My Debate Closer Memes

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Do you debate and argue a lot on the interwebs? Do people often pull the most annoying tactics or use the most egregious fallacies?

Well, I got memes for lots of those moments.

"Laugh React Lime"
ZomboMeme 02052020030257.jpg

For when you make a very well-thought out response on Facebook and all you get from the person you're talking to is a laugh react.

It happens a lot and it's nice to have a meme-quip for it.

"Achilles Flex"
serveimage (17).jpeg

Ever verbally wrestle multiple opponents into a submissive silence, but that's not good enough?

Flex with this one.

"TL;DR = Weak Opinion Jim Carey"
3losom~2.jpg

We've all seen the TL;DR defense. Isn't it nice to have a meme that punches them in the mouth for it?

"That's all you got to say SLJ"
3kk30y~2.jpg

Ever make an argument worthy of a rebuttal, but all you get is a meme, GIF, one-liner, a Thought-Terminating Cliche, or even silence?

Hit 'em over the head with this one.

"Lebowski Meme is a Fallacy"
3kk3l5.jpg

The "Well that's just your opinion" quip is a Thought-Terminating Cliche fallacy, but explaining that to idiots isn't easy.

Just use this meme.

"OK Boomer is childish"
3k6z4q~2.jpg

I'm a "Xennial" and I think OK Boomer is an immature display of douchebaggery.

Using this meme gets that point across pretty well.

"The Exceptions are Coming"
37rzp9~2.jpg

Ever make a legitimate generalization, but you just know some cuck is going to start rattling off outliers and exceptions as if that weakens the point you're making.

Getting ahead with this meme will generate more ammunition and sometimes even deters.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I can't say I debate or argue much at all online. I avoid it when possible and if I can't, I shut it down quickly. Not everyone is going to agree on the same things or have the same world view and you gotta be willing to accept that. At least, that is what I learned as I got older.
I still have my opinions, but I keep those to myself. :bulmatea:

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I can't say I debate or argue much at all online. I avoid it when possible and if I can't, I shut it down quickly. Not everyone is going to agree on the same things or have the same world view and you gotta be willing to accept that. At least, that is what I learned as I got older.
I still have my opinions, but I keep those to myself. :bulmatea:

I feel like that's a way of turning a blind eyes to society's problems.

I can't just sit idly by while dangerous ideologies shape the social landscape of the world my daughter will grow into.

As a singular voice, I can only hope to do so much. It's true, but let's think about one of my favorite quotes.

"Why do we fear traveling back in time to the past so that such a small change can't have too big an impact, yet we act like there's so little we can do to shape the future as individuals?"

The more effort I put into influencing the intellectual path of society, the bigger the positive ripple effect I will cause over generations.

And it's not just about the growth of everyone else. I participate in vigorous discourse so that I can grow and learn.

Most people wont divulge enough to learn anything from them, or the most from them, unless you question them, pressure them, and challenge them.

I'm not just some dickhead who goes around contradicting others for the sake of feeling superior. I want them to teach me as much as I hope I teach them.

I actually get excited when I encounter someone I disagree with that can actually challenge me and make me question my position.

I see being proven wrong as sort of an intellectual Zenkai. I don't just get upset, I learn from it and grow from it. Then I come back more intellectually powerful.

All of that said, I will continue my growth and I will continue to teach others as well. I feel it is my duty towards my legacy to offer this world something, since a great work is not in the cards for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I feel like that's a way of turning a blind eyes to society's problems.

I can't just sit idly by while dangerous ideologies shape the social landscape of the world my daughter will grow into.

As a singular voice, I can only hope to do so much. It's true, but let's think about one of my favorite quotes.

"Why do we fear traveling back in time to the past so that such a small change can't have too big an impact, yet we act like there's so little we can do to shape the future as individuals?"

The more effort I put into influencing the intellectual path of society, the bigger the positive ripple effect I will cause over generations.

And it's not just about the growth of everyone else. I participate in vigorous discourse so that I can grow and learn.

Most people wont divulge enough to learn anything from them, or the most from them, unless you question them, pressure them, and challenge them.

I'm not just some dickhead who goes around contradicting others for the sake of feeling superior. I want them to teach me as much as I hope I teach them.

I actually get excited when I encounter someone I disagree with that can actually challenge me and make me question my position.

I see being proven wrong as sort of an intellectual Zenkai. I don't just get upset, I learn from it and grow from it. Then I come back more intellectually powerful.

All of that said, I will continue my growth and I will continue to teach others as well. I feel it is my duty towards my legacy to offer this world something, since a great work is not in the cards for me.
Arguing and debating online does little to nothing though unless it is a powerful/popular figure you are debating with. You gotta do it in person where it counts. I get what you are saying and understand your stance as a father wanting the world to be better for your daughter. There is a lot in today's society that not only ignores logic but science itself and it baffles me.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Arguing and debating online does little to nothing

I disagree. Changing one persons mind about even one little thing is bigger than you realize.

I know it can be done. I'm one who has changed myself and I'm certain that in my over 10 years of rigorous debate, I have changed a mind or two here and there.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: