Dragon Ball Super If Beerus were killed somehow, who would be best to replace him as GoD?

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I've ran across a few articles linked on Facebook talking about who would be best as the new God of Destruction. One article tried to argue it was Vegeta while another suggested Frieza.

Firstly, I think it's amusing that so many people assume Beerus will ever die or lose his position in the first place. I for one think he never will, however, I got to thinking about IF it did happen, who would be best for the position as God of Destruction who would actually take it. I came to the conclusion that there's no one close to ideal for it that would actually consider taking it.

Vegeta: Would be almost perfect for it, however, I don't think he wants it. Being a GoD means going abroad on a universal scale and leaving his family & legacy behind. I don't think Vegeta would do that and judging by his reaction to Toppo taking on the power, I don't think Vegeta likes the idea of it at all.

Frieza: Frieza is not just a destroyer, he's an imperialistic conqueror. Not only that, but he views himself as beneath no one. He stated in the ToP that he aims to seek out Zeno's power. GoD was not good enough for him. His goals and agenda mean he's incapable of being cooperative with any of the Gods' hierarchy, let alone Whis. To make matters worse for Frieza's eligibility, Whis clearly doesn't like him and would not approve of the choice.

Piccolo: While Piccolo once had a destructive villainous streak, it was short-lived, overridden by love, and after he fused with Kami, one could assume his destructive nature is entirely gone.

Goku: The least eligible for the position. Goku's demeanor and tendency to be recklessly merciful makes him unfit. He's far more interested in fighting than destroying.

Android 17: One could easily assume that 17 has lost his destructive nature. Also, I don't think he'd be interested. If he wanted to be it, he'd be a decent one though.

Broly: Screw Broly, I hope he gets a heart virus and dies. Okay okay... Broly is too reckless & mindless and too uneducated and naive as well. Whis wouldn't be able to work with him, no one could.

Fat Buu: Too immature and stupid. Also, having a universe-threatening ticking time-bomb like Buu as GoD is risky, needless to say.

Honestly, I think a resurrected Dabura would be a hell of a candidate. A resurrected Cell has its merit as well. In both cases, however, they'd have to have some character development to be less villainous enough for the role.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Mira has enough power and malice to have the potential for it. Him being part Saiyan would inform his drive to be the most powerful in the position, but I feel him being a demon and a very evil one at that would disqualify him from contention.

You would require someone who has the drive to be of service, perhaps if Bardock was still alive he could fit the bill. He's a soldier and not nearly as kind hearted as his youngest son Kakarot.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Mira has enough power and malice to have the potential for it. Him being part Saiyan would inform his drive to be the most powerful in the position, but I feel him being a demon and a very evil one at that would disqualify him from contention.

You would require someone who has the drive to be of service, perhaps if Bardock was still alive he could fit the bill. He's a soldier and not nearly as kind hearted as his youngest son Kakarot.

Mira is the Xenoverse villain, right? Is that canon?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Mira is the Xenoverse villain, right? Is that canon?
Dragon Ball has no set canon but if you want to take it as did Toriyama design him? Yes, he did. He designed Mira and Towa, but storyline was created by the people behind the games he appears in.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Vegeta would work if it wasn't for his marriage and children. That alone won't allow for it, not to mention his development in Super has pushed him even further into being a selfless hero.

I can't think of one main character that would work in this position. Beerus is a lot more chill than he was original. They are meant to be ruthless but have restraint. The bad guys of the series are too ruthless and lack restraint in some cases while the good guys are not ruthless enough.

Reactions: Blockinlick

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I just thought of something else. Who would take over for the Supreme Kai (Shin)? I know if he dies, Beerus dies so I would imagine it goes the other way around too... Unless we are meant to ignore this entirely now? lol

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I just thought of something else. Who would take over for the Supreme Kai (Shin)? I know if he dies, Beerus dies so I would imagine it goes the other way around too... Unless we are meant to ignore this entirely now? lol
I think Kibito was his apprentice and would take over. Maybe that means a new Destroyer would be born.

Reactions: Beerus

MOHH

Saiyan Grunt
I've ran across a few articles linked on Facebook talking about who would be best as the new God of Destruction. One article tried to argue it was Vegeta while another suggested Frieza.

Firstly, I think it's amusing that so many people assume Beerus will ever die or lose his position in the first place. I for one think he never will, however, I got to thinking about IF it did happen, who would be best for the position as God of Destruction who would actually take it. I came to the conclusion that there's no one close to ideal for it that would actually consider taking it.

Vegeta: Would be almost perfect for it, however, I don't think he wants it. Being a GoD means going abroad on a universal scale and leaving his family & legacy behind. I don't think Vegeta would do that and judging by his reaction to Toppo taking on the power, I don't think Vegeta likes the idea of it at all.

Frieza: Frieza is not just a destroyer, he's an imperialistic conqueror. Not only that, but he views himself as beneath no one. He stated in the ToP that he aims to seek out Zeno's power. GoD was not good enough for him. His goals and agenda mean he's incapable of being cooperative with any of the Gods' hierarchy, let alone Whis. To make matters worse for Frieza's eligibility, Whis clearly doesn't like him and would not approve of the choice.

Piccolo: While Piccolo once had a destructive villainous streak, it was short-lived, overridden by love, and after he fused with Kami, one could assume his destructive nature is entirely gone.

Goku: The least eligible for the position. Goku's demeanor and tendency to be recklessly merciful makes him unfit. He's far more interested in fighting than destroying.

Android 17: One could easily assume that 17 has lost his destructive nature. Also, I don't think he'd be interested. If he wanted to be it, he'd be a decent one though.

Broly: Screw Broly, I hope he gets a heart virus and dies. Okay okay... Broly is too reckless & mindless and too uneducated and naive as well. Whis wouldn't be able to work with him, no one could.

Fat Buu: Too immature and stupid. Also, having a universe-threatening ticking time-bomb like Buu as GoD is risky, needless to say.

Honestly, I think a resurrected Dabura would be a hell of a candidate. A resurrected Cell has its merit as well. In both cases, however, they'd have to have some character development to be less villainous enough for the role.
In my opinion Vegeta would be a perfect canidate for GOD even Whis specifically said that he would train vegeta if he would become god and if he starts to control his energy he would surpass even goku

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
In my opinion Vegeta would be a perfect canidate for GOD even Whis specifically said that he would train vegeta if he would become god and if he starts to control his energy he would surpass even goku

The question about Vegeta isn't whether he'd be a good one. Everyone knows he would be. The issue is that he doesn't want it. Go back and watch his reaction to Toppo transforming into GoD. Vegeta wouldn't take the job.

Notaka

Saiyan Grunt
Out of these, Frieza. I know it doesn't fit, but compared to Goku or Vegeta, he's the ideal man for it. I can see him accepting it, if only trying to attain more power. Broly I could see if Whis somehow manages to tame him.

GogetaBlue

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
if super went with Z vegeta turned good so not him. but since this is super mabye, but frieza would do the best.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
if super went with Z vegeta turned good so not him. but since this is super mabye, but frieza would do the best.

Already stated my reason for Frieza not being a good candidate.
Frieza is not just a destroyer, he's an imperialistic conqueror. Not only that, but he views himself as beneath no one. He stated in the ToP that he aims to seek out Zeno's power. GoD was not good enough for him. His goals and agenda mean he's incapable of being cooperative with any of the Gods' hierarchy, let alone Whis. To make matters worse for Frieza's eligibility, Whis clearly doesn't like him and would not approve of the choice.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
I think definitely a Namekian. Not necessarily Piccolo, just a Namekian. I don't think being a God of Destruction means necessarily that you have to be evil by nature. It's only those nasty things you have to do as god, when there is injustice or when something must fade away. Someone must get their hands dirty. So I think for a Universe's sake, the GoD must be someone wise yet tough. A human/Saiyan have this affectionate nature that could cloud their judgement. Namekians are self-disciplined, also they have regenerative powers and can create something from nothing. And I think this will apply vice-versa just fine.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think definitely a Namekian. Not necessarily Piccolo, just a Namekian. I don't think being a God of Destruction means necessarily that you have to be evil by nature. It's only those nasty things you have to do as god, when there is injustice or when something must fade away. Someone must get their hands dirty. So I think for a Universe's sake, the GoD must be someone wise yet tough. A human/Saiyan have this affectionate nature that could cloud their judgement. Namekians are self-disciplined, also they have regenerative powers and can create something from nothing. And I think this will apply vice-versa just fine.
They do have a planet. I mean part of the conditions is that the one being trained for the position must destroy their home planet.

• Informative
Reactions: Blockinlick
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: