Life After Death

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I’ve been wondering about this for a while. Back in my early and mid twenties I became a Christian again because of traumatic experiences I was going through at the time. I had resolved them in my late twenties and I had sort of forgotten about my past trauma.

I would now consider myself an Agnostic Christian as opposed to an Agnostic Atheist like I was before going through trauma. When I was fully Christian I believed that the existence of good and evil was what shaped my belief system, but now I think I just want more answers, like what really happens after you die.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Wellllllllllllllll.... there's only one way to find out (and hopefully you don't for at least another 50 years).

From a Christian viewpoint we can be certain of a few things:
- we (who choose to follow Jesus) spend eternity with God in an unimaginable place with no pain or sadness
- we will be given perfect bodies that should reflect our "peak"
- we have done absolutely nothing to deserve heaven

From a Christian perspective, this site will probably answer just about any question you have on the topic (or any others for that matter)

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Thank you for providing me with that article. I want to find the answers in The Bible itself.

I believe Jesus Christ actually existed because many historians and scholars believe he did as well. So I would still consider myself a Christian but with struggles regarding my faith.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Thank you for providing me with that article. I want to find the answers in The Bible itself.
This site is a perfect tool. If you have a question, they have a biblical answer for it. :)
I believe Jesus Christ actually existed because many historians and scholars believe he did as well.
The notion that Jesus never existed (regardless of how you feel about His divinity and actions) is based off foolishness. Not a single scholar who denies Jesus's existence is taken seriously.
So I would still consider myself a Christian but with struggles regarding my faith.
That's a normal stage to be in, as hard as it is. Definitely hit me up if you have any questions or want to talk through anything. You should certainly make a point of talking it over with a pastor or someone who can help with the difficult questions and provide good counsel.

Reactions: Yoshi

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Wellllllllllllllll.... there's only one way to find out (and hopefully you don't for at least another 50 years).

From a Christian viewpoint we can be certain of a few things:
- we (who choose to follow Jesus) spend eternity with God in an unimaginable place with no pain or sadness
- we will be given perfect bodies that should reflect our "peak"
- we have done absolutely nothing to deserve heaven

From a Christian perspective, this site will probably answer just about any question you have on the topic (or any others for that matter)
Wasnt it that after the world gets destroyed in armagedon Everyone else gets send to heaven?
And i mean humanity seems to die out soon sooooo!

BTW I was Christian until life continusly dealt me bad hands (Although im a bit slothful) Now im sorta a Atheist (Although i think there is Something supernatural going on like reeincarnation or something!)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Wasnt it that after the world gets destroyed in armagedon Everyone else gets send to heaven?
And i mean humanity seems to die out soon sooooo!
That's a whole other theological can of worms, and is a couple of different concepts you're getting mixed together. So in terms of dying:
- the short version of what is agreed upon is you will come face-to-face with God; if you profess to follow Jesus in life, then you are accepted no matter what you've done (as long as there is sincere repentence... you can't just be evil and then try and pull a fast one on God with a loophole)
- there's a school of thought that when we die, we sort of stay in that lack of consciousness until Judgement Day when everyone gives an account before God and then we go to heaven or hell

You're probably partly thinking of the end times which, again is a whole mess of theological worms:
- there's some school of thought that there will be a Rapture, in which all Christians will be taken to heaven at once, and everyone else will be left on Earth to deal with trials, tribulations and Armaggeddon (the biblical evidence for this is pretty weak, and largely popularised by the Left Behind series)
- there will be an "end of world" one day; in which God will then recreate heaven and earth
BTW I was Christian until life continusly dealt me bad hands (Although im a bit slothful) Now im sorta a Atheist (Although i think there is Something supernatural going on like reeincarnation or something!)
Sorry to hear that. Life is pretty tough and it can be really hard to see God in all of it. Believe me; I went through some of the worst crap imaginable about 7 years ago, and there's still a lot of damage from that.

For what it's worth, God is always patiently waiting for you, if you do decide to give Him another go. That's one of the reasons Jesus told the parable of the Prodigal Son. :)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
@Giga Hertz what does Jesus say about the afterlife?
First and foremost, Jesus says that the only way to God is through Him (John 14:6). The ideas of "just be a good person" (spoiler: no one is good (Romans 3)) or "all paths lead to God" are completely antithetical to what Jesus Himself says. Jesus even outright said:
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter." (Matthew 7:21)

Earlier in that same sermon (this is the Sermon on the Mount, so these are all minutes apart in the same talk), He said
“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

There's a lot to unpack, and I urge you to look at gotquestions.org, but Jesus's teachings are definitely the solid starting point of "what are my options after life?" and "how do I get there?"
"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” (Matthew 7:24-27)

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: