DBF Community Chat Thread

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan

giphy.gif

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Twiggy is heading to the vet again. It was a new place and my anxiety is all over the place so I couldn't go, I probably would have had a panic attack. I had to tell him no to eating 100 times just in case they have to sedate him for an ultrasound sound or something. I feel horrible because he is nothing but skin and bones. Then he was crying and getting upset. Had to put him in a cage which he is not used to and felt even worse. I just hope this vet can tell me what is wrong with him so he can feel better. I have had him since I was 19. I'm scared to lose him.

• Friendly
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Twiggy is heading to the vet again. It was a new place and my anxiety is all over the place so I couldn't go, I probably would have had a panic attack. I had to tell him no to eating 100 times just in case they have to sedate him for an ultrasound sound or something. I feel horrible because he is nothing but skin and bones. Then he was crying and getting upset. Had to put him in a cage which he is not used to and felt even worse. I just hope this vet can tell me what is wrong with him so he can feel better. I have had him since I was 19. I'm scared to lose him.
I'm sorry to hear that, and I totally understand why it's got your anxiety playing up. Hopefully this new vet is a good one and can give you some genuine options for Twiggy, he really could do with a bit of a break. When he gets back just spoil the hell out of him :)

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, it's absolutely awful, so hoping for the best for him and you :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm sorry to hear that, and I totally understand why it's got your anxiety playing up. Hopefully this new vet is a good one and can give you some genuine options for Twiggy, he really could do with a bit of a break. When he gets back just spoil the hell out of him :)

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, it's absolutely awful, so hoping for the best for him and you :)
I don't know how he will be, he is going to his first female vet so I hope he behaves. The normal vet, he tries to kill (this was the one I worked for) and the other vet he saw last year had to have 3 people help him. I just hope that she can figure out something those two couldn't. There has to be something that can be done to help him.

• Friendly

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't know how he will be, he is going to his first female vet so I hope he behaves. The normal vet, he tries to kill (this was the one I worked for) and the other vet he saw last year had to have 3 people help him. I just hope that she can figure out something those two couldn't. There has to be something that can be done to help him.
Maybe he'll be better with a female vet? It does happen that way at times, particularly if he's around you all the time and Jay's his only contact with men outside of vets. Could be a lot easier for a female vet to get to know him. Just keep him cuddled next to her chest for a minute, and like all male animals, he'll calm right down :D.

Seriously, though, I do truly hope she'll be able to help and be able to give you some real answers this time. Nothing worse than a "we don't know what's causing this" when the littlest members of your family are struggling. Hoping for the best :)

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Seriously, though, I do truly hope she'll be able to help and be able to give you some real answers this time. Nothing worse than a "we don't know what's causing this" when the littlest members of your family are struggling. Hoping for the best :)
Yeah me too. He is otherwise healthy on paper so there has to be something going on that the blood work and urine tests aren't showing.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
He is going to be put under and an ultrasound is being done. So hopefully we will know something from this because it is not cheap. I know he is not going to like getting a needle in his arm. I hope he doesn't hurt anyone.

• Friendly

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah me too. He is otherwise healthy on paper so there has to be something going on that the blood work and urine tests aren't showing.

He is going to be put under and an ultrasound is being done. So hopefully we will know something from this because it is not cheap. I know he is not going to like getting a needle in his arm. I hope he doesn't hurt anyone.

Hoping for the best. There's got to be something there bothering him, for sure, so here's hoping it gets discovered, and it's just something easily fixed. :)

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
You mean he's a man, confirmed. Lets the womens have their way with him. ;)

Glad he didn't fight them, now hopefully it's good news!
Yeah, what is funny is that he is partial to men. He doesn't like most women. So this vet should take this as a pretty hefty compliment. lol

EDIT: maybe he just associates male doctors with him losing his balls... I mean I would be mad at them too lol

• Funny

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, what is funny is that he is partial to men. He doesn't like most women. So this vet should take this as a pretty hefty compliment. lol

EDIT: maybe he just associates male doctors with him losing his balls... I mean I would be mad at them too lol
"This one's already lost theirs...I guess I'll trust it. For now..."

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Well, I finally got an answer. It was not what I thought and what I was afraid to hear. He has bladder cancer. The vet feels this medication she gave will help shrink the tumor enough to restore his normal bladder function though and he will feel better and put weight back on. I keep crying because any time I hear cancer I think the worst. She said he is otherwise healthy and has great eyesight, a healthy heart and lungs, and doesn't need to be on a special diet like the other vet told me.

• Friendly

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Well, I finally got an answer. It was not what I thought and what I was afraid to hear. He has bladder cancer. The vet feels this medication she gave will help shrink the tumor enough to restore his normal bladder function though and he will feel better and put weight back on. I keep crying because any time I hear cancer I think the worst. She said he is otherwise healthy and has great eyesight, a healthy heart and lungs, and doesn't need to be on a special diet like the other vet told me.
That's awesome! Not that he has bladder cancer, but that you have an answer, a hopefully successful treatment, and means for him to get back to normal. Hoping the best for you and Twiggy :)

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's awesome! Not that he has bladder cancer, but that you have an answer, a hopefully successful treatment, and means for him to get back to normal. Hoping the best for you and Twiggy :)
I didn't sleep well. I'm still a mess but he appears to be high out of his damn mind. I don't know if this is the stuff wearing off from yesterday or the prescription. He didn't go to sleep for the longest time. I am hoping he is more himself later today.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I didn't sleep well. I'm still a mess but he appears to be high out of his damn mind. I don't know if this is the stuff wearing off from yesterday or the prescription. He didn't go to sleep for the longest time. I am hoping he is more himself later today.
That's a shame, though hopefully just the residuals from Yesterday. He did have quite a big day, so would make sense he's still coming down from the anesthetics. Hope he perks up a bit and is more himself today!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's a shame, though hopefully just the residuals from Yesterday. He did have quite a big day, so would make sense he's still coming down from the anesthetics. Hope he perks up a bit and is more himself today!
He is at least sleeping now. He is in his bed. Had some food and kept it down which is great.

• Love
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: