Dragon Ball GT Super Saiyan 4 is what Super Saiyan should have looked.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Now, this may come as a surprise but I got into Dragon Ball through Dragon Ball GT, and yes I know how bad it is but still. Also, I couldn't think of a shorten name for a thread title, so...I apologise for that.

One of the biggest moments in GT was when we first saw Goku transform into Super Saiyan 4, and it is a look almost everyone remembers and likes as it is usually their favorite or in their top ten. After watching the series, again, I realized that SS4 should have been what Super Saiyan looks like compared to what it actually is, and should have been the base for the rest of them. Why do I say this for? Because if you look at Saiyans they have two distinct traits. They have tails and transform into giant freaking apes. Now, in my mind it would make sense that their more powered version would follow the same traits as you can look at SS4 and see that was the idea. Not only that, but Goku becomes more colder and a bit more "feral" you can say which fits with the theme of Saiyans way more than the other forms. I mean, SS3 and above are pretty much a joke to me, in my opinion. Plus, wouldn't you be more afraid of a Saiyan, remember Saiyans were/are a race that terrifying, looking like SS4 compared to the regular base...but with Gold Spiky hair or Blue or Pink? I know I would.

So yeah, that is my take and I know most won't agree, but this is something I have always thought of.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I have thought the same thing before. Like it is harnessing both the great ape and the base Saiyan forms.

One concept that I always liked was that Super Saiyan 4 wasn't really a "super" form but rather called something like "Primal Saiyan" or "Sayian Primal". It was its own thing apart from Super Saiyan and you could achieve "Super Saiyan Primal" after the fact. It would have given them more of a base to build off of.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Maybe upon Broly's reintroduction they'll do something with his Wrath form and turn it into a unique transformation. We'll have to wait and see. SSJ4 is the best looking form, I love it.
Dg09M3aW0AE4iLx.jpg

Reactions: Punkhead and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It is funny because the pinkish colored fur doesn't make any sense but somehow manages to look so freaking good. And the red outline of the eyes with the yellow just makes him look a lot more serious. Like I would be more afraid of getting my arse handed to me by SS4 Goku vs SS1, 2, or 3 Goku.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I have thought the same thing before. Like it is harnessing both the great ape and the base Saiyan forms.

One concept that I always liked was that Super Saiyan 4 wasn't really a "super" form but rather called something like "Primal Saiyan" or "Sayian Primal". It was its own thing apart from Super Saiyan and you could achieve "Super Saiyan Primal" after the fact. It would have given them more of a base to build off of.
I completely agree with this right here. Take GT, throw it away, but pull the SSJ4 form and make it its' own thing. If Mystic Gohan can be a thing, why not Primal Goku and Vegeta? Beats the latest let's change Goku's hair colour and call it a new transformation routine.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I completely agree with this right here. Take GT, throw it away, but pull the SSJ4 form and make it its' own thing. If Mystic Gohan can be a thing, why not Primal Goku and Vegeta? Beats the latest let's change Goku's hair colour and call it a new transformation routine.
Yeah, I never understood the "Mythic Gohan" thing and still don't.

Though as I was eating my supper I did have a another idea. What if the "Primal" Saiyan form was mainly for the lower end Saiyans, like Goku, Raditz, Bardock, and so on, while the current look that is known was more for the upper end Saiyans like King Vegeta, Vegeta, Trunks, and so on.The idea is that the lower end ones are more tune with their primal traits while the upper end ones are from it and thus they look different asSuper Saiyans.

Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue

Though as I was eating my supper I did have a another idea. What if the "Primal" Saiyan form was mainly for the lower end Saiyans, like Goku, Raditz, Bardock, and so on, while the current look that is known was more for the upper end Saiyans like King Vegeta, Vegeta, Trunks, and so on.The idea is that the lower end ones are more tune with their primal traits while the upper end ones are from it and thus they look different asSuper Saiyans.
That's my theory behind why SSJ4 Vegeta has blue eyes instead of gold. The royal bloodline.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Nah, I think that Golden Oozaru and Super Saiyan 4 as concepts are meant to be exclusive to GT. They're both in a separate branch from all the Super Saiyan forms in Z.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan

It's an interesting concept, but if anything, Vegeta at the start was far more in touch with his primal side than Goku, Nappa or Raditz...so not sure that holds up.

• Agree
Reactions: Punkhead and Beerus

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Well I've always preferred SSJ4 over the DBS' forms. It looks way more badass and fierce than, how you have mentioned, the pink and baby blue spiky hairs. However I have a hard time believing that they'd introduce this form in DBS or what follows.

Super and GT expand the lore in way different directions. GT is more about returning to the origins. Goku returns back to a kid, Android 17 returns to a villain and so on. As you can see, it is a recurring theme. The form makes sense here.

However DBS is more like delving into other realms, achieving the power of gods or other superior beings. I guess the primal nature, the ape, would be considered a weakness in this context. The ape is strong but doesn't have self control and is full of weaknesses. It's something that the Saiyans must "move on" upon if they want to unlock new potentials, to switch from earthly to godlike.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I'm with Carnotaurus on this one.

I know a lot of you have a huge erection for SSJ4, but it's just out of place in Super. Imagine tapping into the power of gods and then being like, yo...check out my new more powerful form. I grow fur on my body and get really mad - Fuck that god chi.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
It's an interesting concept, but if anything, Vegeta at the start was far more in touch with his primal side than Goku, Nappa or Raditz...so not sure that holds up.
Yeah, I get that. I was just saying if you based it on bloodline, but yeah Vegeta was more primal than Goku at the beginning
Imagine tapping into the power of gods and then being like, yo...check out my new more powerful form. I grow fur on my body and get really mad - Fuck that god chi.
Imagine being god like and all you got is the same style as SS1 but...with blue hair this time.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: