Others in the community

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
So, I'd like to share some thoughts and involve others in the discussion/shit storm I'm about to start. I've been decently active in the Dragon Ball community for the better part of a year now and I've met a few content creators and other artists some of you may know by name. I'm not going to name any names or throw anyone under the bus, its not my style to do so. It has generally been my experience that others in our community aren't as friendly as they outwardly appear. I tend to be a polite and well mannered individual who is eager to listen, learn, discuss, and debate all manner of things. I've even reached out to a few of these folks who are more experienced than I in the content creation game, asking for advice or even been willing to put myself out there in hopes they would be willing to collaborate ideas. Currently, I have a .000 batting average in that arena. Maybe I need to become more well known or just mind my own business all together.

One thing is for sure, all the folks here on this forum have been the most positive, welcoming, and all around nicest people in the Dragon Ball community I've encountered thus far. For that I extend my thanks.

Has anyone had any similar experiences to mine? Any opinions on my actions I've taken thus far? I'd love to hear about it.
:go3:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It has generally been my experience that others in our community aren't as friendly as they outwardly appear.
:fiteme:

LOL I am not sure who you are referring to but outside of this forum, I have known some people online who can be, not unfriendly but not as welcoming I guess you can say. It is hard to judge things and people online unless you really know someone though. Like humor is a major one that I find causes conflict online because not everyone finds the same things funny. I mean I have had first time conflicts with people and now I consider them friends.

And I am happy you have felt welcomed here. I didn't know the Dragon Ball community has had issues on other forums as I have never been a part of them to really see it.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
:fiteme:

LOL I am not sure who you are referring to but outside of this forum, I have known some people online who can be, not unfriendly but not as welcoming I guess you can say. It is hard to judge things and people online unless you really know someone though. Like humor is a major one that I find causes conflict online because not everyone finds the same things funny. I mean I have had first time conflicts with people and now I consider them friends.

And I am happy you have felt welcomed here. I didn't know the Dragon Ball community has had issues on other forums as I have never been a part of them to really see it.

To clarify, I've not had any other dealings with forums or groups. My circumstances stem solely from interactions with individual people on a case by case basis. Some of them are pretty well known. While no one was outright mean, some of their actions were a bit off-putting. Others just ignore you even if you try to introduce yourself and be courteous. I've had more positive interactions with actual celebrities who do television and film who were nothing but the nicest people you can possibly imagine. Some online "celebrities" act like their doo doo doesn't stink.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
To clarify, I've not had any other dealings with forums or groups. My circumstances stem solely from interactions with individual people on a case by case basis. Some of them are pretty well known. While no one was outright mean, some of their actions were a bit off-putting. Others just ignore you even if you try to introduce yourself and be courteous. I've had more positive interactions with actual celebrities who do television and film who were nothing but the nicest people you can possibly imagine. Some online "celebrities" act like their doo doo doesn't stink.
Online celebs who are younger tend to not know how to humble themselves as they haven't been well known long enough.
And I get what you mean now, I thought I was going to have to hakai some beaches off the forum. :deal:

• Funny
Reactions: India Actual

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I have a long history on DBZ forums. You basically have to be cool or belong to a certain clique if you want to be popular. That kind of thing was fun when I was younger, but I would rather hang out with genuine people now like on this forum.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'll make you guys a promise. If I ever make something of myself with my story or ever get around to publishing it as a comic, I'll stay cool and remember that it all started here. Plus, I'm never going to be a moody artist who hates on themselves and gives up on their projects. That crap drives me crazy. It's like you have thousands if not tens of thousands of people who follow your work and you're going to quit because you're not feeling it? Gimme a break. "Artists." SMH. Want to know what adversity is like? Work 12 hours where you have to tackle another human being to the ground and wrestle them like you're having sex on the beach, come home and try to mentally unwind while spending time with your spouse over dinner, and then if you can someone find the motivation to unravel your thoughts, go create content or even manage to put your thoughts onto paper.

Reactions: Beerus

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
To go into detail, I actually got backstabbed (multiple times) on DBZ forums outside of this one. This one doesn't have any drama on it at all, so it's a pleasant change.

Last edited:
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: