5 Ways That Sasuke is a Little B#%€£

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I'll be real, Naruto is his own brand of annoying, what with his massive hard-on for Sasuke & all, but Sasuke is even moreso unworthy of such admiration and here are 5 reasons why.

#1. He's arrogant as hell

Uchiha's in general seem to be really arrogant, but Sasuke takes the cake.

When Naruto and Sasuke have their last spat in the original series and Saduke sees the damage that Narutos Rasangan caused, instead of acknowledging that Naruto deserves more respect, Sasuke throws a little b#&€£ tantrum and runs away.

#2. He was never at any point friendly with Naruto or anyone for that matter.

He didn't just look down on Naruto, he was an insolent little prick towards virtually all of his peers. It's no wonder he had no problem betraying them all.

#3. His plan for Orochimaru didn't have to involve being a massive dick

He could have just been like
"Naruto, calm down, I'm just using Orochimaru. I have no intention of letting him have my body"

...and everything would have worked out so much better.

#4. He turned his back on everyone for power

Am I the only one that recognizes what a terrible person you have to be to turn your back on everyone you've ever known to chase power over some grudge?

I don't care how much Itachi deserved justice, the fact that Sasuke insists that it has to be him and only him to deliver it is arrogant, selfish, foolish, and stupid.

#5. The biggest reason of all?
He immediately betrayed Itachi's will and intent by becoming another terrorist hell-bent on destroying the village

This little son of a b#&€£ just learned that Itachi did everything for a noble cause and for the good of the village. He literally martyred himself so that Sasuke could understand the importance of the village...

...and how does he repay him? By doing the complete opposite in what is an apparent case of an immature refusal to accept that his motivation was a lie.

How Sasuke has such a large fan base baffles me. He's the epitome of little b#&€£ anime characters.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Naruto is obsessed with Sasuke in the Five Kage Summit Arc because he thinks of him as a brother. This is very important because not only did Naruto have no friends at one point, he was also an orphan, and Sasuke didn't have any real friends either and was also an orphan.

Naruto is the Shonen version of Guts and Sasuke is the Shonen version of Griffith. I think there shouldn't be as much criticism for either of these characters considering this reason alone.

If you ask me, Sakura is the only one I can understand having as much haters as she does. She never really develops as a female lead, although this is also because the females in Naruto are all very superficial.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Naruto is obsessed with Sasuke in the Five Kage Summit Arc because he thinks of him as a brother. This is very important because not only did Naruto have no friends at one point, he was also an orphan, and Sasuke didn't have any real friends either and was also an orphan.

Naruto is the Shonen version of Guts and Sasuke is the Shonen version of Griffith. I think there shouldn't be as much criticism for either of these characters considering this reason alone.

If you ask me, Sakura is the only one I can understand having as much haters as she does. She never really develops as a female lead, although this is also because the females in Naruto are all very superficial.

I'm not going to act like I am entitled to the effort it would take, BUT I just want to point out that in no way did you refute or challenge any of the points I made regarding Sasuke himself.

By saying
"Sakura is the only one I can understand having as much hate" is a subtle way of declaring that you disagree, so it's a bit odd to say
"I disagree with you" and leave it at that.

So what about the things I listed have you not understanding the hate for Sasuke?

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I've just read so much criticism regarding Naruto and Sasuke as characters that it's tiresome for me to tackle them all. So like you said, let's agree to disagree.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
#2. He was never at any point friendly with Naruto or anyone for that matter.

He didn't just look down on Naruto, he was an insolent little prick towards virtually all of his peers. It's no wonder he had no problem betraying them all.

To be fair, Sasuke did save Naruto's life against Haku. Haku wasn't really trying to kill them, but that's neither here nor there, Sasuke reacted under the belief that it was fatal & Naruto would've died.

That's about all I'm going to defend about Sasuke though lol. I mostly agree with you. I remember reading the chapter where Naruto & Sasuke finally hash it out after their last battle and just thinking "I wish this worked for me" because I think that chapter is well-written but I can't emotionally connect to it because Naruto & Sasuke's friendship was never well-established before he ditched them and Sasuke's character development takes a complete nosedive after he defeats Itachi and learns the truth.

Though to be honest, Naruto probably frustrated me more in this storyline. I remember when he stopped Sasuke from legit trying to kill Sakura and then told Sasuke he was going to take him back to the village and they were going to be friends again. I've never related to Sasuke more than when he responded by asking "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
You know you can make this about any Shonen anti-hero. You could one about Vegeta and the list wouldn't change much. It is called character development and depth, something people forget happens as well who care who has a major fanbase. People like who they like because of relatable or they do something you like or value. For example, I like Bardock a lot because he stood against Frezia because he got tired of his shit when the other Sayians, mainly King Vegeta and such, where just acting like his servants. That is something I can get behind. No character is supposed to be perfect because if they were they would suck, that is why I hate Goku so much, and every genre or company has tropes that have to be done or else.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
You know you can make this about any Shonen anti-hero. You could one about Vegeta and the list wouldn't change much. It is called character development and depth, something people forget happens as well who care who has a major fanbase. People like who they like because of relatable or they do something you like or value. For example, I like Bardock a lot because he stood against Frezia because he got tired of his shit when the other Sayians, mainly King Vegeta and such, where just acting like his servants. That is something I can get behind. No character is supposed to be perfect because if they were they would suck, that is why I hate Goku so much, and every genre or company has tropes that have to be done or else.

I guess it's true that several of these could apply to Vegeta but like Vegeta and Sasuke are pretty different characters, with different character arcs. Like Vegeta's development is all about becoming the good guy, whereas Sasuke's is basically developing to be Talk no Jutsu by Naruto. Where we get to see his descent play out before Naruto changes his heart rather than getting a flashback mid or post-fight before Naruto TnJ's them (I like TnJ's btw). I just think Kishimoto did a bad job of it. He did a bad job of showcasing/establishing Naruto & Sasuke's friendship before he defected, and I think he did a bad job of handling Sasuke's descent.

Like it was good until Itachi died & Sasuke learned the truth. After that, Sasuke was like "the village elders have to die, I don't really care if the rest live or die" I thought, oh excellent development, cause he previously he was against murdering uninvolved people so him going from that into not caring as long as those he wanted dead die, natural development. But it actually turns out he was lying, and that he really wants everyone who lives there regardless if they were even born at the time to die. Then Kishimoto later tried to handwave that development as "Oh Uchiha's brain chemistry is special in that if somebody they loved dies that go mentally insane afterward" hence the unlocking the Susanoo power, and that felt so cheap especially when Sasuke was still rational enough to know he should lie to Suigetsu & his other tag-along.

I like Goku, in large parts because of the poison in his character, since I honestly believe that Goku probably loves fighting more than he loves his family. But beyond that I do agree with the rest of this. A lot of my favourite characters tend to be the ones I relate to, and I typically only relate to characters for the flaws, so I definitely prefer characters like that.

Reactions: Punkhead

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I guess it's true that several of these could apply to Vegeta but like Vegeta and Sasuke are pretty different characters, with different character arcs. Like Vegeta's development is all about becoming the good guy, whereas Sasuke's is basically developing to be Talk no Jutsu by Naruto. Where we get to see his descent play out before Naruto changes his heart rather than getting a flashback mid or post-fight before Naruto TnJ's them (I like TnJ's btw). I just think Kishimoto did a bad job of it. He did a bad job of showcasing/establishing Naruto & Sasuke's friendship before he defected, and I think he did a bad job of handling Sasuke's descent.

Like it was good until Itachi died & Sasuke learned the truth. After that, Sasuke was like "the village elders have to die, I don't really care if the rest live or die" I thought, oh excellent development, cause he previously he was against murdering uninvolved people so him going from that into not caring as long as those he wanted dead die, natural development. But it actually turns out he was lying, and that he really wants everyone who lives there regardless if they were even born at the time to die. Then Kishimoto later tried to handwave that development as "Oh Uchiha's brain chemistry is special in that if somebody they loved dies that go mentally insane afterward" hence the unlocking the Susanoo power, and that felt so cheap especially when Sasuke was still rational enough to know he should lie to Suigetsu & his other tag-along.

I like Goku, in large parts because of the poison in his character, since I honestly believe that Goku probably loves fighting more than he loves his family. But beyond that I do agree with the rest of this. A lot of my favourite characters tend to be the ones I relate to, and I typically only relate to characters for the flaws, so I definitely prefer characters like that.
Should have been more clear, and said you could make the same case for Vegeta that you can for Sasuke being a bitch. They aren't one to one, which I agree on, but they are very similar to the other.

That is true some of the fault falls onto the writer of the Manga/Anime as well because lord knows how many times something has been retconned in any anime or magna and the author either has no reason or a half-ass reason as you suggested/said.

That is fine. If you like Goku than fine. If you like Vegeta than fine. People love Darth Vader and he killed a bunch of children, and yet his popular. My main point was who cares why someone in a fictional piece of work has a fanbase. People like who they like do to a connection due a flaw, a arc, or their ideas that match your own.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Should have been more clear, and said you could make the same case for Vegeta that you can for Sasuke being a bitch. They aren't one to one, which I agree on, but they are very similar to the other.

That is true some of the fault falls onto the writer of the Manga/Anime as well because lord knows how many times something has been retconned in any anime or magna and the author either has no reason or a half-ass reason as you suggested/said.

That is fine. If you like Goku than fine. If you like Vegeta than fine. People love Darth Vader and he killed a bunch of children, and yet his popular. My main point was who cares why someone in a fictional piece of work has a fanbase. People like who they like do to a connection due a flaw, a arc, or their ideas that match your own.

Oh yeah, I get now that you were just referring to Blockinlick's line about how Sasuke having a fanbase baffles him, or just like the framing of the discussion. And I get that but it's just fun having discussions about media, why certain characters are your favourites or why this person didn't click for them. I like hearing those different opinions. And after reading 700 chapters, it's sort of cathartic to complain about the problems I had, and I'm pretty sure that's why he made the post.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Oh yeah, I get now that you were just referring to Blockinlick's line about how Sasuke having a fanbase baffles him, or just like the framing of the discussion. And I get that but it's just fun having discussions about media, why certain characters are your favourites or why this person didn't click for them. I like hearing those different opinions. And after reading 700 chapters, it's sort of cathartic to complain about the problems I had, and I'm pretty sure that's why he made the post.
That's fair and it can be fun discussing media like Anime and such, but sometimes or as of late it has become a warzone in a manner of spekaing

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
That's fair and it can be fun discussing media like Anime and such, but sometimes or as of late it has become a warzone in a manner of spekaing

True, I'm aware there's been some pretty heated anime discussions (though it seems more common with video games, at least based on what I've seen). Never really seen that happen on here though, except for that Pan fan who was cool most of the time then would have random bursts of being super hateful for some reason.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
That's because this forum doesn't have any toxic individuals. We are all a civil bunch.

Anyway, regarding the topic at hand, Naruto and Sasuke have both saved each other's lives outside of the Haku fight as well. Sasuke saved Naruto from Kiri Ninja, and Naruto saved Sasuke from Orochimaru's Snake.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Anyway, regarding the topic at hand, Naruto and Sasuke have both saved each other's lives outside of the Haku fight as well. Sasuke saved Naruto from Kiri Ninja, and Naruto saved Sasuke from Orochimaru's Snake.

That's true, and I remember Sasuke was the one who was like, "eat up, Naruto", during the bells test with Kakashi. Man early Naruto was so good. Still though, for me, a believable friendship isn't just saving people out of pickles. With how much the series main plot threads and themes came down to Sasuke & Naruto being close friends, I just don't think the early series showed enough to make me believe that. Or at least, enough for me to get invested in it the relationship to care for as long, and to want Sasuke saved with how much he falls to the darkness.

I think of Gungrave, which has a very similar best friends turned enemy, and that anime spent a lot of time developing the Brandon & Harry's history together, their dynamic, and moments to let them be friends. Gungrave has a whole slew of other problems, but I think that handled this kind of story arc much better, in the anime. In the source game they handle it very differently.

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, the two are definitely close in Part I. Maybe not enough to justify Naruto wanting to rescue Sasuke from darkness after failing during the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, at least during the Five Kage Summit Arc, but they definitely had a brotherly bond.

If I'm being honest, Naruto's obsession over Sasuke doesn't even bother me half as much as the child of prophecy and destiny themes that are introduced in mid to late Part II. I'm not saying those themes are bad, but they're terrible in a series like Naruto.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Your sentiments are shared by many

1625472788594.png

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
If I'm being honest, Naruto's obsession over Sasuke doesn't even bother me half as much as the child of prophecy and destiny themes that are introduced in mid to late Part II. I'm not saying those themes are bad, but they're terrible in a series like Naruto.

Oh 1000% percent. Few things turn me off a series more than the "Chosen one" destiny route, way too Shonen series do this, but I think Naruto might be the worst example of it. I loved the Naruto/Hinata/Neji stuff in the Chunin exams, and young me found that stuff very inspirational but it turns out Neji was actually right along.

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Oh 1000% percent. Few things turn me off a series more than the "Chosen one" destiny route, way too Shonen series do this, but I think Naruto might be the worst example of it. I loved the Naruto/Hinata/Neji stuff in the Chunin exams, and young me found that stuff very inspirational but it turns out Neji was actually right along.
Naruto being the Nine Tails Jinchuuriki and the Fourth Hokage's son is all he really needed to be.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
how popular was sasuke as naruto came out? i mean he ranked first in the rankings after the first one! but the rankings stopped in my manga before the im gonna destroy konoha shit!

I still think the five kage summit is the worst arc in all of naruto yes the war arc was long but five kage summit was sauke at his worst i mean war arc sasuke gets stopped before he does more stupid shit!
Damn i didnt found the meme!

I mean the uchiha where so badly written that they where retconned to have brain damage! That increases Emotion!
To be fair naruto was never really about getting stronger when youre a nobody it was about trying to fix a broken World! I mean naruto actual Goal post hakus death is to fix the World and People in it! that whole succeding despite all odds is more a Rock lee Maito gai thing!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
how popular was sasuke as naruto came out? i mean he ranked first in the rankings after the first one! but the rankings stopped in my manga before the im gonna destroy konoha shit!

I still think the five kage summit is the worst arc in all of naruto yes the war arc was long but five kage summit was sauke at his worst i mean war arc sasuke gets stopped before he does more stupid shit!
Damn i didnt found the meme!

I mean the uchiha where so badly written that they where retconned to have brain damage! That increases Emotion!

Sasuke's always been pretty popular. He does well in every popularity poll the series ever had (usually in the top three, he's won first a few times), the last one was around chapter 530, Sasuke placed second and that was during the War arc. Viz a;sp recently did a Boruto Popularity Poll and Sasuke ranked fifth, his worse ranking but still not bad. Based on Myanimelist's favourites, Sasuke is the fourth most popular character in Naruto, losing to Naruto, Itachi, & Kakashi in that order.

I too, hated that retcon.

To be fair naruto was never really about getting stronger when youre a nobody it was about trying to fix a broken World! I mean naruto actual Goal post hakus death is to fix the World and People in it! that whole succeding despite all odds is more a Rock lee Maito gai thing!

I don't agree with that, the core of Naruto's character from the very beginning was his loneliness and desire to be accepted by his peers, something that he ended up accomplishing by the Chunin Exams by working hard, determination, and getting stronger. That's why I loved Naruto as a kid, I saw him as a pretty big source of inspiration. The series definitely became about the World the further along it got, but I don't think it's as early as Haku. That definitely introduces the topic, but what sticks out to me about that is how much Naruto & Haku related to each-other, as person born unwanted.

Even if fixing the broken world was what Naruto was about the whole time, the Neji story arc was explicitly about whether or not someone was capable of changing from their pre-destined route, about whether a person's value is dictated by birth. Naruto said that was BS during Hinata's fight, and Naruto himself was the main counter to Neji's point, defeating him with the very same Jutsu that caused Naruto to fail the Graduation exam several times.

Then it was revealed that Naruto is the most special ninja ever born, legitimate prophecy child, so Neji was basically right. And Rock Lee might've served as a good counter despite Naruto's destiny importance, but Rock Lee literally does nothing after the time-skip (in the manga at least, I think anime filler gives him something to do). so he's proving Neji right too basically.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: