News Good News

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
We need more good news stories. Well, at least I can do with some.
Share any you come across that is wholesome, positive or good in nature in this thread be it local to your area or not.

I'm a sucker for an animal rescue story.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I love it, we definitely need more of these!

Also, not "news" per-se, but something that needs to be included given the story that's starting this thread:

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It's a video of...yeah, no idea where, but a Sheriff's department somewhere, with one particular member (perhaps a Sheriff himself? A senior officer, either way) making a speech to the crowd about how they hate that idiot who killed George Floyd and they stand with the protestors. Come and talk to us, come and hug one particular officer, get to know them, etc. The crowd starts chanting walk with us and...well...the Sheriffs officers walk with the protestors, side by side. It's a neat video.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's a video of...yeah, no idea where, but a Sheriff's department somewhere, with one particular member (perhaps a Sheriff himself? A senior officer, either way) making a speech to the crowd about how they hate that idiot who killed George Floyd and they stand with the protestors. Come and talk to us, come and hug one particular officer, get to know them, etc. The crowd starts chanting walk with us and...well...the Sheriffs officers walk with the protestors, side by side. It's a neat video.
I am seeing videos like this pop up online. New York had cops hugging protestors. This is what the news should focus on, not the criminals. It takes away from the cause and the message.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
100% agree, by focusing on the destruction it's only giving them credence and pushing them to commit more violence because it's on the news. Give me the good stories any day!

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Here's some legitimately good news that's of total relevance to our little male dominated community: New Zealand has just announced that they will have free period products available in all schools by 2021. Posting this because this is one of those things that I don't quite get. Well obviously as a male I don't get periods anyway, but that's not what I'm talking about. Why in the hell are such vital products so expensive? They should absolutely be freely available for girls and women to utilize, and yet they're raking in the money left and right for them. Well done, NZ, now just expand that from schools to all public buildings and you're all set!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Here's some legitimately good news that's of total relevance to our little male dominated community: New Zealand has just announced that they will have free period products available in all schools by 2021. Posting this because this is one of those things that I don't quite get. Well obviously as a male I don't get periods anyway, but that's not what I'm talking about. Why in the hell are such vital products so expensive? They should absolutely be freely available for girls and women to utilize, and yet they're raking in the money left and right for them. Well done, NZ, now just expand that from schools to all public buildings and you're all set!

I spend $10 every 2 months, so it is $5 a month or $60 per year. It isn't that costly for me but I guess it depends on what you buy. Still though, this helps out parents and girls in high school, one less thing to worry about.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I spend $10 every 2 months, so it is $5 a month or $60 per year. It isn't that costly for me but I guess it depends on what you buy. Still though, this helps out parents and girls in high school, one less thing to worry about.
Yeah, I'm sure it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day, but most of the women I know are constantly going on about how much they're spending each month. Makes little sense to me that women should have to spend anything to tend to a vital function of existence, though to that same end here we are having just endured the great toilet paper wars of 2020, so maybe I'm off-base there?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, I'm sure it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day, but most of the women I know are constantly going on about how much they're spending each month. Makes little sense to me that women should have to spend anything to tend to a vital function of existence, though to that same end here we are having just endured the great toilet paper wars of 2020, so maybe I'm off-base there?
I use those Tampax pearl tampons which tend to be the most expensive tampons. I think for women who use pads, it ends up costing more so that could be why the prices are a bit different.

And you know, they probably couldn't make these kinds of things free because it would have a trickle effect. Next people will be complaining about diapers, toilet paper... and eventually, people would want everything for free. It'd be a mess. lol So I understand needing to pay for these things, but in schools, they should be provided just like they provide toilet paper.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I use those Tampax pearl tampons which tend to be the most expensive tampons. I think for women who use pads, it ends up costing more so that could be why the prices are a bit different.

Practically every woman I know swears by Tampax pearl, so I guess that's the go-to, and that's what they're telling me is so expensive, so maybe pricing varies by region? Not sure, but the one woman I know who uses pads buys them in larger quantities and seems to pay about the same as her tampon counterparts. I also know one woman who uses a diva cup (of all the insights into women I hoped to gain in my lifetime, various forms of menstrual products was not an area I saw myself gaining so much insights into:D ), which is more expensive than most options, but reusable, and she sings the praises of it...so...maybe that's the better option long term, price wise? I obviously have no insights into what's the better option practically as I have nothing but third party banter to offer, and only a cursory knowledge of pricing.

And you know, they probably couldn't make these kinds of things free because it would have a trickle effect. Next people will be complaining about diapers, toilet paper... and eventually, people would want everything for free. It'd be a mess. lol So I understand needing to pay for these things, but in schools, they should be provided just like they provide toilet paper.
I suppose that's true, though I do believe there should be a free option available for those not in a position financially to afford it. Not just in developed nations, but particularly in developing and third world countries where $5 a month is a fortune, or areas where there is so much stigma around periods that women and girls are too ashamed to consider purchasing such products.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Practically every woman I know swears by Tampax pearl
sdgdsgx.png

:haha:

Also, I can't tell I am using them so my guess is that it comes down to comfort and reliability.

I also know one woman who uses a diva cup (of all the insights into women I hoped to gain in my lifetime, various forms of menstrual products was not an area I saw myself gaining so much insights into:D ), which is more expensive than most options, but reusable, and she sings the praises of it...so...maybe that's the better option long term, price wise? I obviously have no insights into what's the better option practically as I have nothing but third party banter to offer, and only a cursory knowledge of pricing.

I always knew they were a thing but I learned about these on YouTube by watching Safiya Nygaard test one lol

Also....

We got some weird/interesting options out there.

I'll be sticking to tampons lol

• Informative

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
View attachment 1059
:haha:

Also, I can't tell I am using them so my guess is that it comes down to comfort and reliability.

Yeah, I'd assume that's the ideal objective, to not know it's there and just be able to get on with the day not worrying about it. Like all things, you find something that works best for you and stick with it.

I always knew they were a thing but I learned about these on YouTube by watching Safiya Nygaard test one lol

Yeah, I was introduced to a few similar videos about them. They seem like a decent solution, but I definitely see her point when she talks about not being able to change it in public bathrooms because of the washing factor. Would be awkward unless you're completely unphased by what people think. Hard sell for the average person. That aside, it does seem like it could be a great product for a lot of people, and it would cut down on cost eventually, given its' ability to be reused.

Also....

We got some weird/interesting options out there.

I'll be sticking to tampons lol

:ch1:

That's quite the array of products! I'd have to agree, if faced with that many alternatives, just stick with the tried and true :annoyed:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Here's some good news worth sharing...

A story on a company named Brightmark who recycle electronics to help clean up the e-cycle process. What's most impressive about them, however, is that their primary aim is to employ, rehabilitate and re-acclimate recently incarcerated men and women to help keep them out of trouble and offer them a skillset they can utilize going forward.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: