Dragon Ball Super Who is Zalama exactly?

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I'm having a discussion on FB with someone about whether Zalama is the dragon itself or a Godly Namekian that created Super Shenron.

I asked for a canon source and all I got was a quote saying "Zalama the Dragon God created the Super Dragon Balls".

What isn't clarified is if "Dragon God" refers to a God Dragon or a God OF dragons.

My argument openly states that I have little knowledge beyond the ToP and I'm basing all of this on statements and inferences up to that point.

That said, maybe the Moro or Granola arcs have retconned or clarified this, but up to the ToP, implications heavily favored Zalama being the dragon itself.

My memory could be defying me, but I seem to recall the Grand Priest referring to the dragon itself, not as Super Shenron, but as Zalama himself.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, I think you're right about Zalama being the dragon itself, not the creator. I wonder if Zeno was the creator of the Super Dragon Balls?

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Yeah, I think you're right about Zalama being the dragon itself, not the creator. I wonder if Zeno was the creator of the Super Dragon Balls?

No, the guy in Super outright states that Zalama created them. It's just not clear about whether or not Zalama is the dragon itself.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yep, you're right, Zalama created them, my mistake...forgot that part.

But I swear one of the angels referred to the dragon by that name, as well after the first 6/7 battle...maybe wrong there...

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Don't the Namakians create the dragons who create the balls or do they make the balls that create the dragons? I can't remember.
They make a dragon statue and surround it with spherical rocks, then say something namekish and poof, dragon. But this is a super dragon who somehow created both the super dragon statue AND the super dragon balls that summon him forth? Methinks logic failed the writers here.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They make a dragon statue and surround it with spherical rocks, then say something namekish and poof, dragon. But this is a super dragon who somehow created both the super dragon statue AND the super dragon balls that summon him forth? Methinks logic failed the writers here.
Yeah seems like something was overlooked or there is a cultural difference in the meaning somewhere like the tingle back thing pissing western fans off but Japanese fans loving it.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah seems like something was overlooked or there is a cultural difference in the meaning somewhere like the tingle back thing pissing western fans off but Japanese fans loving it.
Ugh, buttgasms...should've just had it been a spine tingle, ffs. At least we can understand that, but lower back orgasming into super saiyan...no...

• Funny

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Don't the Namakians create the dragons who create the balls or do they make the balls that create the dragons? I can't remember.

I don't remember who said it, maybe Grand Priest, but it was stated that the Namekians created tgeir Dragon Balls by chipping off pieces of the Super Dragon Balls.

That does contrast with Dende creating Dragon Balls out of thin air though. He certainly did not get them from the Super Dragon Balls.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Buttgasm just makes me think of diarrhea... :stinky:
Agreed!

I don't remember who said it, maybe Grand Priest, but it was stated that the Namekians created tgeir Dragon Balls by chipping off pieces of the Super Dragon Balls.

That does contrast with Dende creating Dragon Balls out of thin air though. He certainly did not get them from the Super Dragon Balls.
I don't remember that being said, but it wouldn't surprise me. Completely contradictory to how it was done on Earth, so why not...

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I think Zalama is a high level god tier being we just haven't seen or gotten any extrapolation on similar to Yamoshi being a Super Saiyan God. It's basically like, "So there was this guy and he did stuff."

Now according to the manga the Namekians might not even have originated in Universe 7. Toriyama is at his house chuckling his ass off at us going, "That'll teach them to ask questions!" :LOL:

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I think Zalama is a high level god tier being we just haven't seen or gotten any extrapolation on similar to Yamoshi being a Super Saiyan God. It's basically like, "So there was this guy and he did stuff."

Now according to the manga the Namekians might not even have originated in Universe 7. Toriyama is at his house chuckling his ass off at us going, "That'll teach them to ask questions!" :LOL:
But the Namekians exist in the sister universe 6...is he suggesting they migrated from Universe 6, or that the ones from their sister universe aren't Namekians, or they also migrated from elsewhere?

Curse, you Toriyama!

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
But the Namekians exist in the sister universe 6...is he suggesting they migrated from Universe 6, or that the ones from their sister universe aren't Namekians, or they also migrated from elsewhere?

Curse, you Toriyama!
It was the Heeters that revealed the fact that they used to have a colony of sorts on planet Cereal as well. Living alongside the native Cerelians until the Saiyans came and wiped them all out except for Granolah and Monaito. Elec implied that they originally come from another realm, so whether this means they migrated over from Universe 6 or he's talking about another place entirely is left ambiguous.

• Informative
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It was the Heeters that revealed the fact that they used to have a colony of sorts on planet Cereal as well. Living alongside the native Cerelians until the Saiyans came and wiped them all out except for Granolah and Monaito. Elec implied that they originally come from another realm, so whether this means they migrated over from Universe 6 or he's talking about another place entirely is left ambiguous.
I genuinely did not know this, that's fascinating!

(also proof I need to read more...)

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2

That's frustrating too, because you can follow logic with the evidence provided to reach a solid conclusion and with the stroke of a pen, Toriyama/Toyotaro can be like "nah, it was this".

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: