Karens

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I mean most of the time it wasn't the accent but more like xenophobia/racism. And people like them were really condescending. We also had a lot of the good ol' "I want to talk to your manager" Karens. And not because of injustices, but because they thought just because they've been customers for like 5 years they deserved brand new iPhones for free. I would gladly call my team leader then because I wasn't putting up with that crap.
Oh right, yeah some people can just be assholes for the sake of being assholes. Not worth dealing with them.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
When I was a vet assistant, the doc I worked for was from Pakistan and good lawd it took me forever to understand him because he not only had the accent but talked fast and would walk away from me while talking. The other women who worked there used to laugh because he would ask me to fill a prescription and be in the other room by the time he finished telling me the dosage.

Oh yeah, I had a couple of doctors from India over the years, and when they're deep in thought and just talking...they could be saying absolutely anything...I just nod my head and agree...some people don't understand that they need to slow it down a touch.

I mean most of the time it wasn't the accent but more like xenophobia/racism. And people like them were really condescending. We also had a lot of the good ol' "I want to talk to your manager" Karens. And not because of injustices, but because they thought just because they've been customers for like 5 years they deserved brand new iPhones for free. I would gladly call my team leader then because I wasn't putting up with that crap.

Eww, screw those women, should've sent them to the Aussies...good luck understanding half of what they say!

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh yeah, I had a couple of doctors from India over the years, and when they're deep in thought and just talking...they could be saying absolutely anything...I just nod my head and agree...some people don't understand that they need to slow it down a touch.
I am horrible with it though because I don't want to be rude so I kind of just would go along with what he was saying and then he would ask me a question and I would feel like an idiot lol

• Funny
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I am horrible with it though because I don't want to be rude so I kind of just would go along with what he was saying and then he would ask me a question and I would feel like an idiot lol
Oh yeah, that's definitely a hard road to go down. I get it, though, I don't want to come off as rude to people, either, but I learned from failing a few times that sometimes you just have to ask them to repeat what they said :D

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh yeah, that's definitely a hard road to go down. I get it, though, I don't want to come off as rude to people, either, but I learned from failing a few times that sometimes you just have to ask them to repeat what they said :D

giphy.gif

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan

Indians talk naturally fast but I agree some of them have a really strong accent and have a way of articulating words that make them hard to understand. When I worked in IT remote support and they called I would simply ask them yes or no questions, or try to confirm what they said and if it was correct they be like "yes". Or if possible ask them to communicate in writing because it saved us both from a lot of trouble.

Eww, screw those women, should've sent them to the Aussies...good luck understanding half of what they say!

They weren't just the blonde bob women but self-entitled people with superiority complex but yeah you get the point. :LOL:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Indians talk naturally fast but I agree some of them have a really strong accent and have a way of articulating words that make them hard to understand. When I worked in IT remote support and they called I would simply ask them yes or no questions, or try to confirm what they said and if it was correct they be like "yes". Or if possible ask them to communicate in writing because it saved us both from a lot of trouble.

Yeah, that's probably the best way. Send it in writing or email it to me, I'll happily read through an email! No offense to Indians, but their accent and manner of speaking is just really hard to grasp when they talk fast.

They weren't just the blonde bob women but self-entitled people with superiority complex but yeah you get the point. :LOL:

I'm all for strong women being strong women, but self-entitled women...no thanks. That's the pompous sort of attitude I hate, to hell with them!

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I'll just leave this here...

Call it whatever you want, but when I call an American company to receive support on an American product, I expect to be able to talk to someone who I can understand and vice versa.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Call it whatever you want, but when I call an American company to receive support on an American product, I expect to be able to talk to someone who I can understand and vice versa.

Correct, but if you come across a foreigner it's never ok to be rude to them. It wasn't them who decided that the company should resort to outsourcing to save money on wages. Also it wasn't them who decided that their own company should hire them after English testing. They just saw the job opening, applied and now are making a living like the rest of us. In case of language barrier, like SKG said, just hang up politely and address the company itself.

In my own experience, 90% of them were understanding but some probably thought people outside US are inferior beings who are not worth talking to. Karens were on a daily basis for me LOL.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: