Dragon Ball Proof kid Goku didn't have a power-level of ten at the beginning of Dragon Ball?

Yasai

Saiyan Grunt
For the longest time ever, people have been under the belief that Son Goku had a power-level of ten at the beginning of Dragon Ball because of a power-level guide of sorts. And at the time, it was believable because of the fact that a power-level of ten is twice as strong as five, which is two times the strength of a full grown overweight farmer.

Being twice as strong as someone is overkill in Dragon Ball but the fact of the matter is that Goku is more than likely way stronger at the beginning of Dragon Ball.

In the image up above, Son Gohan comments on Goku's strength. He tells Kakarot that he is unbelievably strong for his size and says it would have been dangerous for him if he was not a martial arts expert. This in itself is implying that a three year old Goku would have been capable of fatally wounding or possibly even killing a full grown adult human.

To give you some perspective, a full grown adult overweight farmer has a power-level of 5. This is a working person who is still obviously out of shape and smoking cigarettes. And given his power-level, he obviously doesn't have any fighting experience. For a three year old child to easily handle a grown man like that implies that Goku's power-level at three is greater than 5.

Not only that, but if you look closely at the image, Gohan has tears on his clothing and marks on his face that indicate possible punches, kicks or scratches. He had trouble handling Goku until he either eventually overpowered him due to his fighting skill or used Goku's weakness (his tail) against him.

And there are other things we must take into account:

. This was before Son Goku bumped his head.

After such a big blow at his age, it is likely he received a little boost in power due to a successful recovery.

2. Gohan trained Goku for a while.

It takes years for people to be able to learn how to fight properly; throwing punches with perfect form and knowing how to control their might. Since fighting comes naturally to Saiyans, it would have been relatively easy for Goku to learn how to fight from Gohan, perhaps months all up to a couple years. This gives Goku time to grow even stronger.

And we also know that Son Gohan warns Goku of not looking at the full moon. This means that Gohan already had experience with the Oozaru form and survived it. So already knowing for a fact that a three year old Goku's power-level is far surpassed five, this means that Gohan's power-level undoubtedly ranges somewhere in the 100s, especially since he was capable of managing Goku when he managed to transform the first time. And since Gohan is in the hundreds, Kid Goku right at Gohan's death at least has a power-level of ten, meaning that Goku is stronger than a PL of 10 at the beginning of Dragon Ball since he continues to hone his skills and is very active surviving in the mountains.

This helps me realize that if Goku truly had been sent to eradicate all life on Earth, he would have actually been able to do so easily simply due to the fact that he would continue to get stronger as a growing boy, especially if he were to use the full moon every single chance he got.

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I never put thought into this myself but everything you mentioned makes sense. He was clearly very powerful from the start given that his end goal (or at least the end goal of the Saiyans) was for him to get rid of everyone on earth. I believe they normally send multiple Saiyans per planet as well but they only sent Goku to earth which means they either believed earth to be THAT weak, Goku to be that strong, or both.

Yasai

Saiyan Grunt
I never put thought into this myself but everything you mentioned makes sense. He was clearly very powerful from the start given that his end goal (or at least the end goal of the Saiyans) was for him to get rid of everyone on earth. I believe they normally send multiple Saiyans per planet as well but they only sent Goku to earth which means they either believed earth to be THAT weak, Goku to be that strong, or both.

If we're being real here, Kakarot was never meant to conquer Earth, but I know exactly what you mean. You know what's also cool? It's something Jako mentioned in Ginga Patrol Jako. Infiltration children that are sent to conquer worlds can trick and deceive their victims because Saiyans age slowly and because of their small stature, can really get over on the people they are conquering.

But if Kakarot were really meant to conquer Earth, I believe he would have done so effortlessly.

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
It's interesting that Raditz thinks Goku was sent to conquer Earth and that with the full moon it'd have been easy work for him, also stated by him. But when he reads another inhabitant's battle power of 322 he doesn't bat an eye... and he should as if Goku had initially a battle power of 2 and let's say he could scratch the 100s mark later on, he'd be eradicated by such a 322 being.

As for the thread, those are good reasons and worthy being considered, but I find the 10 battle power to beginning of the series Goku as necessary if one wants to fit the Pre-Z characters into the tight 10~416 range we were given, which a number that low would make more plausible.

For the last point though, we are given no indication as for Son Gohan's battle power. I personally have in the 30s territory and he was killed by Oozaru Goku, so it can be concluded Oozaru's Goku with his 100 or less battle power was too much for Grandpa Gohan.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: