Favorite quotes

India Actual

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I like to read and I think a few quotations from stories, the authors, or a historical figure can leave some lasting impact. Let's share our favorite quotes that we find profound and impactful even today.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." - Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress)

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

Last edited:

Super Kami Guru

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I'll add a few I've liked over the years:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" - Voltaire

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien (it's more the first half of the quote, but the whole thing is a nice bit of poetry)

"Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it, and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." - Mr. Hector / Richard Griffiths

"He who has a 'why' to live can bear almost any 'how.'" - Nietzsche

"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Nietzsche

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes back into you" - Nietzsche

I'm a bit fond of Nietzsche in particular, so I could go on for hours with quotes from him, but I'll stop at that.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)