DBF Community Chat Thread

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Well this is the closest thing to a 'random' thread we have, might as well put this here.

A friend of mine has officially ruined drive thrus for me. I drive a Golf, it's a small car and I love it for the mileage, but it sits lower than a lot of other vehicles. I was driving around with my friend earlier running a couple of errands and we stopped at a Sonic drive-thru to pick up a drink (happy hour, ftw!). No big deal, done that thousands of times and never thought twice about what I was doing when I would hand the person at the window my card and pick up whatever I ordered. My friend, however, who is a female and very quick to tease me on all things women since I'm currently single and oh so very alone, gave me that look that people give when they know they've caught you doing something you shouldn't be doing. She started busting up laughing and I had no idea what I'd just done, because I quite literally just went to the drive-thru window, paid for our drinks, got said drinks, thanked the girl at the window and drove away. I asked my friend what's gotten into her and she asked me if I'd enjoyed the view. I asked her what she meant and she said oh right, like you didn't just spend that whole time looking at her tits, I'm sure she's grateful for the compliment. I got a bit confused as to what she was talking about, because I had quite literally spent the entire time looking at her hands as I gave her my card, got my card back, picked up both drinks and then glanced up at her face to thank her as I drove away. However, it was at that point I realized she was also right...my car sits at just the right height that my eyes are at boob level for every girl at a drive-thru, so when I'm looking into the drive-thru window, despite looking at their hands, it looked to my friend like I was just enjoying the view, and I openly admit, this particular girl was not skimping in the chest department, but that is legitimately not where my focus was at the time.

Now I can't stop thinking about all of the different times I've gone to a drive-thru with a female working and how she probably thought I was just staring at her boobs when I was actually looking at her hands to complete the transaction. It's going to be on my brain every single time I go through a drive-thru from now on in...she's just completely ruined drive-thrus for me, because now all I'm going to think is "don't look there, look up!" and that means I'm going to either make it awkward because I'm trying not to look, or make it even more obvious that my eyes are at that level if I do indeed look at her hands like I always do to the point that she'll definitely think I'm some creepy perv checking her out. Ugh. I hate having friends that know how to get to you...

Anyone else have a friend that knows how to push your buttons and made you completely overthink something that used to be a simple thing?

...so we remember my little drive-thru scenario, and the friend who pushes my buttons, right? Well...I'm pretty positive I'm falling for her, and that's not a good thing. We're entirely different people with two radically different viewpoints on things. She's got three kids (18. 17 and 3), she's been in abusive relationships with absolutely pathetic excuses for human beings, and we've got a good thing going as friends...I don't want to screw that up. But at the same time, these past few days we've been just talking, about nothing at all, really, and I find myself really liking being around her, wanting to be around her more, and...well...finding her physically attractive (she is attractive, but I always brushed that aside before, because she's a friend, now...well...I'm noticing...). I caught myself watching her make food in the kitchen the other day and kept staring at her ass when she turned away from me, and staring at her boobs when she was facing or sideways to me and not looking. I've never done that before, and I don't usually do that in general because I try to be respectful of women, but...I can't not look around her. I don't want to change the dynamics of our relationship, she's a fantastic friend (even when she puts me into embarrassing trains of thought like the quote above), and I absolutely hate myself for feeling the way I do about her. We can't possibly work in that context, we both know that, and yet here I am desperate for a physical and intellectual relationship with her. Need to turn my mind onto other things, find something to occupy my mind and try to get my mind back to thinking of her the same way as before. How did my brain manage to do this to me? Logic go bye bye when horny meter maxes out...ugh...

Need to un-moron myself, but how?

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Very few people who are straight can have a friendship with the opposite sex without developing feelings. Unless you grew up together or are "friends through the family" it is kind of hard to avoid. This is especially true when one or both people are attractive. You will have to wait it out or find someone else to tickle your fancy.

• Agree
Reactions: Yoshi

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Just go with your gut.

No, my gut's a moron, if I follow that path it changes things and it just ends badly.

Very few people who are straight can have a friendship with the opposite sex without developing feelings. Unless you grew up together or are "friends through the family" it is kind of hard to avoid. This is especially true when one or both people are attractive. You will have to wait it out or find someone else to tickle your fancy.

We've been friends for a good while, and known each other for over 15 years at this point without it becoming an issue. It's extremely annoying, because I want to spend time talking to her and enjoying her friendship, but if you've ever been attracted to someone you can't have, then you sort of get why that's a bad situation, as well...Also hasn't happened with any of my other female friends, we get on just fine and sex plays no part in our relationships, it's just this particular friend and in just this past short while. Primal man second brain want hanky panky, thinky man first brain go sleep now...Makes no sense after this long as friends...

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That's why it's good to develop a brother or sister type relationship with the opposite sex.
That's kind of the problem, I DO have that sort of a relationship with her, or at least I thought I did...certainly never had feelings for any of my actual siblings!

• Informative
Reactions: Yoshi

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
We've been friends for a good while, and known each other for over 15 years at this point without it becoming an issue. It's extremely annoying, because I want to spend time talking to her and enjoying her friendship, but if you've ever been attracted to someone you can't have, then you sort of get why that's a bad situation, as well...Also hasn't happened with any of my other female friends, we get on just fine and sex plays no part in our relationships, it's just this particular friend and in just this past short while. Primal man second brain want hanky panky, thinky man first brain go sleep now...Makes no sense after this long as friends...
You are lonely you said. Maybe you are at a point where you subconsciously want a partner and in your general circle, she is the best fit according to your noodle. Maybe because she is a good mother and a good cook. This is appealing to that nature. I would just wait for it to pass or try going out and meeting new women.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
You are lonely you said. Maybe you are at a point where you subconsciously want a partner and in your general circle, she is the best fit according to your noodle. Maybe because she is a good mother and a good cook. This is appealing to that nature. I would just wait for it to pass or try going out and meeting new women.
Fair point, maybe it is because she's the most appealing of my circle and yeah, loneliness is a factor for me of late. I get that sort of trapped feeling with the virus going around and having to be en guard around my mother at all times, making sure she's taken care of...suppose that part makes a lot of sense. I do need to get out and meet new women, that's definitely true, particularly as it would be nice to find that sort of companionship, but I'm also really introverted and non-talkative until I get to know someone, which makes it difficult, particularly as I've gotten older, to get to know women who don't just see me as some creepy guy who doesn't talk a lot.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Fair point, maybe it is because she's the most appealing of my circle and yeah, loneliness is a factor for me of late. I get that sort of trapped feeling with the virus going around and having to be en guard around my mother at all times, making sure she's taken care of...suppose that part makes a lot of sense. I do need to get out and meet new women, that's definitely true, particularly as it would be nice to find that sort of companionship, but I'm also really introverted and non-talkative until I get to know someone, which makes it difficult, particularly as I've gotten older, to get to know women who don't just see me as some creepy guy who doesn't talk a lot.
I am the same way. You will branch out for the right one. I am only married today because I made the first move with Jay. :deal:

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, when I said I was improving my social life, I did recently reach out to some more people I wasn't in contact with in a long time because of the virus. They all either live out of town, keep to themselves because of said virus, or are just flakes LOL. Also, one of them is in college.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I am the same way. You will branch out for the right one. I am only married today because I made the first move with Jay. :deal:

Not to mention it's also incredibly hot if the woman makes the first move...:haha:

I'll give it a try, I'm just a socially awkward person, which is why I've never had much luck with the opposite sex outside of friendships and few failed relationships. I just know that, as I'm starting to get older I'm wanting that partnership, that companionship more and more. Finding someone that wants that, as well, and not just a fling AND can deal with someone whose anything but a social butterfly...it's tough...

Yeah, when I said I was improving my social life, I did recently reach out to some more people I wasn't in contact with in a long time because of the virus. They all either live out of town, keep to themselves because of said virus, or are just flakes LOL. Also, one of them is in college.

That's definitely a good thing, for sure. Reaching out, getting in touch with past friends and acquaintances and starting it back up is a great thing. I did that before, when I tried to use FB, but as my social media usage has dropped to basically nothing, those friendships have also fallen away. It's hard to be sociable when you're anti-social :D

Reactions: Yoshi and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'll give it a try, I'm just a socially awkward person, which is why I've never had much luck with the opposite sex outside of friendships and few failed relationships. I just know that, as I'm starting to get older I'm wanting that partnership, that companionship more and more. Finding someone that wants that, as well, and not just a fling AND can deal with someone whose anything but a social butterfly...it's tough...
There are a lot of women out there who want the same thing. Just have to branch out a bit more. If all else fails, get that British accent back. Women in America love that accent. lol

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
There are a lot of women out there who want the same thing. Just have to branch out a bit more. If all else fails, get that British accent back. Women in America love that accent. lol
I've met some that have said that's what they want, but of those, a couple were just interested in a little fooling around, a couple seemed like there was a chance and then they ghosted me, and the rest got to know me a little bit and bolted when they realized I really am the social misfit I come across as :D.

I'm not the clubbing type, so that's out, but maybe when the world goes back to normal I'll start hitting up conventions, meet me a fellow nerd :D.

As for the accent, get me around a couple of Brits and comes back out again...might be a neat tool in the arsenal!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I've met some that have said that's what they want, but of those, a couple were just interested in a little fooling around, a couple seemed like there was a chance and then they ghosted me, and the rest got to know me a little bit and bolted when they realized I really am the social misfit I come across as :D.

I'm not the clubbing type, so that's out, but maybe when the world goes back to normal I'll start hitting up conventions, meet me a fellow nerd :D.
You are still young and you'll meet the right gal eventually. Some whamen can be indecisive.

As for the accent, get me around a couple of Brits and comes back out again...might be a neat tool in the arsenal!
giphy.gif

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
My birthday is in two months. So I was wondering what you guys think I should get for my birthday. Here's what I thought of so far:

Manga:
Rurouni Kenshin
Toriko
Magi
Attack On Titan

Video Games:
Mega Man Legacy Collections
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series
Dragon Quest Franchise
Final Fantasy Franchise

VHSES/DVDS/Blu Rays:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Teen Titans
Ed, Edd, N Eddy
The Looney Tunes Show

I would like to get three total, preferably one out of each of these entertainment mediums. Any suggestions?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
You are still young and you'll meet the right gal eventually. Some whamen can be indecisive.

Oh I know how indecisive some womenz can be! Just need to find the ones that aren't, but most of them are taken because, well, they went after what they wanted! I'm hitting that point where I know what I want, as well, and I know that's something I need in my life. Not just the physical stuff, though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy that for the first little while after so long without, but moreso for that partnership, the knowing there's someone there whose you're best friend, your partner, your storyteller and your sounding board all in one go. I wax idiotic here daily, and that's great because it helps, but having that person in my life to share with...I'd give anything for that!

giphy.gif

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: