Hey

p123

Saiyan Grunt
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. I don't know anything about how forums have been run, but I've had this idea for years. Basically, on a small scale, not including other series, it would consist of like little boxes or areas you can click on. Kind of like clicking on a game mode when you play a game? Where the screen is kind of set for each area? You click on something like Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Super, Dragonball GT, and probably the Movies would be divided into DB, Z and Super I think? So you open up say Dragonball, which has a cool picture of Kid Goku with his stick and blue gi on, perhaps in a martial arts stance, then you open it up and it kind of feels like a video game. Pick your character. We choose Teen Goku here. And when we click on him, we get a wealth of information about the character, all power related and with a follow up summary of what he did, who said what about him, his feats and so on. Essentially repeating this same process for every single character in the Dragonball universe and we could have the completely bonafide home of all power debates, power information and so on. Repeating this process for Marvel/DC or whatever else, I'd be fine even doing this for like other shit as well, but that's getting a bit ahead. I've always had this dream of just having it all organized and looking awesome and fun to go through, everything at your finger tips, completely broken down.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, that would be great.

For me, it really would be a combination of all of the power statements in an organized fashion, along with some footnotes about it. Similar to what Kanzenshuu does but taken to the extreme. The guys that are coming here now are people who have debated on many websites across the fandom and we generally discuss power levels outside of the realm of the scouters and focus on a large A > B > C system that we've all debated for years.
P, I think you should try and recruit some guys from DBZeta and Kanzenshuu. They could help this place out when it comes to Dragon Ball knowledge. I already sent invites on Kanzenshuu, but I can't on Zeta.

Reactions: Jay

p123

Saiyan Grunt
Yeah, I like how this place looks a lot. It would be nice if they would join. I don't have any people from Kanzenshuu though.

Jay

XOF
Admin
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. I don't know anything about how forums have been run, but I've had this idea for years. Basically, on a small scale, not including other series, it would consist of like little boxes or areas you can click on. Kind of like clicking on a game mode when you play a game? Where the screen is kind of set for each area? You click on something like Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Super, Dragonball GT, and probably the Movies would be divided into DB, Z and Super I think? So you open up say Dragonball, which has a cool picture of Kid Goku with his stick and blue gi on, perhaps in a martial arts stance, then you open it up and it kind of feels like a video game. Pick your character. We choose Teen Goku here. And when we click on him, we get a wealth of information about the character, all power related and with a follow up summary of what he did, who said what about him, his feats and so on. Essentially repeating this same process for every single character in the Dragonball universe and we could have the completely bonafide home of all power debates, power information and so on. Repeating this process for Marvel/DC or whatever else, I'd be fine even doing this for like other shit as well, but that's getting a bit ahead. I've always had this dream of just having it all organized and looking awesome and fun to go through, everything at your finger tips, completely broken down.

So, something like this as a starting page? Choose a series, then choose a character, and then power levels are displayed? How are they displayed? Bar charts?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Not quite, it's just more difficult to find. They got rid of the .org domain and instead host it on the .com - https://open.vanillaforums.com/download
Still, development is slow and addons are slower still.

Huh, that is deceptively hidden. Had no idea they'd moved it there whatsoever! Glad it's still around, but yeah, it does look a bit on the slow side, which is sad. Updated April 1, which is nice, so still kicking.

p123

Saiyan Grunt
Yes, that looks awesome Jay. I'm not sure about displaying actual power levels, due to some of our logic, but perhaps some representative bar charts would be appropriate. But yeah, you'd click on one of those options, then you'd have a list of characters you could click on. What we are looking to do is give the user every power statement possible, so the viewer can get a real feel for the character's power.

Something like this to pick the saga.

Something like that to make the characters.

These are rough imaginations of what I'm envisioning, but just to give you an idea.

When you click the character, you get an assortment of power statements, perhaps even statements from within the anime? Perhaps a short breakdown of the context of the quotes and so on.

What do you think so far?

Jay

XOF
Admin
Yeah, it's definitely possible with many custom pages. I can make it happen if you provide the content. If it requires frequent and timely updates though, I'll have to think of something else.
Is this something that's widely discussed in the DB community?

Giant Saiyan Penis

Saiyan Grunt
I think it would be cool to have an interactive table where you could pick, for instance, Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan and it would line them up, comparing their power levels and giving a difference in both percentage and multiples.

p123

Saiyan Grunt
I'd definitely be down to get into some serious work Jay. But I'd like to go 50/50 with you on royalties and what not. Or at least split it between the major contributors. It would be a lot of work, but you are talking about a winning idea imo. People love to talk about power related crap, having a database that caters to that group would be great. As I said before, we could bring that idea to Marvel and other things. You clearly know how to build a beautiful website, it would be awesome to work with someone like that.

Come in the discord if you want to discuss things over voice.

Jay

XOF
Admin
I think it would be cool to have an interactive table where you could pick, for instance, Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan and it would line them up, comparing their power levels and giving a difference in both percentage and multiples.

That would almost certainly more than what can be achieved with this software.

I'd definitely be down to get into some serious work Jay. But I'd like to go 50/50 with you on royalties and what not. Or at least split it between the major contributors. It would be a lot of work, but you are talking about a winning idea imo. People love to talk about power related crap, having a database that caters to that group would be great. As I said before, we could bring that idea to Marvel and other things. You clearly know how to build a beautiful website, it would be awesome to work with someone like that.

Come in the discord if you want to discuss things over voice.

I'm not worried about royalties. If you write it, it's yours.

p123

Saiyan Grunt
Well I can't do the work. If you help me design the website, you should be compensated. I don't have any talent for this sort of thing whereas you clearly have it mastered. This is the prettiest Dragonball forum I've ever seen.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

XOF
Admin
Well I can't do the work. If you help me design the website, you should be compensated. I don't have any talent for this sort of thing whereas you clearly have it mastered. This is the prettiest Dragonball forum I've ever seen.

It's just a premium theme with my own customizations, certainly not my original work. :)
I'm trying to think of the best way to achieve this. Wherever it ends up being made, it can surely be integrated into a page on here.

p123

Saiyan Grunt
Hmm ok. So you wouldn't be up for making a new website for it then? I feel like it would be such a big project it wouldn't be able to be fit here. Let me PM you the rest of this stuff

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Perhaps you could make a website linked to this forum. Just like Kanzenshuu has:

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: