Theory About Saiyans and Humans

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Alright so, first I must state I thought about this while I was taking a shower and I am under the influence of PKs because I tweaked the shit out of my ankle. Anyways, I got to thinking about how humans on Earth in the Dragon Ball Universe might be based on humans in reality and as such that would mean that they would have descended from Apes; which made me think about how Saiyans are basically half monkey and half human, I know really there aren't just follow me. So the question I thought of while in the shower was simple.

Would Saiyans be the missing link between Humans and Apes, and if so that would imply that a group of Saiyans left Planet Vegeta and started their own world on what would be call Earth?

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
In the context of the DB Universe, it's certainly possible as a theory; however, in reality, I'm not sure it makes much sense. It would sort of depend on the evolution of Saiyans, do they predate humanity? Did they have space flight before the dawn of humanity? Did they have space flight capable of traveling whatever the distance is between Vegeta and Earth? Were they capable of building a society and not simply destroying? This also implies that they came to Earth, mated with the "last common ancestor" and spawned homo erectus or homo sapien. Within the confines of the DB Universe, sure, that's possible, though it doesn't really account for why the Saiyan DNA didn't prosper, allowing humans to be so pathetically weak comparative to Saiyans. If anything, humans should be as strong as Saiyans or stronger. We should have Super Humans, capable of immense feats of strength.

It's an interesting theory, for sure, but would need a lot of questions answered! It would be a neat twist in the plot if it turned out to be accurate, though :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Punkhead and Beerus

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
In the context of the DB Universe, it's certainly possible as a theory; however, in reality, I'm not sure it makes much sense. It would sort of depend on the evolution of Saiyans, do they predate humanity? Did they have space flight before the dawn of humanity? Did they have space flight capable of traveling whatever the distance is between Vegeta and Earth? Were they capable of building a society and not simply destroying? This also implies that they came to Earth, mated with the "last common ancestor" and spawned homo erectus or homo sapien. Within the confines of the DB Universe, sure, that's possible, though it doesn't really account for why the Saiyan DNA didn't prosper, allowing humans to be so pathetically weak comparative to Saiyans. If anything, humans should be as strong as Saiyans or stronger. We should have Super Humans, capable of immense feats of strength.

It's an interesting theory, for sure, but would need a lot of questions answered! It would be a neat twist in the plot if it turned out to be accurate, though :D
Thank you, and like I said this was just a dumb theory I happened to think of because if this was the case than Humans should be more powerful or equal to Saiyans and all; unless their was a mutation the DNA, which could have happened. Course, I am also apply real life science and all to fictitious world and all so. Because like I go to thinking like what if the Egyptian Gods in DB's universe were based on the Kai's and all. Again, maybe this is just me being on painkillers and my brain being all "Woo!", and I am just having a "stoner thought" as some would say.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
If we are talking ape to human evolution, it would seem like they just evolved differently. Like they came from different apes, i.e. alien apes. So their evolutionary timeline was not quite like the one that is on earth. They are said to be "less intelligent" and more about brute force and strength. So it would seem they followed a similar evolution but due to environmental differences perhaps, they are not the same.

On a side note, apes don't have tails and monkies do so I think they evolved from monkeys, not apes... But this is likely down to them being space apes and not standard ones.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Thank you, and like I said this was just a dumb theory I happened to think of because if this was the case than Humans should be more powerful or equal to Saiyans and all; unless their was a mutation the DNA, which could have happened. Course, I am also apply real life science and all to fictitious world and all so.

It's a pretty solid theory to think about, for sure, we'd just need to know more about the timelines and the history of the Saiyans themselves to see if it could fit into the DB "lore" accurately. It does rely on real-world science, but there's nothing wrong with that, I like a bit of science in my fiction :D

Because like I go to thinking like what if the Egyptian Gods in DB's universe were based on the Kai's and all. Again, maybe this is just me being on painkillers and my brain being all "Woo!", and I am just having a "stoner thought" as some would say.

It could certainly be possible, or maybe they witnessed Beerus in ancient Egypt and are worshiping him? It would make sense! Worship the destroyer god or be destroyed!

Reactions: Beerus and Punkhead

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
If we are talking ape to human evolution, it would seem like they just evolved differently. Like they came from different apes, i.e. alien apes. So their evolutionary timeline was not quite like the one that is on earth. They are said to be "less intelligent" and more about brute force and strength. So it would seem they followed a similar evolution but due to environmental differences perhaps, they are not the same.

On a side note, apes don't have tails and monkies do so I think they evolved from monkeys, not apes... But this is likely down to them being space apes and not standard ones.
Right, like I said there are flaws to this theory, but in the anime and even manga, I think, their primal form is called "Great Ape" or something on that line so. Again, just a stupid theory I thought I figured I might as well share with y'all.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan

I don't know why, but this made me think of nothing more than this:

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus and Punkhead

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Right, like I said there are flaws to this theory, but in the anime and even manga, I think, their primal form is called "Great Ape" or something on that line so. Again, just a stupid theory I thought I figured I might as well share with y'all.
Eh it is not stupid, anything is possible in the world of anime. It certainly does seem like Saiyans are the closest thing to humans in the DB universe though. Worth pondering on.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I don't know why, but this made me think of nothing more than this:

The fact that isn't TFS surprises me.
Eh it is not stupid, anything is possible in the world of anime. It certainly does seem like Saiyans are the closest thing to humans in the DB universe though. Worth pondering on.
Fair point. Though if humans did some how descend from Saiyans then Krillin has some explaining to do

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Until we learn that one of the elder gods of old was a great ape and he went around to various planets screwing everything that moved and made our "last common ancestor" and the Saiyans, and humans are indeed related to Saiyans by blood.

The universal Ghengis Khan!

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Related by blood and other fluids... :what:

giphy.gif

• Funny
  • :)
  • :shock3: