if only xenoverse 2 could match budokai tenkaichi or even raging blast

jbreak

Saiyan Grunt
i gotta say the gameplay is not bad but kinda lacking in so many ways. if you know what i mean... even kakarot missed on the vibes raging blast and budokai tenkaichi 2 and 3 had. what a little waste. mods are making the thing even better... just saying it should have been better....

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Raging Blast was actually pretty mediocre. I was disappointed that it was noticeably worse than Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3. I think Xenoverse was better than Raging Blast for a more modern DBZ game, but still worse than BT2 and BT3.

I have not played Kakarot or Fighter Z but they actually seem to be more fanservice type DBZ games.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
There were parts of XenoVerse 2 that I really enjoyed. Absolutely hate the spammy attacks they have, though.

I have not played Kakarot or Fighter Z but they actually seem to be more fanservice type DBZ games.
I liked the concept of it, but quickly got bored. More of the same thing, but with farming items and such. I didn't even make it past the Saiyan saga before I quit playing.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
The coolest thing about Xenoverse 2 was being able to have your Xenoverse 1 character imported into Xenoverse 2's story mode as the hero of the first game. Gave it a cool legacy vibe that I really appreciated. But not enough to actually make me finish Xenoverse 2, especially when I forced myself to finish the first game and XV2 didn't offer much new (tbh, I'm not entirely sure what new it did offer). Never been much of a fan of the Xenoverse games, I do definitely prefer Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 to it. Maybe not the original Raging Blast, I don't think that one left much of an impression on me. But I thought Raging Blast 2 was dope, more dope than the Xenoverses.

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
The coolest thing about Xenoverse 2 was being able to have your Xenoverse 1 character imported into Xenoverse 2's story mode as the hero of the first game. Gave it a cool legacy vibe that I really appreciated. But not enough to actually make me finish Xenoverse 2, especially when I forced myself to finish the first game and XV2 didn't offer much new (tbh, I'm not entirely sure what new it did offer). Never been much of a fan of the Xenoverse games, I do definitely prefer Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 to it. Maybe not the original Raging Blast, I don't think that one left much of an impression on me. But I thought Raging Blast 2 was dope, more dope than the Xenoverses.
What I liked about the XenoVerse games was that they were different from every other Dragon Ball game where you simply went through the story over and over again, with minor imrpovements to game play. You got to create your own character that could be a one of the primary races and injected yourself into the timeline where things were being changed. I thought it was a pretty neat concept and was fun and different.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
What I liked about the XenoVerse games was that they were different from every other Dragon Ball game where you simply went through the story over and over again, with minor imrpovements to game play. You got to create your own character that could be a one of the primary races and injected yourself into the timeline where things were being changed. I thought it was a pretty neat concept and was fun and different.

I didn't think they went far enough to make the story different tbh, it was one of the most disappointing parts of the game. We still went through every Dragon Ball Z battle in chronological order, except this time someone glowed an evil colour and we needed to stop them. I don't know, throw different characters into different storylines, maybe they messed up time by bringing Cell on Namek on something. I still felt like I was just playing the Dragon Ball story again when I was expecting something more fresh. Another thing I hated about the story was the Mira fights, those were the easiest battles in the game, I cake walk over him and then the cutscene acted like I barely survived the encounter. Final boss was cool though.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I didn't think they went far enough to make the story different tbh, it was one of the most disappointing parts of the game. We still went through every Dragon Ball Z battle in chronological order, except this time someone glowed an evil colour and we needed to stop them. I don't know, throw different characters into different storylines, maybe they messed up time by bringing Cell on Namek on something. I still felt like I was just playing the Dragon Ball story again when I was expecting something more fresh. Another thing I hated about the story was the Mira fights, those were the easiest battles in the game, I cake walk over him and then the cutscene acted like I barely survived the encounter. Final boss was cool though.
I get what you're saying, I just think it was a big improvement over every other game we got. Even DBZ: Kakarot is the same ole thing.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I get what you're saying, I just think it was a big improvement over every other game we got. Even DBZ: Kakarot is the same ole thing.

In fairness, FighterZ had a completely original story and it's the worst part of the game. Though some of the character interactions were priceless, that actual story was slog that I'm impressed I got through all of, so there's an appeal to the same old thing.

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
In fairness, FighterZ had a completely original story and it's the worst part of the game. Though some of the character interactions were priceless, that actual story was slog that I'm impressed I got through all of, so there's an appeal to the same old thing.
Never played that one - partially because I didn't think it had a story mode.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: