Moving On From Nintendo…

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I am not a fan of Nintendo’s activity during the Switch era, whether it be not making Odyssey 2 and instead releasing a baby game like Wonder, changing up the Zelda formula and being pigheaded about their refusal to change it, or the Pokémon games on the Switch being so bad that they’re comparable to Sonic 2006 or Sonic Boom. Not to mention Nintendo Switch Online being pathetic as well as expensive.

Because of all of this, I have sold my Switch, although I still own every preceding Nintendo Console if you count backwards compatible consoles like the Wii U, 3DS, and Gameboy Advance in place of the Wii, DS, and Gameboy Color/Gameboy, minus the NES and SNES.

So I was wondering if I should get into PlayStation or Xbox in the future. I don’t have a job at the moment, but if I get one I was wondering what games I should get into. Any ideas?

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I'll tackle this one by one...
I am not a fan of Nintendo’s activity during the Switch era, whether it be not making Odyssey 2 and instead releasing a baby game like Wonder, changing up the Zelda formula and being pigheaded about their refusal to change it, or the Pokémon games on the Switch being so bad that they’re comparable to Sonic 2006 or Sonic Boom. Not to mention Nintendo Switch Online being pathetic as well as expensive.
1. Zelda BOTW & ToTK are great games, but I do want the old style Zelda games, and I want it back. TOTK was a step in the right direction, but still not enough. I really love the epic dungeons.
2. NSO is not the only service with high prices. If you thought NSO was expensive, go find Xbox Game Pass or the new PlayStation Plus. You'll open your eyes. NSO is cheap for what Nintendo is offering. Nintendo is trying to sanitize people into thinking its a great offer untill they jack the prices. So be grateful.
Because of all of this, I have sold my Switch, although I still own every preceding Nintendo Console if you count backwards compatible consoles like the Wii U, 3DS, and Gameboy Advance in place of the Wii, DS, and Gameboy Color/Gameboy, minus the NES and SNES.

So I was wondering if I should get into PlayStation or Xbox in the future. I don’t have a job at the moment, but if I get one I was wondering what games I should get into. Any ideas?
My straight opinion is PlayStation.

But... WHAT game are you looking for?

Zelda? Horizon Zero Dawn series.
Mario? There WAS Crash, but its no longer a second party game.
Pokémon? There's Palworld, but that's a PC game and there's a version on Game Pass..

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
I bought a PS5 explicitly for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (16 was a bonus), Spider-Man 2 and Kingdom Hearts 4. All of which will likely find their way to PC in 1-3 years.

Anything else I'm mildly interested in on PS is also coming out on PC or X Box.

If you just want a gaming system and don't have any fondness of particular exclusives, I'd just invest in a decent PC.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
My straight opinion is PlayStation.

But... WHAT game are you looking for?
I would honestly have to say games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc. I love platforming games in general. I might look into some Capcom and Ubisoft video games outside of Megaman and Rayman which I’m also getting into at the moment, like Resident Evil, Assassin’s Creed, Monster Hunter, etc.

There’s nothing that can really replace Zelda or Pokémon for me personally.

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I bought a PS5 explicitly for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (16 was a bonus), Spider-Man 2 and Kingdom Hearts 4. All of which will likely find their way to PC in 1-3 years.
I bought the PlayStation 5 for a similar reason.

Final Fantasy XVI was the first game in my PS5 collection besides CoD: Modern Warfare III.

I also own Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. What's wild is, there's a Final Fantasy VII Remake upgrade path, it works exceedingly well. Just find the download on PS5, confirm, and put in the PS4 game disc. You don't even need to install the data disc. WTF. I don't understand why most companies don't use this underrated cross-gen upgrade. This would've eliminated most cross-gen confusion.
I would honestly have to say games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc. I love platforming games in general.
Then PlayStation 5 is for you. I remiss if i don't mention it though: Crash and Spyro are up in the air. They're Activision properties, but Toys for Bob is now independent. Microsoft owns Activision now, and whether they want to admit it or not, Toys for Bob is owned by Microsoft.
I might look into some Capcom and Ubisoft video games outside of Megaman and Rayman which I’m also getting into at the moment, like Resident Evil, Assassin’s Creed, Monster Hunter, etc.

There’s nothing that can really replace Zelda or Pokémon for me personally.
Capcom games are recommended. Yes.
UbiSoft...? Not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshi

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
How accessible does Sony make their old games on the PlayStation 5?
Oh, ya have PS4 discs layin' around? Pop it in, it will play just fine. I mentioned Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5 via PS4 disc. That's just one of the ways you can play PS4 games.

Reactions: Yoshi

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4

Calling MArio Wonder a "baby GAme" Is incredibly insulting considering we didnt get a new 2d mario for: 7 Years!
Yeah the Zelda Fromula bit is incredibly dumb although my solution of continuing the classic Zelda Formula in 2d (Objectivly the best choice) isnt for you!
Also Eji Anouma will probably retire soon so his issues like links design change and the refusal to make new Classic zelda might not be an issue!
And The pokemon games are made by gamefreak who always was an incompetent developer!

No get a good PC and keep buying nintendo stuff you like you get the most games that way!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Calling MArio Wonder a "baby GAme" Is incredibly insulting considering we didnt get a new 2d mario for: 7 Years!
Yeah the Zelda Fromula bit is incredibly dumb although my solution of continuing the classic Zelda Formula in 2d (Objectivly the best choice) isnt for you!
Also Eji Anouma will probably retire soon so his issues like links design change and the refusal to make new Classic zelda might not be an issue!
And The pokemon games are made by gamefreak who always was an incompetent developer!

No get a good PC and keep buying nintendo stuff you like you get the most games that way!
Wonder is undoubtedly better than the New Super Mario Bros games, and even the NES classics and the SNES classics, as well as the Super Mario Land games, but Odyssey is the only open world Mario game and the only 3D Mario games that follow its sandbox style to a lesser extent are 64 and Sunshine. The Galaxy games and especially 3D Land and 3D World are too linear by comparison. I would have much preferred Odyssey 2 over Wonder considering.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Wonder is undoubtedly better than the New Super Mario Bros games, and even the NES classics and the SNES classics, as well as the Super Mario Land games, but Odyssey is the only open world Mario game and the only 3D Mario games that follow its sandbox style to a lesser extent are 64 and Sunshine. The Galaxy games and especially 3D Land and 3D World are too linear by comparison. I would have much preferred Odyssey 2 over Wonder considering.
But ignoring the origins of a franchise is always bad if you want only dysey style games and say the 2d one are much worse than you have no ground to stand on regarding your zelda argument!
Modern style and Classic style/ 2d and 3d should coexist!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: