DBF Community Chat Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
She was a bit upset that I sprayed the garden beds without saying anything (which I did because they were almost entirely weeds at that point) :shock:

Fortunately she was too stressed about her thesis (submitted yesterday) to think any more about it..
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

They can grow pretty fast anyways so just plant her some new ones to make up for it.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
We actually pulled it from over our fence where they were growing in the midst of millions of weeds. I tried spraying around those ones the other day, so there might still be some that are okay.

Reactions: Beerus

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
We're heading into Winter for my first year in an almost Arctic town, so I have to be mindful of keeping my dog outside when we go away for overnights.

So naturally my first thought was to buy IoT temperature sensors to put in his crate and outside to keep track of the differentials and how warm his bed is.

:krillinpalm:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
We're heading into Winter for my first year in an almost Arctic town, so I have to be mindful of keeping my dog outside when we go away for overnights.

So naturally my first thought was to buy IoT temperature sensors to put in his crate and outside to keep track of the differentials and how warm his bed is.

How cold does it get?

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
How cold does it get?
It's regularly hitting 0 (32 F). In Winter some days could get as low as -5 (23), and may absolutely low of -10 (14).

Where I was before was around -2 on a bad night. And he was outside before, so he  is equipped to deal with it, but I'd rather not push it.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's regularly hitting 0 (32 F). In Winter some days could get as low as -5 (23), and may absolutely low of -10 (14).

Where I was before was around -2 on a bad night. And he was outside before, so he  is equipped to deal with it, but I'd rather not push it.
I didn't know it got that cold in Australia . Is that just at night?

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
I didn't know it got that cold in Australia . Is that just at night?
Usually. We have a ski resort town somewhere and a few mountainous places with snow. The town I'm in now very occasionally gets small amounts. It's not Winter yet and tops out about 54 F at the moment.

My old town doesn't get snow, but once in a while the nearby mountain gets a small amount and everyone takes off to go check it out.

Bear in mind a large chunk of our country is also desert so...  very cold there overnight there.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Usually. We have a ski resort town somewhere and a few mountainous places with snow. The town I'm in now very occasionally gets small amounts. It's not Winter yet and tops out about 54 F at the moment.

My old town doesn't get snow, but once in a while the nearby mountain gets a small amount and everyone takes off to go check it out.

Bear in mind a large chunk of our country is also desert so...  very cold there overnight there.
Yeah I forget that it has a large desert area. It gets pretty cold at night down south in the US in AZ and Texas.

• Informative
Reactions: Giga Hertz

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Discovered the temperatures had shifted and the crate was colder than the verandah.

Checked the cameras; the dingus has moved his crate to the lawn. Hope the automatic sprinklers don't go off tonight.

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Discovered the temperatures had shifted and the crate was colder than the verandah.

Checked the cameras; the dingus has moved his crate to the lawn. Hope the automatic sprinklers don't go off tonight.

Having a party while you are gone :haha:

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
He also managed to tip the crate over. But he was smart enough to keep his bed off the wet grass and out of the way of the sprinklers.

I think he's just a jerk.

• Funny

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Is it summer where you people at? It's winter here, gotta enjoy the only 2 months of little cold, since outside it, it's been hot to the point that walking out is difficult, sleeping is difficult...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
So my dad has heart problems (heart disease) and is on all sorts of meds. He is close to needing a pacemaker. He had to get something done for his heart and it worked but the doctor told him he needs to lose weight, stop drinking, and eat better and he basically said he is not giving up what he enjoys (drinking and eating crap) so idk what to do. My mother is a mess cause she has been telling him for years that he needs to eat better and lose weight and he has only gained weight. It seems like he just don't give a crap anymore. He still also needs his other knee replaced but no doctor will touch it until he loses weight. He is constantly in pain and feels like crap but is refusing to change.

How do you help someone that doesn't want to be helped? It is like he doesn't give a crap about any of us, food and drinking is more important than his own family.

I offered him advise, even got him things that would help him and he never uses any of it. Heart disease, the kind he has, is 100% reversible. I don't know why he won't just put in the effort to help it and help himself. Even if he just loses the excess weight and doesn't fix his diet, he can see at minimum a 50% improvement which can add years to his life.

I am dreading the day something bad happens. He is like a ticking time bomb. I can't imagine what it is like being married to someone that is just giving up like this.

I just wanted to vent about it.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Yeah, it sucks. It's entirely possible he's tried before and couldn't do it, so he's just... decided it's not worth it.

My wife's on me about my weight. I'm trying, it's very difficult to make the changes, and it always seems like nothing works. So if he has done that before... I get it. But yeah, it sucks all around.

• Friendly

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, it sucks. It's entirely possible he's tried before and couldn't do it, so he's just... decided it's not worth it.

My wife's on me about my weight. I'm trying, it's very difficult to make the changes, and it always seems like nothing works. So if he has done that before... I get it. But yeah, it sucks all around.
He has quit drinking before and has lost weight before. I don't know why this isn't driving him even more because his health is at risk.

I am hoping he is just blowing off steam and just mad cause deep down he knows he made this mess himself and has to be the one to fix it but also doesn't want to admit he is wrong for the choices he made. He dropped like 80 pounds 10 years ago and was only like 30 pounds overweight at that point. He was able to fit into size large shirts and now he is in 3XL and they are getting tight. He's got a good 150 pounds to lose now to be the weight he was back then.

I just don't want to see him take a turn for the worse suddenly. They can't afford assisted care and my mom will not be able to manage him on her own. He is way too big and stubborn.

• Friendly
Reactions: Giga Hertz

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Oof, that's a tough one.

When I realised I was over 100kg (220lb) I was like "oh crap, I need to do something" because I honestly don't see how people let themselves to get to much higher than that without realising there's a problem. It definitely wasn't easy, but I did get to under that (and haven't gone over since). Now I'm trying to get down to 90kg (just under 200lb).

It's possible it was a heat-of-the-moment thing, but a lot of people genuinely don't see the problem as long as they're "fine"

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oof, that's a tough one.

When I realised I was over 100kg (220lb) I was like "oh crap, I need to do something" because I honestly don't see how people let themselves to get to much higher than that without realising there's a problem. It definitely wasn't easy, but I did get to under that (and haven't gone over since). Now I'm trying to get down to 90kg (just under 200lb).

It's possible it was a heat-of-the-moment thing, but a lot of people genuinely don't see the problem as long as they're "fine"
I told my mom just to give him healthier stuff and less food cause he won't actually go buy food himself anymore.

Like I guess he got subway for dinner and she said she didn't put mayo and stuff on it, loaded it with veggies instead. Small changes like that will add up for someone as big as him.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: