Notable differences between the anime and manga

scoutterSSJ

Saiyan Grunt
End of the Cell Games...dang, the feel good moments that the anime added with the other Z Fighters helping Gohan and then finally Vegeta...all never happened, with exception to Vegeta giving one good blast. I did like the feel-good moments in the anime, however, this made Gohan seem even stronger because it was only one little distraction blast from Vegeta and then Gohan let it all rip.
In fact it's the opposite. In the anime Cell struggles against Gohan, while in the manga he is always much superior to him.
There's no struggle there since Gohan's power is half of what it was and Cell immediately sees that there's no purpose in making the fight any longer but gets distracted by Vegeta and then killed by Gohan's surprise atack.

In the anime while Cell endures the z-warrior's attacks (which should be nothing to him), he has difficulties countering Gohan's efforts, and even when in the end it's also made clear that he could still increase his power more, the constant power ups from him and Gohan kills that sense of Cell being clearly above him.

Regards!

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
In fact it's the opposite. In the anime Cell struggles against Gohan, while in the manga he is always much superior to him.
There's no struggle there since Gohan's power is half of what it was and Cell immediately sees that there's no purpose in making the fight any longer but gets distracted by Vegeta and then killed by Gohan's surprise atack.

In the anime while Cell endures the z-warrior's attacks (which should be nothing to him), he has difficulties countering Gohan's efforts, and even when in the end it's also made clear that he could still increase his power more, the constant power ups from him and Gohan kills that sense of Cell being clearly above him.

Regards!
Not how I perceived it after just finishing that part of the manga. Gohan was clearly holding back and could have easily wiped out Cell.

scoutterSSJ

Saiyan Grunt
Not how I perceived it after just finishing that part of the manga. Gohan was clearly holding back and could have easily wiped out Cell.
In the manga Gohan never manages to counter Cell's kame-hame like in the anime (where Cell's kamehame gains ground against Gohan's and then Gohan regains it, and that happens multiple times), and Cell is laughting at him during the 2-3 pages the kamehame ha clash lasts.
I mean, why do you think in the manga Gohan was holding back more than in the anime? In the manga he only had strength to last an instant, while in the anime he had strength to last much more all while increasing the strength of his kamehame multiple times as well.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
So, I just started Super. There is a lot of missing details that the anime provided. They skipped the whole Golden Frieza thing, only mentioning the battle happened. Honestly, it seems quite rushed and lazy. Plus, Toriyama didn't draw it - had had someone else do it.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
So, I just started Super. There is a lot of missing details that the anime provided. They skipped the whole Golden Frieza thing, only mentioning the battle happened. Honestly, it seems quite rushed and lazy. Plus, Toriyama didn't draw it - had had someone else do it.
Toyotaro gets a lot better as the manga goes on. Keep your expectations realistic about him not being Toriyama and you’ll enjoy it more.

I like how the manga skips the movies, I don’t need a retelling of a story I watched in 60-90 mins. Then have the anime stretch it out to almost 4 hours worth is ludicrous.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Toyotaro gets a lot better as the manga goes on. Keep your expectations realistic about him not being Toriyama and you’ll enjoy it more.
I'm not upset about it...it looks fine to me. Was just a little surprised.

I like how the manga skips the movies, I don’t need a retelling of a story I watched in 60-90 mins. Then have the anime stretch it out to almost 4 hours worth is ludicrous.
I think they could have provided a little more context. I know everyone probably watches the anime, but for anyone who doesn't, they are missing some important details.

scoutterSSJ

Saiyan Grunt
[B][USER=21]LividJay[/USER][/B] said:
I think they could have provided a little more context. I know everyone probably watches the anime, but for anyone who doesn't, they are missing some important details.
Well, the manga started as a by-product to promote the anime, it's just that it became successful enough and Toriyama invested enough in it that it has turned to be the real canon of DBSuper.
The first two movies would've been completely skyped if it wasn't because Toriyama wanted to retcon how the SSJGod form works. In the movies (and the anime until the ToP) the form got absorbed into the base state.
In the manga, the form becomes available to Goku but his base state, despite getting stronger, it's still well below any SSJ form (which remain as in Z for Goku).

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: