Which Character Do You Wish Would be Expanded Upon -- Pikkon or Hit?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Two similar characters, both of whom were great bit-parts, but would be fantastic as characters in a movie or as part of the core crew...so...who would you rather see expanded upon?

Personally, I'd love to see Pikkon a bit more. Hit's good, and his time tricks are neat, but Pikkon had this sort of mysterious aura about him. Seeing him find a way to power up to match everyone and work either with them or against a similar opponent...it'd be nice to see him again and get some backstory in, too.

Which would you rather see get an expanded story?

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Now that you mention it, they seem kinda similar, yeah. We know that Hit was an assassin, and iirc used to solo everyone in his Universe. The backstory of how he came to be an assassin would be cool... but with the way Super mishandled most characters writings and backstories (imo), I wouldn't expect too much of a good thing.

Paikuhan also stood out as a nice character and his fight against Goku was one of the most interesting ones out of the whole series imo. Like brought up, his death could also make some potential story, as to how it came to be, or who killed him. I'd also like to see him interacting with some characters from the main crew.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Hit was very interesting until they had Goku beat him and he was made to look a damn fool in the ToP. So yeah, I would say Pikkon as well.

Precisely. Hit was great and then it was just...a side show. He deserved better writing, for sure, but since we got...that...and there are some massive plotholes in the Pikkon story that could be filled in with a movie or with a return to the series, it'd be great to see him returning and getting expanded upon.

Now that you mention it, they seem kinda similar, yeah. We know that Hit was an assassin, and iirc used to solo everyone in his Universe. The backstory of how he came to be an assassin would be cool... but with the way Super mishandled most characters writings and backstories (imo), I wouldn't expect too much of a good thing.

Paikuhan also stood out as a nice character and his fight against Goku was one of the most interesting ones out of the whole series imo. Like brought up, his death could also make some potential story, as to how it came to be, or who killed him. I'd also like to see him interacting with some characters from the main crew.

Agreed, there's a lot of content and backstory that we could gather from Hit having an expanded story, and he could've been a much more interesting character had it actually been well written. As it is, having Pikkon coming back and having his story expanded would be fantastic, because he was one of those characters that was so absorbing in DBZ, going further into his story would be incredible.

Tbh i have a soft spot for hit, purely because he's so cool in dbfz. I don't like what they did with him in the ToP, so I'd have to say the comeback of hit would be cool.

Solid point, it'd be nice for him to get some storyline retribution for how he was so easily dismissed.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Tapion also sounds an interesting character to me, even if his screen time is limited to a movie. His track is amazing, too. I occasionally play it in the background when I'm doing side tasks lulz.
I used it as an outro for the videos I made for the forum. Such a good song for being so simple. Reminds me of Zelda which I suppose was the point.

Reactions: mundomania

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Beerus said:
I used it as an outro for the videos I made for the forum. Such a good song for being so simple. Reminds me of Zelda which I suppose was the point.
Yeah, it's a pretty touching theme. He was the one who played that in his flute, right? I wish he had fought in the movie.

Reactions: Beerus

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Reading all these opinions that Hit went downhill during the Tournament of Power is funny to me having read the manga where Hit was basically a joke from the get-go. In the manga, if you're stronger than Hit, his time-skip ability just doesn't work, it's pathetic. I recall liking his part in the ToP in the anime more too, it's a shame he's mostly there to get Jiren over as a threat, but at least he puts somewhat a fight against him?

Anyway, my answer's Pikkon. He's a favourite tbh, really cool design (Piccolo rip-off or not) and some unique moves with fire and tornado's. Which granted aren't as unique compared to Hit's tool-kit but eh, Hit's in the current series, Pikkon's not. I want Pikkon added into that family. Goku should die more and visit him.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Reading all these opinions that Hit went downhill during the Tournament of Power is funny to me having read the manga where Hit was basically a joke from the get-go. In the manga, if you're stronger than Hit, his time-skip ability just doesn't work, it's pathetic.
I didn't read it yet so I wouldn't know but that seems weird. Like they make him seem pretty legit for a while in the anime but then he just turns into a bust.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I didn't read it yet so I wouldn't know but that seems weird. Like they make him seem pretty legit for a while in the anime but then he just turns into a bust.
In both he felt like more of a filler character than anything else. The thing is, they gave him so many tools his potential was really up there, making it even more dissapointing.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
In both he felt like more of a filler character than anything else. The thing is, they gave him so many tools his potential was really up there, making it even more dissapointing.
I liked he was a space hitman. His introduction was great... But then, meh.

Reactions: mundomania
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: