How would you fix Dragon Ball (any series)?

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
Just like the title suggests? What part of Dragon Ball throughout all of it would you change? Just a minor thing like altering transformations? Or major things like relative power, where it should end, or what characters should have "won the day"?

Reactions: Beerus

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Dragon Ball - Have Lunch stay a supporting character instead of disappearing from the Manga after Dragon Ball.
Dragon Ball Z - Have Raditz and Nappa become Z Fighters.
Dragon Ball GT - Omit the Super #17 Arc.
Dragon Ball Super - Fix the animation quality in the Battle Of Gods & Fukkatsu No Freeza Arcs.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Dragon Ball - Perfect the way it is, IMO
Dragon Ball Z - Let Gohan take the reigns and stay as strongest. Bring Goku back for Kid Buu and have Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta beat him together.
Dragon Ball GT - Throw the script away.
Dragon Ball Super - Fix animation quality and introduce consistency in power levels.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
For Dragon Ball, there really isn't anything I would change. The story had a nice progression and the characters were all well thought out and fit where they needed to. I would have only liked to see a bit more of young adult Goku prior to him and Chi Chi having Gohan. That is really my only complaint.

DBZ... I would have preferred Gohan to be a bigger deal after the Cell Saga. We all know how that went. I get why he was written the way he was, considering Goku had not been in his life and Chi Chi was smothering him but it could have been written a bit better. He ended up being more of a joke and I don't think that is what they intended to happen.

DBGT... Well, there was a lot of "filler" in this one. It felt like, at times, I wasn't even watching something related to Dragon Ball. Don't get me wrong, even with the bad parts I still enjoyed it but I feel like they could have done a better job with the pace and the writing. The first part felt like it was going in slow motion and after that, everything was sped up. The final fight of the series felt too rushed somehow. I don't know. I mean there is a lot you can change here that would have made it better.

DBS... I liked it. I still do. But they really need to slow things down with the power-ups. So for me, that would be the main thing I would change. Also, I would have added more to the universe 6 Saiyans. That whole part of the story felt too rushed.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Dragon Ball Super - Fix the animation quality in the later half
Dragon Ball Super - Fix animation quality
Dragon Ball Super - Fix the animation quality in the Battle Of Gods
e42.png

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
I wouldn't do Super and would just redo GT with Goten, Trunks and Goku going outer space. (I also wouldn't have Goku turn into a kid, but would keep the Super Sayian 4 form.)

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
I'd personally would've made a bunch of small changes that overall wouldn't have affected the story.

Dragonball was perfectly fine. Nothing I would really want to change.

I'd change a lot about DBZ - Primarily how power levels work. Transformations. Character importance and versatility. Granted I don't have to sell the series so I don't have to worry about sales. lol

GT? Completely revamp the series where Pilaf wishes Goku just straight gone, and it's up to Goten, Trunks, and Pan to get Dragon Balls from Namek (as Goku was the only one with IT), only to find out they have been destroyed and must locate a different set of Dragon Balls to wish Goku back into existence.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Someone got that Beerus one as a tattoo.
oh lawd!
GT? Completely revamp the series where Pilaf wishes Goku just straight gone, and it's up to Goten, Trunks, and Pan to get Dragon Balls from Namek (as Goku was the only one with IT), only to find out they have been destroyed and must locate a different set of Dragon Balls to wish Goku back into existence.
That would be interesting. I also like how it brings Goten into it. Think of the enemies they'd fight as an older Gotenks. That'd be pretty cool.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Dragon Ball - Keep Lunch around and entertain a possible romance between Goku and Bulma
Dragon Ball Z - Let Raditz survive and/or be resurrected to become a factor. Build up Gohan more naturally instead of a big reveal for the Cell games. Allow him to stay competitive until the end.
Dragon Ball GT - Omit debuffing Goku to a child. Completely rewrite the adventures to seek out the Black Star Dragon Balls to be more challenging yet concise in overall narrative.
Dragon Ball Super - Have consistency between the manga and anime versions of stories. Completely rewrite BOTH endings of the Goku Black arc to keep tension and shorten the Tournament of Power to keep tension between all participating characters. Also power scaling.

Last edited:

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
oh lawd!

That would be interesting. I also like how it brings Goten into it. Think of the enemies they'd fight as an older Gotenks. That'd be pretty cool.
I'd actually make a big part of it them trying to successfully recreate Gotenks, the personal dislike for it (from it being uncool from Pan's POV), and their settling as the next generation.

The end of the first season, or maybe the second or third villain would be the reveal of the new Gotenks as they get over their childish need to look good and embrace the friendship they had for a long time. In fact, the idea is Gotenks and Trunks might not have even been hanging out all that much and growing apart, so Gotenks would be the healing of that rift for a truly powerful event.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: