Dragon Ball GT How will they explain GT now?

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Dragon Ball Super takes places shortly after the battle with Majin Buu. Dragon Ball GT, on the other hand, takes place I think about 10 years later. The problem with this is that Goku and Vegeta have obtained the power of gods. This would be a huge buff in power. How do you think they'll handle this? Maybe Moro has something to do with it? I don't know much about him because I haven't seen any episodes, (I think he's only in manga at this point?). Or maybe they will explain GT as a different timeline. Gohan finally stepped up a bit in Super, though, nowhere near as bad ass as he was in the Cell Saga. I still think people would be unhappy to see him weak again.

What do you think?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
GT is non canon. Toriyama had nothing to do with it and he even considers it a "grand side story".

My thoughts are when Super does come back in anime form they're going to be moving closer to the end of Z where Goku meets Uub. What comes after is anyone's guess. Maybe they'll reintroduce Super Saiyan 4 somehow since it's one of the better things to come out of GT. Pan needs a hard reboot and never needs to play the damsel in distress again and no more "kid" Goku. It's disconcerting thinking about it years after the fact that a 50 something year old man's brain was in a child's body. Try again Toei!!

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Agreed with @Yoshioka Seijuro , it's non-cannon, it hopefully won't be re-integrated or acknowledged in any way moving forward. It'd be nice if they did acknowledge the Goku Jr. storyline at the end of it all, somehow, but other than that, let GT just be its' own thing.

Reactions: Yoshi

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
As mentioned, this isn't a part of the true story, just a "what if" spin off type of thing.

With that begin said, they could do a SS4 transformation in the anime using Moro. They can easily write it in that they were unable to "transform" by normal means so had to rely on carnal transformations. Maybe make it where in order to beat them, they feel they need to retain their tails and turn into the great apes again only to find that half way through transforming, Moro blocks the power waves and something happens.

I am not sure if they ever will do anything like this but I would enjoy it considering I love the look of SS4.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I get the feeling we're not likely to see the 4 transformation at any point, they're too wrapped up in the SS Red/Blue forms and the prospect of going with something more...primal...than the 'god' forms just seems like a detraction from what they're looking to do in this series. Not that it won't happen, just it seems unlikely, IMO.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I get the feeling we're not likely to see the 4 transformation at any point, they're too wrapped up in the SS Red/Blue forms and the prospect of going with something more...primal...than the 'god' forms just seems like a detraction from what they're looking to do in this series. Not that it won't happen, just it seems unlikely, IMO.
From a marketing standpoint, I think they could make a lot of money through kids though doing the SS4 transformation. Think of all the toys and new merch for it.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I'd be perfectly happy with them continuing with GT being just filler content. It wasn't in the manga as far as I know and although Toriyama supposedly closely supervised it, it's only in the anime. That said, I can see where there are some people who might be peeved - particularly after spending so much time invested in watching it all the way through.

As for SSJ 4 appearing in Super, it may be a possibility. Some are suggesting that the Moro arc could lead to SSJ 4.
I mean, if they can't transform the regular way, maybe the old-fashioned way?

Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I do enjoy God and Blue, but if they go away for some reason and we get SSJ 4 I would get over it pretty quick. Especially, if it retcons that SSJ 4 is as strong or even stronger than Blue. Outside of DB Heroes that is.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I do enjoy God and Blue, but if they go away for some reason and we get SSJ 4 I would get over it pretty quick. Especially, if it retcons that SSJ 4 is as strong or even stronger than Blue. Outside of DB Heroes that is.
That would actually really bother me. It would make no sense. If they achieve the power of gods and all of a sudden a silly transformation like SSJ 4 is more powerful, it would make it all seem pointless.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
That would actually really bother me. It would make no sense. If they achieve the power of gods and all of a sudden a silly transformation like SSJ 4 is more powerful, it would make it all seem pointless.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like God/Blue as well and I may just be holding on to something about SSJ 4 that we’ll never ever see again. Maybe there will be something past Blue. SS Green anyone? Had to be more than coincidence that it was on screen for the movie with both Vegeta and Goku when they tapped into god Ki.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They have to make SS4 (forgive me but I do not know what the J is for, I always say it as SS4 lol) weaker than the God form... Like even Blue should be weaker in my opinion but they can make it stronger in regards of it needing to be used because that power transformation SSB/SS/SSG can't be done for whatever reason.

Then again, if it only takes 5 Saiyans to bring out the power of the SSG, what happens if those 5 Saiyans are weaker? Would the end result thus be weaker? I mean Goku used an unborn baby to power up.

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
forgive me but I do not know what the J is for, I always say it as SS4 lol
Saiyajin, which is what it's called in Japanese.

Like even Blue should be weaker in my opinion
Totally agree with this. In the Broly movie they made it appear as a power-up above God form, though.

Then again, if it only takes 5 Saiyans to bring out the power of the SSG, what happens if those 5 Saiyans are weaker? Would the end result thus be weaker?
That would definitely make sense to me.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Saiyajin, which is what it's called in Japanese.

Totally agree with this. In the Broly movie they made it appear as a power-up above God form, though.

That would definitely make sense to me.

Oh!! Wow, I watched the subbed version of Super and didn't even realize this. LOL!

Yeah Blue is implied to be stronger but with my last statement, it being weaker does make sense.
Some of this stuff really confuses a person when they think about it all :pissed:

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'm going to try and give some insight and not make it sound like complete BS. From a writing perspective of trying to stay within universe and canon, I see what you mean where the entire aspect behind SSG would be more powerful since Blue is your own inherent abilities stemming from the Super Saiyan transformation. I like to think the ritual that Goku underwent was akin to jump starting a car. It gets things moving where they need to be. Blue I feel was overused to death in DBS to the point where it didn't feel special anymore. We can't take it back, but in a perfect world Blue would have been used as the "sledge hammer" trump card that did all the damage. I'm trying to play by established elements and let me say it sometimes feels like being painted into a corner.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I think if they're going to introduce SSJ4 into Super the only reasonable way to have it work and be even remotely comparable to SSJ Blue would be a Gogeta sort of thing. Two transform into SSJ4, then fusion makes them a credible level near SSJ Blue? Beyond that, I just don't see a reason to bring it into the series at all.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think if they're going to introduce SSJ4 into Super the only reasonable way to have it work and be even remotely comparable to SSJ Blue would be a Gogeta sort of thing. Two transform into SSJ4, then fusion makes them a credible level near SSJ Blue? Beyond that, I just don't see a reason to bring it into the series at all.
That is a fair point. I mean they could just recreate it and have it look a bit different with a different origin. Maybe not call it SSJ4 even.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
That is a fair point. I mean they could just recreate it and have it look a bit different with a different origin. Maybe not call it SSJ4 even.
That reminds me a lot of what they did with Broly. I can see them doing this to SSJ4 too, so they might as well.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: