Dragon Ball Super So let's talk a little more about Ultra Instinct

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I had just finished the last volume of Super that is currently available, which ends off near the end of the ToP. First, I want to comment on how different it was from watching the anime - at least from my memory. At one point, Muten Roshi stands his ground against Jiren. While Whis and Beerus are talking, they comment on how it was like a form of Ultra Instinct regarding the way he was moving. This lead to them mentioning that his years of experiencing and training and mastery of martial arts had contributed to that. Muten Roshi talks to Goku and reminds him what all of his masters have told him over the years regarding his movements and this eventually leads to Goku transforming into the form that utilizes Ultra Instinct.

With that said, everything we've seen/read so far indicates that anyone could potentially reach this, not just Saiyans. I'd really like to see folks like Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Krillin become relevant again. Some of the best aspects of the Dragon Ball universe has been their character development and I find the story really lacking at times with everything falling onto the Saiyans to handle.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Piccolo should get there. To me, given what he has been through, his intelligence, fighting skill, etc. I would think he would have reached it first but I know the main focus needs to be on Goku. Either way, I could see Piccolo reaching it before Vegeta (no hate, both are my favorite characters).

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Piccolo should get there. To me, given what he has been through, his intelligence, fighting skill, etc. I would think he would have reached it first but I know the main focus needs to be on Goku. Either way, I could see Piccolo reaching it before Vegeta (no hate, both are my favorite characters).
I think Piccolo would be an excellent candidate, partially because he reunited with the former God of Earth.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think Piccolo would be an excellent candidate, partially because he reunited with the former God of Earth.
Krillin and Tien should get some kind of boost as well, not sure what though. I mean Krillin was never OP but Tien was and it just sucks to see where he is as a character now.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Krillin and Tien should get some kind of boost as well, not sure what though. I mean Krillin was never OP but Tien was and it just sucks to see where he is as a character now.
I think it would be really cool if they created a transformation for humans. Like, something that would be ultra rare and only the the strongest of humans could ever achieve. Would make playing as humans in the video games more fun, too.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think it would be really cool if they created a transformation for humans. Like, something that would be ultra rare and only the the strongest of humans could ever achieve. Would make playing as humans in the video games more fun, too.
Tien's Four Witches Technique should have never fallen to the back burner. That made him more unique. But yeah, overall they don't have anything special. It'd be cool if something can be obtained or learned once you reach a certain skill or power level.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Tien's Four Witches Technique should have never fallen to the back burner. That made him more unique. But yeah, overall they don't have anything special. It'd be cool if something can be obtained or learned once you reach a certain skill or power level.
I was always bored with "Unlock Potential", which didn't really do anything but a minor power boost in the games. Definitely need something for hyoo-MANS!

Neo Xeron

Saiyan Grunt
I think it would be cool seeing Piccolo become relevant again but through another means than Ultra Instinct, but what else can be done w/ Human and Namekian characters at this point? They lack transformations and their planet history has pretty much already been explored and their story is exhausted. I guess this could be elaborated upon like with the Saiyans and the SSG. I think I'd rather see more character development of Frieza. He's a highly used character, sure, but there's so much that could be done for him. He can obtain more transformations, family members could return, he could get Destruction Energy, he could learn his own ultra instinct (Silver Frieza lol), etc. Not saying these are all realistic but you get it, there's a lot of room for growth.

I have a feeling the DBS trend of introducing new strong friends and foes will continue and the original characters will remain on the back-burner.

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I think it would be cool seeing Piccolo become relevant again but through another means than Ultra Instinct, but what else can be done w/ Human and Namekian characters at this point? They lack transformations and their planet history has pretty much already been explored and their story is exhausted. I guess this could be elaborated upon like with the Saiyans and the SSG. I think I'd rather see more character development of Frieza. He's a highly used character, sure, but there's so much that could be done for him. He can obtain more transformations, family members could return, he could get Destruction Energy, he could learn his own ultra instinct (Silver Frieza lol), etc. Not saying these are all realistic but you get it, there's a lot of room for growth.

I have a feeling the DBS trend of introducing new strong friends and foes will continue and the original characters will remain on the back-burner.
I think it would be fine for them to introduce these transformations for humans and Namekians...I mean...we have never seen humans that strong before in the DB universe and I think Piccolo is by far the strongest Namekian now. If no one ever reached those heights before, it's plausible for a transformation to still exist.

Neo Xeron

Saiyan Grunt
I think it would be fine for them to introduce these transformations for humans and Namekians...I mean...we have never seen humans that strong before in the DB universe and I think Piccolo is by far the strongest Namekian now. If no one ever reached those heights before, it's plausible for a transformation to still exist.

I can see a transformation for Namekians, that would be cool. Not sure if anybody is familiar with Anime War but the creator made an awesome God transformation for Piccolo in that fan made series.

Reactions: LividJay

Boom

Saiyan Grunt
What do you mean by modification? Something like Kaio-ken?
Sorta. Other characters just seemed to "tap" into UI as opposed to being transformed by it. I would've preferred it more to something he uses in combat as opposed to, "THE NEXT LEVEL OF POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!"

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Sorta. Other characters just seemed to "tap" into UI as opposed to being transformed by it. I would've preferred it more to something he uses in combat as opposed to, "THE NEXT LEVEL OF POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!"
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that makes sense. I don't think it was ever meant to be a transformation, but a sort of state of awareness. Perhaps the others would have "transformed", too, if they had mastered it. I think they said even Beerus hadn't achieved it fully.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
My opinion of it is it is a state of being or very loosely described as a technique. Goku is in base form when he's using it. Any color change is for artistic reasons and to show his ki is different.

Reactions: LividJay
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: