Which anime do you look back on more FONDLY: Pokémon OR Yu-Gi-Oh!?

Which anime do you look back on more FONDLY: Pokémon OR Yu-Gi-Oh!?

• Pokémon

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yu-Go-Oh!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Western society says no! No tits for James!
giphy.gif
*coughs*

:haha:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
You have to love how the episode got banned because the powers that be were terrified it would be too confusing for children, despite the fact James dresses up like a girl in so many Team Rocket scenes, nope, a pair of inflataboobs is what does it. Granted, not the smartest move to have a skimpy bikini and a huge pair of fake boobs in a childrens' show, and proof it's pre-pc culture when a literal child is lamenting her small chest compared to a man's fake honkers while in a chauvinistic swimsuit competition. That wouldn't pass in today's world.

...thanks, 90s culture, you gave us guys so many great sexploitive moments :thumbsupgif:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
You have to love how the episode got banned because the powers that be were terrified it would be too confusing for children, despite the fact James dresses up like a girl in so many Team Rocket scenes, nope, a pair of inflataboobs is what does it. Granted, not the smartest move to have a skimpy bikini and a huge pair of fake boobs in a childrens' show, and proof it's pre-pc culture when a literal child is lamenting her small chest compared to a man's fake honkers while in a chauvinistic swimsuit competition. That wouldn't pass in today's world.

...thanks, 90s culture, you gave us guys so many great sexploitive moments :thumbsupgif:
They are worried about confusing kids yet teach that boys can have periods, gender is fluid and there is no gender while saying there are over 70 genders to identify with, that having white skin is racism, free stuff = freedom, segregation is a good thing (no joke some schools are separating blacks and whites), that you can't appreciate or enjoy anyone else's culture because it is racist... Yup. I am worried about James having tits. We have to remember that this is a Japanese cartoon, not a western one and they don't worry about this stuff.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
They are worried about confusing kids yet teach that boys can have periods, gender is fluid and there is no gender while saying there are over 70 genders to identify with, that having white skin is racism, free stuff = freedom, segregation is a good thing (no joke some schools are separating blacks and whites), that you can't appreciate or enjoy anyone else's culture because it is racist... Yup. I am worried about James having tits. We have to remember that this is a Japanese cartoon, not a western one and they don't worry about this stuff.
Agreed, Japan is so much more open about boobs, alternative cultures (well, to an extent), sexuality and just letting kids be kids and laugh at things that are funny.

I certainly hope boys don't have periods, I'll be first on the table to have any bits causing that cut out! I'd be crying like a baby at the cramps. That's something I'll happily leave to women. As for gender fluidity, yeah, I can't buy into that. Trans is one thing, but gender isn't really something that you shift with the times or moods. Oh, today I feel like a woman, better put my best dress on! No, today I'm Mr. Man, muscle t-shirt, leather jacket and steel-toed boots, better glue my beard on, too! Damnit, forgot to unglue my fake boobs, guess I'm fluid today. I agree that people are getting super worked up about cultural appropriation far too much these days. Cultural exchange is supposed to make us well-rounded human beings, but no, now if you enjoy things from other cultures you're stealing or racist, it makes no sense how we got to this point. I'm just going to sit here in my little hole in the world and wait for it all to blow over again...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed, Japan is so much more open about boobs, alternative cultures (well, to an extent), sexuality and just letting kids be kids and laugh at things that are funny.

I certainly hope boys don't have periods, I'll be first on the table to have any bits causing that cut out! I'd be crying like a baby at the cramps. That's something I'll happily leave to women. As for gender fluidity, yeah, I can't buy into that. Trans is one thing, but gender isn't really something that you shift with the times or moods. Oh, today I feel like a woman, better put my best dress on! No, today I'm Mr. Man, muscle t-shirt, leather jacket and steel-toed boots, better glue my beard on, too! Damnit, forgot to unglue my fake boobs, guess I'm fluid today. I agree that people are getting super worked up about cultural appropriation far too much these days. Cultural exchange is supposed to make us well-rounded human beings, but no, now if you enjoy things from other cultures you're stealing or racist, it makes no sense how we got to this point. I'm just going to sit here in my little hole in the world and wait for it all to blow over again...

Eventually, it will stop, just a matter of when and by what means. For the time being... #FreeJamesTits

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Ultra instinct Chi-chi

Saiyan Warrior
I recently watched Yu-Gi-Oh, but I've watched Pokémon since Gen 5.

Pokémon is an easy choice for me as I'm obsessed with the whole franchise. It's always given me the thrills and motivation that I need to keep going and helped me with my mental health.

There's nothing that can give me stronger feelings than Pokémon. I always cheer like crazy during the leagues and cry like crazy during the deaths.

Reactions: Beerus

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I eventually got pretty bored of pokimon as a kid, but I LOVED Yu-Gi-Oh zexal. Never watched the original show, but zexal was so much fun for the kid me.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: