News Deputy Killed, Other Officers Injured After Being Ambushed in Santa Cruz County, California

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Full Story: https://abc7news.com/authorities-responding-to-multiple-critical-incidents-in-santa-cruz-co/6235296/

Sergeant Damon Gutzwiller, 38, was shot and killed and two other officers wer shot and taken to hospital with injuries. A third officer was struck by the getaway vehicle and though no update has been provided on that officers condition at this point in time. The incident occurred when a suspicious van was seen near Ben Lomond, California, where deputies followed and then pulled over the vehicle, at which point they were immediately embroiled in a gunfight and subjected to improvised explosive devices. The suspect took off in a getaway vehicle but was apprehended a short while later. The suspect, Steven Carrillo, was shot in the ensuing chase and was transported to hospital where he is expected to survive. He is facing a charge of murder with more felonies pending given the outcome of investigations.

Exactly the type of story we don't need to be seeing in the news right now. I feel for the officers and hope those injured make a quick recovery!

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Full Story: https://abc7news.com/authorities-responding-to-multiple-critical-incidents-in-santa-cruz-co/6235296/

Sergeant Damon Gutzwiller, 38, was shot and killed and two other officers wer shot and taken to hospital with injuries. A third officer was struck by the getaway vehicle and though no update has been provided on that officers condition at this point in time. The incident occurred when a suspicious van was seen near Ben Lomond, California, where deputies followed and then pulled over the vehicle, at which point they were immediately embroiled in a gunfight and subjected to improvised explosive devices. The suspect took off in a getaway vehicle but was apprehended a short while later. The suspect, Steven Carrillo, was shot in the ensuing chase and was transported to hospital where he is expected to survive. He is facing a charge of murder with more felonies pending given the outcome of investigations.

Exactly the type of story we don't need to be seeing in the news right now. I feel for the officers and hope those injured make a quick recovery!
This is exactly what I was talking about pisses me off. People don't understand that their inflammatory rhetoric of "F all the cops!" has repercussions. It emboldens people who have a lot of hatred in the heart to act out. Same principle applies to shooters and other bad guys that get glorified by the media. Then you see copy cats. Well the entire world is against law enforcement right now and social media platforms, celebrities, and the main stream media are feeding that monster non-stop. Unfortunately expect a lot more headlines like this in the future.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I just wish this world could go back to normal again.
I don't think the normal we're all used to is ever coming back. We've got this damn virus that has scared the world into having billions of people hide in their homes. Now we're having a gigantic family tiff in the United States over a multitude of issues that somehow spun out from the assault and murder of a man by law enforcement. We've got to adapt and overcome otherwise we will slowly lose our minds or be swallowed into the void. So get out there, grab a coke, smile, and enjoy the summer sun. Also have a hot dog on me.....
tenor.gif

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
You're not wrong. The new normal we're going to have to get used to is going to be uncomfortable for many, but adapting to it is something that's necessary to move forward. We've got a virus out there, many social issues needing addressed by many people, and a level of understanding that rioting, looting and outright theft do not in any way contribute to moving people or "the times" forward.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
People suck. I can't bring myself to say much beyond that. We all know the truth in these situations and who's at fault.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
People suck. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another civil war.
I hate to simplify things and be morbid but if we do have another civil war. It will be liberals against conservatives and you have to remember who has 97% of the weaponry in the U.S. Very short war.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I hate to simplify things and be morbid but if we do have another civil war. It will be liberals against conservatives and you have to remember who has 97% of the weaponry in the U.S. Very short war.
Criminals own guns too but I doubt they would partake. They only care about their drug rings and sex trafficking. The higher-ups in those operations could give two craps what happens to the lower level street thugs.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Criminals own guns too but I doubt they would partake. They only care about their drug rings and sex trafficking. The higher-ups in those operations could give two craps what happens to the lower level street thugs.
They hold their guns sideways, anyway...they ain't hitting much.

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
and I don't even consider myself conservative. Just one of those in-between people.
A centrist?

I hate labels... lol

I mean I am conservative in my values being a Christian and all but I see just as much shifty crap on both sides. You just have to know where the :poop: lands and follow the flies.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
A centrist?

I hate labels... lol

I mean I am conservative in my values being a Christian and all but I see just as much shifty crap on both sides. You just have to know where the :poop: lands and follow the flies.
lol yeah, labels don't seem to really fit. But definitely more of a centrist. I don't care if people do drugs, like people of the same sex, etc. I'm more about common sense and being good to fellow hew-MANS!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
lol yeah, labels don't seem to really fit. But definitely more of a centrist. I don't care if people do drugs, like people of the same sex, etc. I'm more about common sense and being good to fellow hew-MANS!
I don't care who does what or who sleeps with who so long as it is legal and not hurting innocent people... Or animals because it is 2020 and I feel like that needs to be included... :cautious:

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I don't care who does what or who sleeps with who so long as it is legal and not hurting innocent people... Or animals because it is 2020 and I feel like that needs to be included... :cautious:
Animals are conflicting because I like dogs and cats are meh...but I really love Chinese food and they are both key ingredients.

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Intentional maliciousness towards animals is something I don't get. Food production, I get that and I have no real objections to it, but people who abuse cats or dogs other animals just because they can...fuck those people.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus and LividJay
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: