What if piccolo never turned good?

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Piccolo had one of the most interesting character developments, from the demon king, a being of pure evil, to gohans real dad. But what if piccolo never turned good? What implications would this have for all the characters, gohan especially? Would goku even survive past raditz?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Piccolo or Piccolo Jr?

I am assuming you mean Piccolo Jr. since you mentioned Raditz. In which case, I think he likely would have gotten in the way at some point. Maybe he would have fought them to keep them from going to Namek? Not sure.

Reactions: mundomania

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
No one else would have gotten away with training Gohan during the Saiyan Arc. And Goku would have lost to Raditz, and would either get killed or get abducted by force.
I would imagine to save everyone else, he would have left with him. I don't think Raditz would have killed him when he could be an asset to Vegeta.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Agreed, he doesn't turn then we don't get the Raditz battle, Goku leaves with Raditz to spare Earth, and I highly doubt we see Super Saiyan or anything beyond it until LONG after it happened in the proper story, if at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Yoshi

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Piccolo or Piccolo Jr?

I am assuming you mean Piccolo Jr. since you mentioned Raditz. In which case, I think he likely would have gotten in the way at some point. Maybe he would have fought them to keep them from going to Namek? Not sure.
I don't think the story would progress this far, considering raditz was so much more powerful than goku. I think goku dying would be the end, and raditz might just kill off piccolo.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
No one else would have gotten away with training Gohan during the Saiyan Arc. And Goku would have lost to Raditz, and would either get killed or get abducted by force.
Exactly, goku would just flat out lose and never return. Dragon ball would end here. Really makes you think about the importance of piccolo back then.

Reactions: Beerus

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Agreed, he doesn't turn then we don't get the Raditz battle, Goku leaves with Raditz to spare Earth, and I highly doubt we see Super Saiyan or anything beyond it until LONG after it happened in the proper story, if at all.
I both agree and disagree with this. It seems likely, but at the same time this is so unlike goku's character, because he is still a saiyan with pride. Sure he would want to save the world, but I think it would be more reminiscent of vegeta blowing himself up. The idea of having to work under someone would grate on goku the same way it did vegeta.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I both agree and disagree with this. It seems likely, but at the same time this is so unlike goku's character, because he is still a saiyan with pride. Sure he would want to save the world, but I think it would be more reminiscent of vegeta blowing himself up. The idea of having to work under someone would grate on goku the same way it did vegeta.
That's a fair point, he likely would either have fought and lost or found a way to get out from under Raditz and Vegeta's feet. True.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Had he died, they could have wished him back just the same but it would have been a lot harder with Piccolo and Raditz both being enemies.
I think if he died the frieza force would have captured earth and used the dragon balls to make frieza immortal. It's pretty dark but honestly, I think dragon ball would end.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think if he died the frieza force would have captured earth and used the dragon balls to make frieza immortal. It's pretty dark but honestly, I think dragon ball would end.
He would have likely ended up killing Vegeta as well I am sure. Ironically enough, his will to get stronger than Goku kind of helped him in more ways than one.

Though, they might now have known about the dragon balls because they only heard about wishing Goku back after he had died through the scouter so it is likely it would have not been brought up.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
He would have likely ended up killing Vegeta as well I am sure. Ironically enough, his will to get stronger than Goku kind of helped him in more ways than one.

Though, they might now have known about the dragon balls because they only heard about wishing Goku back after he had died through the scouter so it is likely it would have not been brought up.
You know, after talking about this, this is one of my more favourite theories. I don't know why, but I'm really loving this idea, as it just seems so much darker, because when you think about it so many characters would die. Gohan as a saiyan would be killed, the other earth fighters were already dead, and earth would become enslaved. And then we could have a whole overthrowing with goku and vegeta coming back with an alliance and working together to defeat frieza. This story has so much potential now that I really think about it.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: