGHT. Annoying!!
Yup, happened to us too. Like wtf. I think this is down to a lot of teens working in grocery stores right now and not getting fired for being lazy workers because people didn't want to work with COVID or they didn't want to give up their unemployment.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah I can see it for sure, kids not paying the slightest bit of attention. Horrible!
I am all for teens working but slacking off shouldn't be acceptable when food plays a role in their job. One of the Walmarts that is close to us has a lot of teens and young 20 somethings working there and I have had so many issues with frozen foods. Like they get left out by customers or something and the employees put them back hours later which is disgusting.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I am all for teens working but slacking off shouldn't be acceptable when food plays a role in their job. One of the Walmarts that is close to us has a lot of teens and young 20 somethings working there and I have had so many issues with frozen foods. Like they get left out by customers or something and the employees put them back hours later which is disgusting.
Oh yeah, same here! Spoiled food because of improper handling, it's a disgrace! Teens should only be able to work specific sections unless they prove they can handle food properly.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh yeah, same here! Spoiled food because of improper handling, it's a disgrace! Teens should only be able to work specific sections unless they prove they can handle food properly.
Yeah, you should have to work up to handling more important tasks. I know it is controversial but this is why I hate minimum wage. It ensures idiots who are lazy get paid the same amount as people who bust their asses. If it wasn't a thing, people who were hard workers would be able to demand higher wages and bad workers would need to step up if they want a job. People worry that corporations would be able to underpay their workers but you would not be able to get away with that today. Your company would get canceled and you wouldn't be able to have enough staff to run your business. At the very least, the minimum wage should be FOR corporations, not small businesses. I have gotten paid and appreciated better at a small business vs a chain store.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, you should have to work up to handling more important tasks. I know it is controversial but this is why I hate minimum wage. It ensures idiots who are lazy get paid the same amount as people who bust their asses. If it wasn't a thing, people who were hard workers would be able to demand higher wages and bad workers would need to step up if they want a job. People worry that corporations would be able to underpay their workers but you would not be able to get away with that today. Your company would get canceled and you wouldn't be able to have enough staff to run your business. At the very least, the minimum wage should be FOR corporations, not small businesses. I have gotten paid and appreciated better at a small business vs a chain store.
Agreed, 100%. The fact that corporations keep finding ways to skirt around labour laws, treat good employees like garbage, tag along rubbish employees as though they're doing a good job, and have people who don't know what they're doing handling important areas...it's terrifying! Imagine a teen with no food prep skills handling the cooked foods at the Deli?! How many people would need to be poisoned before they fixed that? I agree, wages should be a sliding scale more often, not just "you work this job, so you get this pay." Good workers deserve good money. Bad workers deserve the bare minimum. Plus fines for infractions. Plus a fee for receiving a fine. Plus a tax on said fee for receiving fines.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed, 100%. The fact that corporations keep finding ways to skirt around labour laws, treat good employees like garbage, tag along rubbish employees as though they're doing a good job, and have people who don't know what they're doing handling important areas...it's terrifying! Imagine a teen with no food prep skills handling the cooked foods at the Deli?! How many people would need to be poisoned before they fixed that? I agree, wages should be a sliding scale more often, not just "you work this job, so you get this pay." Good workers deserve good money. Bad workers deserve the bare minimum. Plus fines for infractions. Plus a fee for receiving a fine. Plus a tax on said fee for receiving fines.
I feel like the big corporations have too much power at this point and unless you get in good with a company whose owner actually cares about you as a person and not just a number, the chance of you feeling valued in your job is slim to none. It doesn't matter what it is or what you get paid, if you are viewed as like a number you are always replaceable. What a horrible feeling.

• Agree

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I'm thinking of saving up for a new pet. My folks all question the idea, however. My brother said it would be better if I got an exotic pet than a Cat or a Dog, however.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'm thinking of saving up for a new pet. My folks all question the idea, however. My brother said it would be better if I got an exotic pet than a Cat or a Dog, however.
Exotic pets have the moniker because they tend to require more specialized care and veterinary services could be hard to find. I would keep it practical and if you want something "exotic" I would consider snake or tarantula since they tend to be lower maintenance.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Exotic pets have the moniker because they tend to require more specialized care and veterinary services could be hard to find. I would keep it practical and if you want something "exotic" I would consider snake or tarantula since they tend to be lower maintenance.
Agreed with all of this except getting a snake or a tarantula. Get something that doesn't want to kill you, like a cat!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
If you want something more "exotic" go with a crested gecko or two. They are the lowest maintenance reptiles you will find. I fed the one I had baby food (fruit varieties) with a supplement instead of crickets, which is an option. He loved it and I didn't have to deal with bugs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Yoshi

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Im exicted for the next ep of SMG4 ooo that will be exiting if anyone is interested i can make a watchguide because getting into the post Oc/ arc eps is pretty difficult!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: