Digimon Adventure (One)

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
R.9e7521003a3e9ee121a2caf827a42d9f

So ive finnished Digimon Adventure 1 This Morning and i must say it was really good! Now i wanna Talk about it!
(Keep in mind no other Digimon Spoilers Here! but 1 could be spoiled here so check out the original version of it not the reeimagining because that sucks and watch it subbed cus better music)
So....
Whos your Favourite Main Digimon Form (Meaning Child/ Rookie for the Main Team and Adult/ Ultimate? for the late arrival Mon!)

MY Fav is Patamon its So CUTE:
latest
Im Pretty sure hes supposed to dig into the Pikachu Crowd tho!
Still:
Hes Like the First non evil Angel i actually found cool so he has that going for him!

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I haven't watched this since I was a kid so I really don't even remember any of their names. I think I liked Patamon the most as well but I don't really remember.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Greymon is my homie. Plus WarGreymon is just a pure bad-ass.

I love Agumon's dub voice, but don't really like it in DATS (I think they use Gomamon's VA for that).

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Greymon is my homie. Plus WarGreymon is just a pure bad-ass.

I love Agumon's dub voice, but don't really like it in DATS (I think they use Gomamon's VA for that).
Speaking of dub Voices i watched part of Patamons first evolution in german and Oh boy did he sound weird his voice was so deep?
And they called Takeru TK for some reason! (although i dont know if its just a nick name used by Yamato or not!)
I love Agmon JP Voice he sounds so funny (And cool whenm he evolves!)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Speaking of dub Voices i watched part of Patamons first evolution in german and Oh boy did he sound weird his voice was so deep?
I'm not sure what it's like in Japanese, but it's the same in English. I think it's to make clear that Patamon isn't a little wussy bird thing anymore.
And they called Takeru TK for some reason! (although i dont know if its just a nick name used by Yamato or not!)
I love Agmon JP Voice he sounds so funny (And cool whenm he evolves!)
I think in the English they do briefly introduce most of them as their full names in Tai's opening dialogue before shortening them. TK was just how they chose to dub him for convenience/English-sake. It's similar to the odd dub choices they did for DBZ and Pokémon early on. For instance, WereGarurumon's Diner, Joe is asked to pay in Digidollars in the dub but all he has is American dollars. In Japanese, the diner does ask for American dollars but all he has is Yen.

Just stuff that is more expediente to explain to children in a dubbing situation, more than anything.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I'm not sure what it's like in Japanese, but it's the same in English. I think it's to make clear that Patamon isn't a little wussy bird thing anymore.

I think in the English they do briefly introduce most of them as their full names in Tai's opening dialogue before shortening them. TK was just how they chose to dub him for convenience/English-sake. It's similar to the odd dub choices they did for DBZ and Pokémon early on. For instance, WereGarurumon's Diner, Joe is asked to pay in Digidollars in the dub but all he has is American dollars. In Japanese, the diner does ask for American dollars but all he has is Yen.

Just stuff that is more expediente to explain to children in a dubbing situation, more than anything.
I specifically stopped before its evolution so it was the actual little Bird thing speaking deeply!
Also atleast we germans dodged this bullet:

Saiya Panther

Saiyan Grunt
I remember that in the late 90s/2000.

Stuff like Pokemon, Static Shock and DBZ were too huge, so Digimon kind of got swept to the side in terms of school yard talks.

Zoids and Big O were also good ones, who were just fodder to the main attractions.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I like the sense of adventure as well as the sense of mystery more in Digimon Adventure than I do Digimon Adventure 2.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Digimon was a decent part of my childhood, something I've been meaning to revisit someday. Tai and Agumon were my favourites growing up because I guess I'm basic and like the leads the most. Did really like Patamon too though. Also shout-out to Palmon and her Digi-line, she become one of my favourites thanks to Cyber Sleuth.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Digimon was a decent part of my childhood, something I've been meaning to revisit someday. Tai and Agumon were my favourites growing up because I guess I'm basic and like the leads the most. Did really like Patamon too though. Also shout-out to Palmon and her Digi-line, she become one of my favourites thanks to Cyber Sleuth.
I liked Palmon, but even Lillymon didn't felt like she hit hard enough in CS. Greymon is always my go-to.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
You with your Dub Shortenings!
I watched it in japanese so its Taichi, Takeru, Hikari, Hoshiro, Jyou, Sora, Mimi and Yamato to be fair remembering all their names is a bit hard but the Shortening just sounds dumb!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I liked Palmon, but even Lillymon didn't felt like she hit hard enough in CS. Greymon is always my go-to.

I don't know if their was any utility to Palmon, but I know she was a mainstay in my party, even got her to Rosemon. Could've just been starter solidarity. I also did have a Greymon in my party too though. I should go back and finish that game.

You with your Dub Shortenings!
I watched it in japanese so its Taichi, Takeru, Hikari, Hoshiro, Jyou, Sora, Mimi and Yamato to be fair remembering all their names is a bit hard but the Shortening just sounds dumb!

I'm a busy guy, I can't be wasting time typing "Taichi" or "Takeru", I got places to be.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
I don't know if their was any utility to Palmon, but I know she was a mainstay in my party, even got her to Rosemon. Could've just been starter solidarity. I also did have a Greymon in my party too though. I should go back and finish that game.
It's an interesting concept. I never really explored some of the other interesting Digimon because I was basic and just kept most of the OG Digidestined partners, occasionally trading out for the WarGrowlmon and Andromon.
I'm a busy guy, I can't be wasting time typing "Taichi" or "Takeru", I got places to be.
Same. I even went out of my way to edit the names to the dub names when I read the novelisation. :krillinpalm:

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I think if i owned a Digimon in Real life it should be Patamon after all no one would be scared when it evolves cause angel!
Also Patamon is adorable as heck!

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
HIM
1703708563705.png

He became a core memory!
So CUUUUTE!

When i buy cybersleuth im gonna keep wormmon as a child digimon and make him my mascot! Hell probably die a lot but hes such a wuss hell still adore me!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
When i buy cybersleuth im gonna keep wormmon as a child digimon and make him my mascot! Hell probably die a lot but hes such a wuss hell still adore me!
Yeah, the difficulty curve and necessity for having Digivolutions rises quickly. That said, you can have up to 8 I think (as long as you have enough "memory" to store them), so you can keep him in a bottom slot and just not have him battle (but he also won't follow you around on the overworld if he's not in the top 3, if that's what you're aiming to do).

Reactions: Kid Goku

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I can’t for the life of me get into Digimon after all the Digimon except Patamon can digivolve into their champion forms.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I can’t for the life of me get into Digimon after all the Digimon except Patamon can digivolve into their champion forms.
I mean Patamons Chosen Child (Takeru) is pretty Young!
Dont worry Patamon evolves into its adult stage soon enough!
(And Its Hype)

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: