Dragon Ball Z Frieza Did Good - Change my mind

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Thinking back to when Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta and wiped out nearly all of the Saiyan race, I think he did the entire universe a favor. Could you imagine if they started gaining more strength and one by one started achieving Super Saiyan status? They would have not only overthrew Frieza's army but effectively took over the universe. Not to mention, Goku would have grew up on Planet Vegeta and would have never become a "good guy". But this is just with the Saiyans. Where would Earth be without Goku? I think King Piccolo would have essentially taken over the planet.

It seems the domino effect that Frieza causes by destroying Planet Vegeta and nearly all of the Saiyans ended up safeguarding the universe.

giphy.gif

If we throw Beerus into the mix though, then we would know that he was told to do this by Beerus himself. Frieza had been essentially using the Saiyans at the time and gaining more power over planets through them so maybe Beerus wanted to stop both of them from having too much power. Who knows. I could be overthinking this or forgetting details.

Either way, I think Frieza did good by doing this. Change my mind. :evillaugh:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'm inclined to agree with you, though if the Saiyans kept gaining power and more became Super Saiyans, well...Goku came close to shaking Earth apart by himself with his power...the Saiyans would have destroyed their own planet before any one individual Saiyan could have become a threat.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm inclined to agree with you, though if the Saiyans kept gaining power and more became Super Saiyans, well...Goku came close to shaking Earth apart by himself with his power...the Saiyans would have destroyed their own planet before any one individual Saiyan could have become a threat.
I would imagine there would have been a lot of them out scouting other planets at the time though. I think that a certain someone would have just destroyed the universe himself at that point....
:zeno:

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Fair point, so we could have seen a few super strong SSJs had Freiza not destroyed the planet.
It would have been like Majin Vegeta minus the focus on killing Goku. Remember when Goku first transformed, it was said that it is hard to control that amount of power. It is the same with the great ape, it takes practice.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It would have been like Majin Vegeta minus the focus on killing Goku. Remember when Goku first transformed, it was said that it is hard to control that amount of power. It is the same with the great ape, it takes practice.
Very true, Goku even said when got back to Earth at first he couldn't control it, but with time he learned. There must have been at least a few other Saiyans on Vegeta who would have had the mental fortitude to eventually reign it in and control it. Hell, I wonder how quickly Bardock would have reached or maybe even surpassed it if he'd had the chance?

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
The Saiyans are a lot like the Uchiha. So powerful that they have to be near extinction with only a few left. In the case of Dragon Ball, Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz, and in the case of Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Obito, and Madara.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
With Beerus' intervention, it's all part of maintaining the balance of things. Was it good overall? Probably. Was it Frieza's good deed? Nah dawg. Frieza probably would have wanted to keep the Saiyans working for them gains to keep his business going, or just wipe them out of his own volition.

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
It seemed like the Saiyans weren't all that powerful in the large scope of things (pre Super). I gotta imagine they'd hit a planet or so they couldn't conquer and just get stomped hard. I mean, to that point the most powerful Saiyan pre-Namek was Vegeta and he wasn't even as powerful as some of the henchmen or supervisors until he got zenkai'd and believed in the Super Saiyan myth through Goku.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It seemed like the Saiyans weren't all that powerful in the large scope of things (pre Super). I gotta imagine they'd hit a planet or so they couldn't conquer and just get stomped hard. I mean, to that point the most powerful Saiyan pre-Namek was Vegeta and he wasn't even as powerful as some of the henchmen or supervisors until he got zenkai'd and believed in the Super Saiyan myth through Goku.
Saiyans, when compared to other beings, don't start off all that strong but every time they lose a battle and are able to recover, they continually grow stronger. Like pulling out a weed from the gardening without properly killing it just makes it come back bigger and thicker. That is where the main issue would be. I am sure they would have ended up likely getting killed or killing each other at some point but far more of them would be around right now and it would just end up being an issue for the entire universe.

Reactions: Boom

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
Saiyans, when compared to other beings, don't start off all that strong but every time they lose a battle and are able to recover, they continually grow stronger. Like pulling out a weed from the gardening without properly killing it just makes it come back bigger and thicker. That is where the main issue would be. I am sure they would have ended up likely getting killed or killing each other at some point but far more of them would be around right now and it would just end up being an issue for the entire universe.
I honestly believe trimming them down to nothing made them stronger since they didn't have their numbers or comfort of having their own planet to rely on. It sure seems the surviving saiyans thrive on their much more individual pursuits of power and conflict where they just don't have a net to catch them. Because beforehand there were just talk of "average saiyans," who lived in constant warfare, while relying on their oozaru form to pull them out of the gutter if they got into a fight too big for them. Heck, I think that was even one of their primary strategies: To just invade during full moons.

But that's more of the average saiyan who thrilled in wonton destruction, where it seems the more driven saiyans in Vegeta and Goku thrived on cultivating strength and challenging it. Well, Vegeta post Saiyan saga at least, where he stopped being comfortable with his relatively low power in the Frieza hierarchy.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I honestly believe trimming them down to nothing made them stronger since they didn't have their numbers or comfort of having their own planet to rely on. It sure seems the surviving saiyans thrive on their much more individual pursuits of power and conflict where they just don't have a net to catch them. Because beforehand there were just talk of "average saiyans," who lived in constant warfare, while relying on their oozaru form to pull them out of the gutter if they got into a fight too big for them. Heck, I think that was even one of their primary strategies: To just invade during full moons.

But that's more of the average saiyan who thrilled in wonton destruction, where it seems the more driven saiyans in Vegeta and Goku thrived on cultivating strength and challenging it. Well, Vegeta post Saiyan saga at least, where he stopped being comfortable with his relatively low power in the Frieza hierarchy.
That is a fair point. You kind of get that impression with the universe 6 Saiyans (though I think they were very poorly written into the story). Goku wasn't like the other Saiyans because of brain trauma. He still had that desire to fight and grow stronger like other Saiyans but because he was alone in this, he piggy-backed off the fighters of the Earth who did it merely for game/sport (the Tournaments). Vegeta, on the other hand, was a prince and had a different upbringing and mindset from most other Saiyans. The average everyday Saiyans likely would not have had the discipline or heart to do what Goku and Vegeta did, however, I still think they have a highly competitive nature which likely would serve as a starting point for enough of them to want to become stronger than the other ones.

Say there was like 700,000 Saiayns at the point of Frieza destroying the planet. I think had it not happened, of those 700,000 and the ones yet to be born or mature, I would estimate that 1% of them would have reached Super Saiyan eventually. That would be 7,000 Super Saiyans. I think at that point, Zeno would just get rid of the universe lol

But coming back to Vegeta, as you mentioned, Goku was his driving force to get strong so Vegeta would have probably had to have heard of Goku becoming a Super Saiyan through a rumor and going to Earth to see it for himself. It would have set up for a similar story of Beerus going to Earth to fight the Super Saiyan God. (BUT this is assuming Goku had been sent to Earth to begin with, which likely would not have been the case)

A lot would have changed but I don't think all of them would have ended up getting destroyed elsewhere, not unless Beerus did it himself which is totally plausible. They probably had awful food. LOL

Reactions: Boom

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I believe Saiyans are victims of the Fermi paradox. It's why we haven't met extraterrestrials is because they don't advance far enough technology wise to get out into interstellar space. They wipe themselves out, they fall victim to environmental or other follies such as asteroids destroying their civilizations. In a way I guess you can consider Freeza and folly since he's an outside force. The baddest of bad lucks if you will.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I believe Saiyans are victims of the Fermi paradox. It's why we haven't met extraterrestrials is because they don't advance far enough technology wise to get out into interstellar space. They wipe themselves out, they fall victim to environmental or other follies such as asteroids destroying their civilizations. In a way I guess you can consider Freeza and folly since he's an outside force. The baddest of bad lucks if you will.
They were the collective Edison of the universe stealing Tesla's (the Tuffles) hard work. LOL

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Didn't Frieza enslave like 79 planets or so? We don't have any evidence that the Saiyans would have reached out to other planets if not by King Cold recruiting them.

Beerus was U7's greatest threat. :ROFLMAO:

GogetaBlue

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Very true, Goku even said when got back to Earth at first he couldn't control it, but with time he learned. There must have been at least a few other Saiyans on Vegeta who would have had the mental fortitude to eventually reign it in and control it. Hell, I wonder how quickly Bardock would have reached or maybe even surpassed it if he'd had the chance?
well there is a non cannon about that it was just like when gohan went super saiyan two, just look up bardock goes ss for the first time

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: