Do you browse more on a phone or a computer?

Beerus

★★ ʜᴀᴋᴀɪ ★★
Admin
I am curious. I know some forum members still sit at a desktop computer or a laptop while others prefer to use their phones.

I hardly ever use my phone for anything other than a call, a text, or snapping pictures. I prefer being at a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Kami Guru

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I'm more or less stuck to my desktop for browsing. Couldn't imagine only using a tiny screen for posting and taking care of websites...yikes. I don't feel like I'm truly browsing if I'm not sitting in front of my monitors.

Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Mostly desktop, but sometimes I'll use my phone when it's slow at work to check YouTube or see what's going on here on the forums. I assure you that your tax dollars are hard at work. :cheeky:

• Funny

LividJay

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
For this particular site, I only use my desktop. To be honest, I don't find browsing most forums via mobile a pleasant task.

Super Kami Guru

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
It definitely is a chore browsing on a phone, responsive designs are nice, but forums take a lot of effort to browse and interact that they're just not really functional from a mobile platform. Can you make it work? Absolutely, and many people do, but it just is not a good experience.

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

Beerus

★★ ʜᴀᴋᴀɪ ★★
Admin
I'm more or less stuck to my desktop for browsing. Couldn't imagine only using a tiny screen for posting and taking care of websites...yikes. I don't feel like I'm truly browsing if I'm not sitting in front of my monitors.
I feel like some sites are okay on phones such as responsible blogs and for reading basic articles but interacting with people on forums or social media for that matter? I can't do it. I feel you have much more freedom and control in front of a keyboard. You also can miss so much only browsing on your phone. It is easy to overlook things and get things wrong. I think that is why there is a larger boom of misinformation today as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
You're absolutely right, the chance to overlook things, miss key features or aspects of a site or article, or simply misread something because of the screen real estate and font size...it's just too easy. I will agree with you that it's not awful reading some articles on phones, but I just could not manage to browse long term or interact with people on a phone. I barely text people on my phone, I'd hate to be stuck with just that for interacting.

• Agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)