Television What happened to He-Man?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I never watched the show so I don't know where the fans are coming from with this but it seems like most people hate the new series on Netflix.

Just looking at the comments on the video below paint the picture:

From the sound of things, it seems as if they took He-man out of the show almost entirely and made it a female lead and focused story. I am sure people who never watched the original show could enjoy this, but not the fans of it. It almost seems like they want to ruin everything for people in their 30's and 40's. As if the world isn't enough of a mess, they want to take entertainment they enjoyed as kids and take a massive shat on it.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Here are two videos that explain this whole thing perfectly

I watched only a few minutes of the first one. What is wrong with female characters being sexy or feminine? Like, come on. A woman can be strong and beautiful. I don't understand why they want to do away with the soft feminine quality of females in shows.

cc4e6b5853834c2dacbf85555ba63513686a46cf01070d40b28406c196375846_1.jpg

It is a meme but this is a good example. She is clearly strong but still feminine.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I watched only a few minutes of the first one. What is wrong with female characters being sexy or feminine? Like, come on. A woman can be strong and beautiful. I don't understand why they want to do away with the soft feminine quality of females in shows.

View attachment 3693

It is a meme but this is a good example. She is clearly strong but still feminine.
They want to normalize the female form in media today, because PC culture run mad. So...can't have big, busty women anymore, they're not a thing and don't exist in real life, right? So...small bust, "cute" women with girl next door appeal prevails.

Reactions: Punkhead

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God

View attachment 3693

Yeah, it is a more western problem that isn't getting any better, and I honestly have no clue. There are a lot of Anime protagonist that are females that have feminine looks and all, but are powerful as fuck. And I am not against the idea of a muscled woman and all, but when you can tell someone was drawn like a guy and all then if devalues it and such. I personally believe all styles should be accepted and done, like a feminine man being the hero or a over the tops 80s bro hero and everything in between. Mainly for teh fact people come in all shapes of life and such.
So...small bust, "cute" women with girl next door appeal prevails.
Fight me, lol.

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Fight me, lol.

...are we about to start down the path of you and Beerus?!?

Nah, I'm not saying there's not appeal in it, not at all! I might be a boob fan (superfan?), but I can appreciate women of any build, it's just the way the culture is heading right now, IMO.

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They want to normalize the female form in media today, because PC culture run mad. So...can't have big, busty women anymore, they're not a thing and don't exist in real life, right? So...small bust, "cute" women with girl next door appeal prevails.
That is so stupid though. It isn't just them de-chesting women, they are making them look more like men.
Yeah, it is a more western problem that isn't getting any better, and I honestly have no clue. There are a lot of Anime protagonist that are females that have feminine looks and all, but are powerful as fuck. And I am not against the idea of a muscled woman and all, but when you can tell someone was drawn like a guy and all then if devalues it and such. I personally believe all styles should be accepted and done, like a feminine man being the hero or a over the tops 80s bro hero and everything in between. Mainly for teh fact people come in all shapes of life and such.
Yeah you can have a female character with muscles and they can still be beautiful and feminine but it also seems like they don't want any femininity in these reboots. Their looks, the way they act, and how forced their "power" is... It is just not appealing. There is nothing wrong with strong women and weak men in stories but they have done it so far into the ground at this point with shows, movies, etc. that I am just over it. Is it any wonder why people are being put off by a lot of movies and shows these days?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
On a side note... Kevin needs to get some weed and testosterone in him. He is crying too much. What happened to that dude?

I am all for men showing their emotion but this is a bit too much. I think the first comment on that video is right. Dude is gaslighting.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
...are we about to start down the path of you and Beerus?!?

Nah, I'm not saying there's not appeal in it, not at all! I might be a boob fan (superfan?), but I can appreciate women of any build, it's just the way the culture is heading right now, IMO.
Nah, we aren't because no one can get on that path like us, lol.

I understood what you meant, and agree with it. I just had to mess with ya.
Yeah you can have a female character with muscles and they can still be beautiful and feminine but it also seems like they don't want any femininity in these reboots. Their looks, the way they act, and how forced their "power" is... It is just not appealing. There is nothing wrong with strong women and weak men in stories but they have done it so far into the ground at this point with shows, movies, etc. that I am just over it. Is it any wonder why people are being put off by a lot of movies and shows these days?
I highly agree with you. There is no balance nowadays like how there was at one time, or even how Anime/Manga are doing it right now. I personally think a little of bit everything is good for everybody like people want to see a strong female lead, an actual one and not half assed, then fine, but if people want to see a strong male lead then fine. Kind of give everyone what they want, in manner of speaking, and things would get better. The main things I want is good characters and a good story, which is so far gone nowadays, especially in the west, that is just pathetic.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I highly agree with you. There is no balance nowadays like how there was at one time, or even how Anime/Manga are doing it right now. I personally think a little of bit everything is good for everybody like people want to see a strong female lead, an actual one and not half assed, then fine, but if people want to see a strong male lead then fine. Kind of give everyone what they want, in manner of speaking, and things would get better. The main things I want is good characters and a good story, which is so far gone nowadays, especially in the west, that is just pathetic.

The fact that strong female leads are almost always lesbian should be offensive too. To both straight and lesbian women alike. There are tomboys/butch women who are straight and very feminine delicate lesbians. To paint this idea that all strong women are lesbian and all weak or feminine women are straight is insulting. That is a stereotype that should have been done away with years ago but still, these Hollywood morons want to keep it alive and kicking.

The sexual identity or preference of a character should not be their only value either. I see this for so many characters now. They do it with gay, lesbian, and even black characters. Like their only attributing value in the story and the main focus of everything they are is what they do with their pants gremlins or the color of their skin. We are going backward at this point.

A good story with characters who have deep and meaningful value appeals to everyone. If you stop at a surface value you are only reinstating that the main value and quality of a person ends at such a basic and primitive level i.e. sexual attraction, the color of skin, etc. which makes these characters hollow, shallow, and unrelatable to everyone.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
The fact that strong female leads are almost always lesbian should be offensive too. To both straight and lesbian women alike. There are tomboys/butch women who are straight and very feminine delicate lesbians. To paint this idea that all strong women are lesbian and all weak or feminine women are straight is insulting. That is a stereotype that should have been done away with years ago but still, these Hollywood morons want to keep it alive and kicking.

The sexual identity or preference of a character should not be their only value either. I see this for so many characters now. They do it with gay, lesbian, and even black characters. Like their only attributing value in the story and the main focus of everything they are is what they do with their pants gremlins or the color of their skin. We are going backward at this point.

A good story with characters who have deep and meaningful value appeals to everyone. If you stop at a surface value you are only reinstating that the main value and quality of a person ends at such a basic and primitive level i.e. sexual attraction, the color of skin, etc. which makes these characters hollow, shallow, and unrelatable to everyone.
That's the nature of entertainment, sadly. They start to play catch up and then totally fuck it up by continuing to predicate false ideals and stereotypes.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God

Highly agree with you again. That is one thing that bugs me as well. Like why can't be strong and like dudes? Mean, you ever hear of simps or femdom, you know? It is funny because every strong male lead is straight, but never gay so there is something there to talka bout as well.

Yes! A thousand times yes, that is annoying as fuck. Like okay this character is gay, that is cool. What else about them? Like give me some more info or something, lol. The art of story and character is dieing off quickly.

Exactly! I have nothing else to add that is just a valid point that I always make.
It'sAGundam got my sub by the way. I like his real and honest approach.
Yeah, been watching him for like 2 years no and I enjoy his stuff. You should watch him on a podcast called Friday Night Tights because he will kill you from laughing so hard.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
I mean everyone is saying stuff like what they did to Teela and Co (i didnt watch he man im just sad for the fans of heman) is really dumb
i mean all Nicer female chars that i create are barely too 0% sexuallixed (only really one specific char is after she turns 18) But they still have long hair and other femalish stuff i mean even if theyre for example kids and look like boys its fine but i mean come on!

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I never watched the show so I don't know where the fans are coming from with this but it seems like most people hate the new series on Netflix.

Just looking at the comments on the video below paint the picture:

From the sound of things, it seems as if they took He-man out of the show almost entirely and made it a female lead and focused story. I am sure people who never watched the original show could enjoy this, but not the fans of it. It almost seems like they want to ruin everything for people in their 30's and 40's. As if the world isn't enough of a mess, they want to take entertainment they enjoyed as kids and take a massive shat on it.

It a nutshell, they The Last Jedi'd He-Man in a similar fashion what they did to Luke in that movie. They replaced a very beloved action oriented male character with a Mary Sue female character who can do no wrong. Even when put it mortal peril she reaches into her bag of bullshit and whips out something to win the day. There's just no consequences for a Mary Sue and they turned Teela into one, big time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with strong, intelligent, feminine characters but you have to build them up on their own merits. Not destroy what was there before and pave it over into a parking lot.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It a nutshell, they The Last Jedi'd He-Man in a similar fashion what they did to Luke in that movie. They replaced a very beloved action oriented male character with a Mary Sue female character who can do no wrong. Even when put it mortal peril she reaches into her bag of bullshit and whips out something to win the day. There's just no consequences for a Mary Sue and they turned Teela into one, big time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with strong, intelligent, feminine characters but you have to build them up on their own merits. Not destroy what was there before and pave it over into a parking lot.
Yeah, this sounds terrible. Sounds a lot like what they did with Captain Marvel but at least they weren't directly ruining someone else's creation. That was the first movie for that character.

• Agree
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: