Video Games I had no idea Rocket League was moved...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
So I played a lot of hours on this game. I mean, a crap ton. I have it through Steam. I guess Epic Games has it now and it is free to play. So I have a feeling it is not going to be as fun to play anymore because free-to-play games tend to be loaded with crap they are constantly trying to sell you and I am not a big fan of Epic Games. On top of that, since it is free, there is far more of a chance you get matched up with a complete noob kid on your team which is frustrating as heck.

Hmm... I was considering getting back into this game but now, I don't know.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I fell out of love with Rocket League after about a week of playing it, never quite got the appeal of it, I guess. Fun game, but yeah, the players ruin it.

As for it going free to play, yeah, sounds like it's going to be full of microtransactions now, which is not ideal.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I fell out of love with Rocket League after about a week of playing it, never quite got the appeal of it, I guess. Fun game, but yeah, the players ruin it.

As for it going free to play, yeah, sounds like it's going to be full of microtransactions now, which is not ideal.
It helps to have someone to play with. I always played with Jay. Sometimes a third but it was mostly us two and a random. I can't imagine the game is doing better at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, I had a friend that I used to play with, as well, but it was still not a great game, IMO. Not terrible, but not something that I could get into. Shame, because it seems like a lot of people had a lot of fun with it.

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Just not your cup of tea I suppose.
Yep, seems to happen that way with some of the popular games for me. Never liked Rocket League, couldn't get into Fortnight, Apex, Team Fortress, not a massive Assassins Creed fan, in spite of the fact I was desperate to love those first three games, and so on...Maybe I'm just a video game contrarian?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yep, seems to happen that way with some of the popular games for me. Never liked Rocket League, couldn't get into Fortnight, Apex, Team Fortress, not a massive Assassins Creed fan, in spite of the fact I was desperate to love those first three games, and so on...Maybe I'm just a video game contrarian?
I enjoyed the first 3 AC games, everything that followed after mehh. Apex was fun until they ruined it but I sucked at it so badly. lol Fornite though can gtfo.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I enjoyed the first 3 AC games, everything that followed after mehh. Apex was fun until they ruined it but I sucked at it so badly. lol Fornite though can gtfo.
I wanted so badly to love those first 3 AC games. They looked so great, and the I was so hyped for the first one, but once I started playing it I just could not like it. Then the second one improved the gameplay a bit, but the I felt the story was sub-par, so by the third I was just unimpressed with the whole series. After that it became a yearly release almost, so I just gave up trying to care about it, but I really tried to make those first 3 out to be as good as everyone else was saying they were, and I just couldn't. Amazing concept and I wanted to be drawn in, but nope...

It's worked that way for a few games that everyone else loves, sometimes I just cannot get myself to like them, and then I get sucked into a series of games that everyone else hates, like Fable. I absolutely love the Fable series (well, the 3 main games, Heroes and whatever that VR one was were a travesty), but it gets dumped on constantly because of just how badly Peter Molyneux hyped up the first game only to deliver about 1/3 of what he actually promised (no wonder it was code-named Project Ego!). Same thing happened with Rocket League, I wanted to like it because I love football/soccer and cars, and here's a game that essentially delivers both, and yet...nah. Don't know why I can't just sit down and enjoy it, but that's the way my brain goes sometimes. Annoying!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I wanted so badly to love those first 3 AC games. They looked so great, and the I was so hyped for the first one, but once I started playing it I just could not like it. Then the second one improved the gameplay a bit, but the I felt the story was sub-par, so by the third I was just unimpressed with the whole series. After that it became a yearly release almost, so I just gave up trying to care about it, but I really tried to make those first 3 out to be as good as everyone else was saying they were, and I just couldn't. Amazing concept and I wanted to be drawn in, but nope...

It's worked that way for a few games that everyone else loves, sometimes I just cannot get myself to like them, and then I get sucked into a series of games that everyone else hates, like Fable. I absolutely love the Fable series (well, the 3 main games, Heroes and whatever that VR one was were a travesty), but it gets dumped on constantly because of just how badly Peter Molyneux hyped up the first game only to deliver about 1/3 of what he actually promised (no wonder it was code-named Project Ego!). Same thing happened with Rocket League, I wanted to like it because I love football/soccer and cars, and here's a game that essentially delivers both, and yet...nah. Don't know why I can't just sit down and enjoy it, but that's the way my brain goes sometimes. Annoying!
I loved Fable 2 and 3. Screw the haters.

• Love

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I loved Fable 2 and 3. Screw the haters.
Same here, played through the three of them (well, technically I played through the four of them since they re-released the first one as "The Lost Chapters" later on with additional content, so re-bought and re-played it, too) at least 3 times each. Fantastic games, but they get dumped on so much by so many people it's not even funny. For me they're great games, loads of fun to play, yet they don't seem to be for everyone. But I agree, to hell with those haters.

...ok, giphy knows it's me now...I searched for Fable 3 gifs and among the first results is this...conspiracy!

giphy.gif

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Same here, played through the three of them (well, technically I played through the four of them since they re-released the first one as "The Lost Chapters" later on with additional content, so re-bought and re-played it, too) at least 3 times each. Fantastic games, but they get dumped on so much by so many people it's not even funny. For me they're great games, loads of fun to play, yet they don't seem to be for everyone. But I agree, to hell with those haters.

...ok, giphy knows it's me now...I searched for Fable 3 gifs and among the first results is this...conspiracy!

giphy.gif
I still remember playing the third one. I played it a bit after the release. It was on the 4th of July. Had nothing to do, nowhere to go. So I sat home and played through the entire game, twice. lol

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I still remember playing the third one. I played it a bit after the release. It was on the 4th of July. Had nothing to do, nowhere to go. So I sat home and played through the entire game, twice. lol
That's understandable, I loved the third one the most! Playing the pre-King reign, then ruling over Albion and building up the vault so it's full of enough cash to keep everyone happy. Such a fun game, and so many little tasks to keep you occupied that it just flies through!

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's understandable, I loved the third one the most! Playing the pre-King reign, then ruling over Albion and building up the vault so it's full of enough cash to keep everyone happy. Such a fun game, and so many little tasks to keep you occupied that it just flies through!
I liked playing through it as a good guy the first time and then I went evil as all hell the next playthrough.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I liked playing through it as a good guy the first time and then I went evil as all hell the next playthrough.
Oh definitely! You've got to have a go on both sides just to see how it plays out :D

That's one thing I love about the Fable games as a whole, the difference between playing as good or evil, and some of the twists they put into the games along the way. IE at the end of 2, when you were given a choice by Theresa to carry on into the endgame as yourself or to swap genders and play the endgame as the opposite gender. I did that, going from male to female (insert "of course YOU did!" moment here) and loved that, even though my dog (LOVED the dog companion) remembered and still loved me, my wife didn't love me anymore because she was only interested in men, and I managed to find a couple of other romantic partners who were female and preferred females, so essentially started brand new relationships in brand new houses with brand new fun times :D. You don't get that in a lot of other games.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: