DBF Community Chat Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I mentioned this guy in the chat just a day ago and look what happens...

a814dD3_700b.jpg

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Well it's Joel Osteen, so it's already shady, no doubt he wanted to hide it there for his wife's next round of plastic surgery...maybe some new boobs, or another face lift? Why pay for it when the church can pay for it?

...televangelists...
Never trust a megachurch when you can't see where the money is going.

EDIT: Actually, never trust a megachurch in general lol

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed, damn factories of deceit. I've got this thing right beside where I live: https://ccv.church/peoria Horrifying.
I don't know anything about that one. I have only ever trusted one big ministry and that is because their foundation is about God's word and they don't look to profit off people using the bible. You can tell when they are always trying to sell you stuff or promise you things. So many of the big ones do this.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't know anything about that one. I have only ever trusted one big ministry and that is because their foundation is about God's word and they don't look to profit off people using the bible. You can tell when they are always trying to sell you stuff or promise you things. So many of the big ones do this.
CCV is one of those megachurches that is all about pushing numbers through their doors, collecting money, and then pushing their "members" towards their other "services" as much as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
CCV is one of those megachurches that is all about pushing numbers through their doors, collecting money, and then pushing their "members" towards their other "services" as much as possible.
That would be one looking for profit, not faith. Can't trust those. It amazes me that people can do this stuff to others and not bat an eye.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That would be one looking for profit, not faith. Can't trust those. It amazes me that people can do this stuff to others and not bat an eye.
Yep, that's all they're about, and you see everyone rolling out of their stadium parking lot with their CCV stickers on their windshields, each one costing $10 a piece. I'm sure they're all about helping people find faith ;)

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yep, that's all they're about, and you see everyone rolling out of their stadium parking lot with their CCV stickers on their windshields, each one costing $10 a piece. I'm sure they're all about helping people find faith ;)
I am sure it does help some people but at their own literal expenses. The shame of it all.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I am sure it does help some people but at their own literal expenses. The shame of it all.
Agreed, when you compare those places to the little old school churches where people are welcome, go to spend time with their friends and family, and so on...it's night and day. I'm not religious, but I can appreciation those who find comfort in those sort of churches, they're basically little communities and families, and that's great.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Agreed, when you compare those places to the little old school churches where people are welcome, go to spend time with their friends and family, and so on...it's night and day. I'm not religious, but I can appreciation those who find comfort in those sort of churches, they're basically little communities and families, and that's great.
Yeah, it is another world. You can tell by the energy of the people what kind of church it is. It should be about bringing people together and caring for one another, not profit margins.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, it is another world. You can tell by the energy of the people what kind of church it is. It should be about bringing people together and caring for one another, not profit margins.
Yeah, fund more of those types of churches, not these giant warehouses. Do you really feel like a part of something when you go to that? Does the preacher even know your name? Does he care if you're struggling and that sermon he's giving might be the thing that pulls you back from the brink? Nah, he just wants to get those donations in. Like I said, I can respect those little churches where a pastor knows his congregation, where they can rally around someone that's struggling and try to help them, where there's an actual sense of belonging. That's a good thing, no matter what religion it is or what you personally believe, places like that are good for those who join it.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, fund more of those types of churches, not these giant warehouses. Do you really feel like a part of something when you go to that? Does the preacher even know your name? Does he care if you're struggling and that sermon he's giving might be the thing that pulls you back from the brink? Nah, he just wants to get those donations in. Like I said, I can respect those little churches where a pastor knows his congregation, where they can rally around someone that's struggling and try to help them, where there's an actual sense of belonging. That's a good thing, no matter what religion it is or what you personally believe, places like that are good for those who join it.
This all makes me want to move to a small town where it is like one big family and everyone knows each other and works together to make life easier for each other.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
This all makes me want to move to a small town where it is like one big family and everyone knows each other and works together to make life easier for each other.
Yep, so much gets lost in city life or even big town life, everyone just cares for themselves unless they can be shown to be caring for something, then the mask goes on, the big fake smile comes out and the "wow, what a wonderful person I am" attitude sprouts up. Small town, they do for each other all the time because they know each other, care about each other. Still drama, sure, but at least most of the time they rally around to help one another.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yep, so much gets lost in city life or even big town life, everyone just cares for themselves unless they can be shown to be caring for something, then the mask goes on, the big fake smile comes out and the "wow, what a wonderful person I am" attitude sprouts up. Small town, they do for each other all the time because they know each other, care about each other. Still drama, sure, but at least most of the time they rally around to help one another.
I think that is why crime is more of an issue in a city. It isn't that there are more people but a total loss of community.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I think that is why crime is more of an issue in a city. It isn't that there are more people but a total loss of community.
Yep, definitely. People don't look out for one another in the cities, they see crime happen and record it, rather than try to stop it. Makes sense when you've got millions of people in one area rather than a few hundred or even a couple of thousand.

• Agree
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: