Dragon Ball GT If they were to "redo" GT, what would you keep as canon?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Okay, better take on DBGT since I plan on rewatching it in the near future.

- Make Pan viable and not a prop for Goku to rescue. Give her at least SSJ. She's 10 not an angsty teen, for crying out loud.
- Do not make Goku a kid with the wish. It's weird to have a 52 year old man in a child's body.
- That being said you can scrap the whole first half of the story. Come up with a better reason for them to run into Baby and company. Start things off there.
- Have Goten tag along on their adventures instead of worrying about how he's going to get laid.
- Keep just about everything the same with SSJ4 and Baby Vegeta. Scrap that bull shit with the Blutz wave machine. Just let Baby Vegeta figure out on his own how Goku transformed and replicate it.
- Scrap Super 17 arc. It's stupid.
- Shadow Dragons can stay but make the weaker ones more of a threat. Also, bring in the other Z fighters to be involved in the hunt for them. Maybe even Yamcha could handle one. :LOL:
- You must absolutely keep Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku because it's perfection.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
The interesting thing with this question is Super. Like, if this question was "if you were in charge of GT, what would you keep in" my answers would be very different but the way it's phrased, I can't keep anything in GT that's going to contradict Super. Because than my version of GT is riddled with plot-holes than contradict what's been established. Basically what I'm getting at here, is that as cool as Super Saiyan Four, and Super Saiyan Four Goku is a rad as hell design, if we were to make do it now and make it canon, I wouldn't include it. Because it's existence doesn't necessarily contradict canon mind you, but it's just like at this point, what purpose does it serve? Like Goku has Super Saiyan God and Ultra Instinct, even if I kept him being a kid, he would still have access to them. At least base God form, Blue would be too draining for Kiddie Goku but I don't think the others would be. Super Saiyan Four is probably my favourite thing to come out of GT but it just doesn't make sense in a canon world where Goku and Vegeta both have objectively better transformations available.

But as for what I'd keep, the concepts. GT has great concepts, literally every saga has a fantastic concept. The first arc having them traveling across multiple planets in search of Dragon Balls is such a cool concept, because Dragon Ball has some great alien species, there's a lot you could do with different planets and species to make it interesting. The problem was the execution. Baby is a fantastic concept. His history with the Saiyans, he ability to possess people's bodies, such a cool concept. I found the arc to be slog and couldn't get through it. The problem was the execution. Super 17 is unsalvageable, terrible concept. The Shadow Dragons, enemies spawned from the overuse of the Dragon Ball where each tied to like a wish made throughout the series, probably the greatest concept you could think of to bring the Dragon Ball Saga to a close. But from what I saw, outside of some cool moments with Omega Shenron, the problem was the execution.

Although shit, with the Super Dragon Balls that whole Shadow Dragon arc might not make sense anymore so I don't actually know if I could keep it.

Reactions: Beerus

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
The interesting thing with this question is Super. Like, if this question was "if you were in charge of GT, what would you keep in" my answers would be very different but the way it's phrased, I can't keep anything in GT that's going to contradict Super. Because than my version of GT is riddled with plot-holes than contradict what's been established. Basically what I'm getting at here, is that as cool as Super Saiyan Four, and Super Saiyan Four Goku is a rad as hell design, if we were to make do it now and make it canon, I wouldn't include it. Because it's existence doesn't necessarily contradict canon mind you, but it's just like at this point, what purpose does it serve? Like Goku has Super Saiyan God and Ultra Instinct, even if I kept him being a kid, he would still have access to them. At least base God form, Blue would be too draining for Kiddie Goku but I don't think the others would be. Super Saiyan Four is probably my favourite thing to come out of GT but it just doesn't make sense in a canon world where Goku and Vegeta both have objectively better transformations available.
Agreed. It really doesn't make sense due to the timeline. SSJ4 doesn't compare to god forms and ultra instinct...it really serves no purpose other than to potentially keep the Saiyans warmer in colder climates.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Gokus kid transformation but it wouldnt mess with his head and wouldnt last the entire show!
SSJ4
Pan mostly how she was in the japanese version but becomming nicer as it goes on also ssj
GT trunks
Characters aging
Baby vegeta
Shadow Dragons
The concept of having a dragonball quest throughot the Galaxy
the 3-6 Episode with minor twaeks

Reactions: Punkhead
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty: