Dragon Ball Super How different the ToP would've gone with Buu?

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Do you think his childish nature would've been a liability or do you think his absorption & candy abilities would have made U7 win by a landslide?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I think his unpredictability and regeneration abilities would have caused a lot of other universes a ton of headaches. He also has the power to pretty much knock out anyone else in the ring short of a few of the pride troopers and U6 Saiyans. He would have most likely been rung out by Jiren or Toppo at some point. Where would that leave Goku in the end?

Reactions: Blockinlick

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I think his unpredictability and regeneration abilities would have caused a lot of other universes a ton of headaches. He also has the power to pretty much knock out anyone else in the ring short of a few of the pride troopers and U6 Saiyans. He would have most likely been rung out by Jiren or Toppo at some point. Where would that leave Goku in the end?

Good point. Jiren would have noticed right away that Buu was someone to be dealt with swiftly.

I bet he'd still have gotten a lot of work in before Jiren would step in.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
One thing to consider though... Jiren doesn't know anything about Buu. That said, Jiren would observe his regeneration, but would easily be caught off guard by absorption or candy ray.

He would handle Candy Ray like Vegito, sure, but absorption would make things interesting.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
A hilarious thought just occured to me too.

Imagine a combo absorption where Gohan instructs Buu to absorb the whole U7 team lol.

I think it would beat Jiren lol

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This actually brought up something I have been curious about since the Buu saga.... He can absorb people and fuse with them. He doesn't necessarily have to kill them. Why haven't we seen a Buu fusion? I'd imagine a Buu fusion with Goku or Vegeta would have molly whopped everyone in the tournament.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
This actually brought up something I have been curious about since the Buu saga.... He can absorb people and fuse with them. He doesn't necessarily have to kill them. Why haven't we seen a Buu fusion? I'd imagine a Buu fusion with Goku or Vegeta would have molly whopped everyone in the tournament.
Someone brought up recently as a theory for how the current arc of Super is going to end since Buu is in it. Could be unique and interesting. We’ll have to see how things pan out over the new month or so.

• Informative
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Someone brought up recently as a theory for how the current arc of Super is going to end since Buu is in it. Could be unique and interesting. We’ll have to see how things pan out over the new month or so.
I hope they start on the anime soon. Given what I know about the happenings in the manga, this one will be more like classic DBZ and less like it was for the first installment of Super.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2

I really REALLY hope they don't go the Buu + Uub route. It annoys me when they take ideas from GT lol

• Funny
Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
A Boo fusion would be an interesting thing. He really has potentially limitless fusions and they are permanent if he wants them to be. It makes me wonder if he could at some point free the other Gods that he absorbed that turned him into Fat Boo. Then again, maybe they do eventually die and become one with him forever.

Given what I've read in the Super manga, so far, Moro is a magic user. This could definitely indicate where Boo could really come in handy.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
maxresdefault.jpg

I just don't understand how he got in this shape only to go full blubber boy again. Well, I mean I understand it the dude is like shapable bubble gum but it seemed silly.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
A Boo fusion would be an interesting thing. He really has potentially limitless fusions and they are permanent if he wants them to be. It makes me wonder if he could at some point free the other Gods that he absorbed that turned him into Fat Boo. Then again, maybe they do eventually die and become one with him forever.

Given what I've read in the Super manga, so far, Moro is a magic user. This could definitely indicate where Boo could really come in handy.
You're in the ball park and it's not exactly safe to say that who he absorbs is gone forever. That's all I'll say.

Reactions: LividJay

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I think the biggest difference is less about Buu's involvement and more about losing Frieza. Frieza eliminated the second most in the entire tournament in the manga (second only to Kale), and the third most in the anime (behind Goku and Vegeta, which is annoying), and he was instrumental to defeating Jiren. Basically, if Buu was in instead of Frieza, Jiren would've won. Buu isn't exactly capable of strategy like Frieza, or even truly understanding the consequences. Buu definitely would've been one of the biggest threats in the tournament, probably more so than Frieza, but Jiren was kinda the only real obstacle in the Tournament of Power, and I don't think Buu could follow a plan as effectively or work in sync with someone as well as Frieza did against Jiren.

Reactions: GogetaBlue
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: