MeWe & Parler

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I see Beerus has an account on Parler. I decided to follow her there.

Anyone else decided to check these new social media websites out? MeWe is supposed to replace Facebook in the future, and Parler is supposed to replace Twitter.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I never heard of MeWe but I am not a Facebook user. I did enjoy Twitter before it went insane. More people are joining Parlor as well. I see gaming fans, anime fans, etc. so it is good to see.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Nope, I've given up on social media, so I've not bothered signing up for any. I have a Mastodon account still, a twitter I don't use, and a facebook that people use to message me on my bday. Other than that, I'm out of that realm altogether.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Nope, I've given up on social media, so I've not bothered signing up for any. I have a Mastodon account still, a twitter I don't use, and a facebook that people use to message me on my bday. Other than that, I'm out of that realm altogether.
I honestly just want to be part of the destruction of Facebook and Twitter at this point for what they did to people. No single platform should have the amount of power either one of those do. I completely understand not wanting anything to do with social media. It kind of ruined us as people or at least made us worse.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I honestly just want to be part of the destruction of Facebook and Twitter at this point for what they did to people. No single platform should have the amount of power either one of those do. I completely understand not wanting anything to do with social media. It kind of ruined us as people or at least made us worse.
I get that, absolutely! The way the internet just completely centralized around these platforms was terrifying to witness, and the data they gather and make use of...it's just ridiculous how easily people offered it up to them...insanity...I won't partake in that ever again, but I will take joy in their downfall.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I get that, absolutely! The way the internet just completely centralized around these platforms was terrifying to witness, and the data they gather and make use of...it's just ridiculous how easily people offered it up to them...insanity...I won't partake in that ever again, but I will take joy in their downfall.
It is amazing how fast things moved too. I remember signing up for Twitter in 2007 thinking "what is this crap?" and I deleted my account only to make another in 2011. I mean it is useful for getting help from companies right away as if you have a bad order or something but outside of that, I had no use for it anymore. Took me a while but I wiped my account clean and logged out. I still have the DBF one up but haven't signed into it in a long time no reason to.

Facebook I signed up for in 2009 because my cousin pressured me to. I ended up deleting it after like 3 or 4 months. I thought it was stupid and never went back. lol

It seems like since 2012, things for both sites have went downhill. It became mainstream so everyone and their mother (quite literally) were on these platforms. A bunch of people with different ideas and world-views coming together on one platform with little to no online socializing skills... Sounds like we should have seen this coming.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It is amazing how fast things moved too. I remember signing up for Twitter in 2007 thinking "what is this crap?" and I deleted my account only to make another in 2011. I mean it is useful for getting help from companies right away as if you have a bad order or something but outside of that, I had no use for it anymore. Took me a while but I wiped my account clean and logged out. I still have the DBF one up but haven't signed into it in a long time no reason to.

Facebook I signed up for in 2009 because my cousin pressured me to. I ended up deleting it after like 3 or 4 months. I thought it was stupid and never went back. lol

It seems like since 2012, things for both sites have went downhill. It became mainstream so everyone and their mother (quite literally) were on these platforms. A bunch of people with different ideas and world-views coming together on one platform with little to no online socializing skills... Sounds like we should have seen this coming.
Yep, would have been great if people had to go through some form of nettiquette course or something before they were allowed to register for social media, and no one (NO ONE) under the age of 18 was allowed to join, to stop them being perv heaven. People just jumping on and spouting whatever to whomever absolutely ruined things for social media, and eventually for greater society. Such a rapid spiral, too! People started growing up thinking they could say and do whatever they want because that's how it is online, so people in their offline lives became these walking cliches of vitriol and outrage (FUCKING OUTRAGE CULTURE. FUCK ALL YOU SNOWFLAKES!).

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yep, would have been great if people had to go through some form of nettiquette course or something before they were allowed to register for social media, and no one (NO ONE) under the age of 18 was allowed to join, to stop them being perv heaven. People just jumping on and spouting whatever to whomever absolutely ruined things for social media, and eventually for greater society. Such a rapid spiral, too! People started growing up thinking they could say and do whatever they want because that's how it is online, so people in their offline lives became these walking cliches of vitriol and outrage (FUCKING OUTRAGE CULTURE. FUCK ALL YOU SNOWFLAKES!).
Yup. I think Mike Tyson said something about it. Like people got too comfortable saying whatever they wanted without getting punched in the face. Something along those lines.

And I agree. You should be 18+ to be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and even TikTok. There are 12 to 17-year-old girls on that platform dancing like sluts. What do you think that attracts?

I am sick of the whole overly sensitive culture, PC police, white knight bullshit too.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yup. I think Mike Tyson said something about it. Like people got too comfortable saying whatever they wanted without getting punched in the face. Something along those lines.

And I agree. You should be 18+ to be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and even TikTok. There are 12 to 17-year-old girls on that platform dancing like sluts. What do you think that attracts?

I am sick of the whole overly sensitive culture, PC police, white knight bullshit too.

...we just found the new role in life for Butterbean! Anytime someone gets too complacent with what they're saying, he socks them square in the face to knock them down a peg (...and also out...)

100% true. Those girls dancing around like that, showing off what they're still working on getting or maybe even haven't got yet...it's only attracting pervs, and while that might make them feel like they're grown up and older, getting attention from older guys, it's only going to end one way, and it's not pretty.

Yeah, outrage culture is just stupid at this point. OMG! You said something horrible 10 years ago! RABBLE!

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
...we just found the new role in life for Butterbean! Anytime someone gets too complacent with what they're saying, he socks them square in the face to knock them down a peg (...and also out...)

100% true. Those girls dancing around like that, showing off what they're still working on getting or maybe even haven't got yet...it's only attracting pervs, and while that might make them feel like they're grown up and older, getting attention from older guys, it's only going to end one way, and it's not pretty.

Yeah, outrage culture is just stupid at this point. OMG! You said something horrible 10 years ago! RABBLE!

We need to have people who care about protecting children in power so big tech is forced by law not to allow children on those platforms. It is bad enough kids grow up having to deal with school being a mess but not they can't escape it. I can't imagine being a kid growing up right now. Between the virus, social media, and the pressure to be perfect... I'd snap.

I feel like if businesses stop listening to these outrage groups, everything will swing away from them. They are given too much power. They are just babies crying online.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
We need to have people who care about protecting children in power so big tech is forced by law not to allow children on those platforms. It is bad enough kids grow up having to deal with school being a mess but not they can't escape it. I can't imagine being a kid growing up right now. Between the virus, social media, and the pressure to be perfect... I'd snap.

I feel like if businesses stop listening to these outrage groups, everything will swing away from them. They are given too much power. They are just babies crying online.
Agreed on both points. Kids today shouldn't be exposed to the wider world that social media opens them up to, and it does absolutely give the bullies even more range to go after people, because they can then do it in the privacy and anonymity of their own home. Kids their own age are cruel as hell about stupid details, adults that talk to them are either family or monsters, and we've reached the point in society where these platforms have been given so much power and persuasion over us that those kids can't escape because all they know of the internet is social media and those very same vicious circles they get themselves stuck in.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed on both points. Kids today shouldn't be exposed to the wider world that social media opens them up to, and it does absolutely give the bullies even more range to go after people, because they can then do it in the privacy and anonymity of their own home. Kids their own age are cruel as hell about stupid details, adults that talk to them are either family or monsters, and we've reached the point in society where these platforms have been given so much power and persuasion over us that those kids can't escape because all they know of the internet is social media and those very same vicious circles they get themselves stuck in.
That saddest part is that if parents outright ban their kids from using these sites, they either sneak on them anyway or they don't and face being ridiculed behind their backs by other kids in school. It is sick. Remember the Snapchat stuff not too long ago where young girls had topless pictures spread all over school? Sick stuff. Teens are not sensible enough to be on sites like this.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That saddest part is that if parents outright ban their kids from using these sites, they either sneak on them anyway or they don't and face being ridiculed behind their backs by other kids in school. It is sick. Remember the Snapchat stuff not too long ago where young girls had topless pictures spread all over school? Sick stuff. Teens are not sensible enough to be on sites like this.
Yeah, there has to be some sort of policing about social media as a whole, even if it means moderating all content (even private) of those under the age of 18 or adding in a family system, where those under 18 must be linked to a parent or guardian account who has access to everything. If they're going to use the platforms, and they really shouldn't, then they need to be watched.

Yep, it's pretty sad that #1 girls that young are taking topless pics of themselves, presumably for sexting purposes, and #2 that they don't realize the guys they're sending them to are about mentally 6 years old and will absolutely show it off to anyone and everyone they can, because "dude, look what I've got!!!"

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Go to your corner for that awful joke.

giphy.gif

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what: