DBF Community Chat Thread

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I mean if you are happier and stuff, do what works for you. I can't understand the process or anything as I have never gone through this but I won't treat you any differently. I never really given stuff like this half a thought until it became an excuse for some people to be abusive to others and become irrational assholes but I never got that from you. You know I have a dark sense of humor at times so don't take anything related to the topic as a personal attack or anything, but I think you know that. I spend a lot of time online, memes are my second language. lol

However.... This means we will have a sister rivalry now...

CATFIGHT!

giphy.gif
I know, you have a dark sense of humor as I do so, and I can tell when something is a personal attack and when something isn't. And I understand memes being a second as it for me as well. That also means we gotta set a date for our fight and sell it like YouTubers.
This sounds like a lot of stress. I have bipolar disorder too, but changing genders sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth, even in the end. But do what makes you happy as long as it's not immoral, which changing genders is not immoral as far as I'm concerned. If you want to speak to anyone about this, we can talk to each other on Discord.
Yeah, it has been stressful, but I have been able to handle it and such and I feel better for doing it. The most stressful part was telling people about it and such as I have be worried about others would think and all so, but I have gotten to point of just caring what others think and just do me. And I will remember that, and thank you

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know, you have a dark sense of humor as I do so, and I can tell when something is a personal attack and when something isn't. And I understand memes being a second as it for me as well. That also means we gotta set a date for our fight and sell it like YouTubers.
Should pull a Jake Paul and do it in the octagon!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Punkhead

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
So many of y'all may have noticed for a while that I wouldn't get online for quite some time then appear and rinse a repeat. Some of that was my internet being shit and changing providers, a good part of it was family bullshit, but a lot of it was just because I didn't feel getting on the internet as a whole in general. This is mainly because I just didn't want to talk to no one, mainly because I was always stressed and pissed due to said bullshit, as well as the fact that everything became repetitive and stale, minus this forum, to me and that made certain things boring to me. As well, my mental health began taking a toll on me as well because I would skip days of taking my medicine and that didn't help and constant family drama and bullshit just pushed me to my edge more or less in a manner of speaking. As well, I just had a bad outlook on life and had views and opinions that just made me bitter and hateful, I suppose you can say. There is one major thing though I wanted to say, but have been hiding it from it everyone, especially on here, for about a year now.

I am a trans-woman now, and I have been for year now. I'll explain my story or well give a shorthand version of it. This all happened on April 20, 2020, my birthday, when that night I went to go to sleep, and suddenly this rush of emotions hit me and I just broke down. Like a major breakdown and everything, and even to this day I have no clue why it happened, but the next day I went to the doctor and told him everything that happened and he looked over my file, my old doctor retired and so I had to find a new one. He asked me a weird question that struck me. He said, "I guess, you decided not to transition." I looked at him puzzled and come to find out when I was younger, about 14 or 15, my mom had me "tested" for Gender Dysphoria, but for some reason my brain had blocked that memory, you could say. Later that day when I went to my therapist for my Bipolar Disorder and such, like I have been doing to a degree, and I mentioned this to her and she said it could a couple of things that made me block or I was forced to block it, either way I had to ask my mom about this. So I did and we got into a big fight and I ended up leaving her and my stepdad because I just had enough of everything and I stayed at a friend's house for a while.

About a week later, she called and wanted to meet me and talk everything out. I agreed, but it had to be on a neutral ground. So we went to my step-grandmother's and we talked. She ended up confessing to me a bunch of things and admitted that she wasn't a great mother especially towards me, and so I asked her if she was willing to try now, since I believe people should get a second chance. Fast forward some time and I began transitioning to a woman, and began changing all my legal stuff and such. I soon was able to accept myself for who I was and finally felt like I belong now. I did regret not doing this earlier like when I was 18 or even 21 really, but you can't live your life according to the what ifs. Afterwards, my mom's and I relationship got a bit better, it is still a work in progress, and even my relationship with my step-dad got better to the point where he asked me to be his daughter, or basically he asked if he adopt me.

A lot of good happen, but a lot of bad happened as well. My four siblings have pretty much disowned, but fuck them anyways. I have lost a good amount of friends, but gained some better ones and found out who really has my back, which is very few. Recently, though and why I haven't been online or just hopping on and off is because I began rethinking about things I enjoyed and I spend way too much time on the internet so I decided on a break would the best, and it has been. I limit my time and do/watch things I enjoy now. I have also began changing my view on life and adopting different philosophies as well, which has helped me and means I have became less of edge lord, less hateful, and all around just more chill.

That is pretty much everything that has been happening and why I have been distant, you could say, and as for pronouns and all of that, since I figured that would be asked. I use She/her, but you can keep calling me Seto as I have used that name forever and I am not that picky about it and such. Plus, there are too many people on this forum that use my real name. Remember I am rational not crazy, lol. Also, even if you don't agree, or whatever word you want to use, with being transgender or even transitioning all I ask for is respect and that is it. So yeah, also as of yesterday I have been approved for my GRS, which is both good and scary for a couple of reasons, and that is all and I will you all on the flip side.

First of all, massive respect for your ability to be open and to come out like this. It's a struggle and a very hard decision to make, and anyone that can go forward with something as massive as transitioning deserves all the respect in the world, IMO. Second, I was actually very suspicious that this was what you were going to say from the moment you said you wanted to provide a massive update, I was actually going to message you in private, but felt it was inappropriate to poke my nose in on your personal business. I know far more about gender dysphoria than I tend to let on because of how I was raised by my mother (not sure if I ever told that story on here, I might one day), and I've got a fair few friends who are trans, as well, so if there's ever anything you want to talk about, my inbox is always open! I know it's a very hard thing to pursue, it comes with a lot of built-in hate from people who don't approve or understand of what it is to be trans, and that can be hard to bear (ignorance can make good people horrible), but know that you have a built-in ally right here ;).

I wish you nothing but the best as you progress with transitioning, and congrats on being approved for GRS, as well, that's a big step!

Oh as for an update... I swear Baby Chungus is growing every day now. He is a plump little guy. I will have to film his release at the end of July.

Yay, he'll be a big bunny boy by then!

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Should pull a Jake Paul and do it in the octagon!

giphy.gif
Hell yeah!
First of all, massive respect for your ability to be open and to come out like this. It's a struggle and a very hard decision to make, and anyone that can go forward with something as massive as transitioning deserves all the respect in the world, IMO. Second, I was actually very suspicious that this was what you were going to say from the moment you said you wanted to provide a massive update, I was actually going to message you in private, but felt it was inappropriate to poke my nose in on your personal business. I know far more about gender dysphoria than I tend to let on because of how I was raised by my mother (not sure if I ever told that story on here, I might one day), and I've got a fair few friends who are trans, as well, so if there's ever anything you want to talk about, my inbox is always open! I know it's a very hard thing to pursue, it comes with a lot of built-in hate from people who don't approve or understand of what it is to be trans, and that can be hard to bear (ignorance can make good people horrible), but know that you have a built-in ally right here ;).

I wish you nothing but the best as you progress with transitioning, and congrats on being approved for GRS, as well, that's a big step!
Thank you and I would have done before now, but like I said it was something I was afraid of for multiple of reasons. That is oddly weird that you had that suspicion, but if you woul have messaged I more than likely would have told. That is great to hear, and I will remember that.

Thank you so much, and it really is. Just sucks I have three months to prepare and not like six months and have to go out of state, lol.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Thank you and I would have done before now, but like I said it was something I was afraid of for multiple of reasons.

Totally understandable, absolutely. Some people turn their backs on trans people just for being themselves, as you've found out, some people are misinformed and have ignorant viewpoints, as you've probably also found out, and others just plain don't understand. It's hard to lose friends and loved ones because of their own issues or ignorance, so I totally understand people delaying coming out for as long as possible. Then you find others who become even better friends than you thought possible because they do understand, or you find new friends you never could have foreseen meeting prior to coming out, so it's not all bad, but it's a massive challenge and a huge step in life to take. You have my eternal respect for taking that step!

That is oddly weird that you had that suspicion, but if you woul have messaged I more than likely would have told.

Yeah, I have a fair few decent insights into gender dysphoria, so I suppose I can kind of see it in people. Not saying you said or did anything to "out" yourself, more the secrecy prior to posting that spoke volumes. I didn't want to pry too much, because I know how hard it is to come out and say something and I didn't want to seem like I was forcing your hand.

That is great to hear, and I will remember that.

Dead serious -- any time you want or need to chat, I'm always available. No judgements, just someone who understands and a sympathetic ear :)

Thank you so much, and it really is. Just sucks I have three months to prepare and not like six months and have to go out of state, lol.

Wow, just three months? That's pretty fast! I wish you all the best with it, I'm sure it'll go just fine :)

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Totally understandable, absolutely. Some people turn their backs on trans people just for being themselves, as you've found out, some people are misinformed and have ignorant viewpoints, as you've probably also found out, and others just plain don't understand. It's hard to lose friends and loved ones because of their own issues or ignorance, so I totally understand people delaying coming out for as long as possible. Then you find others who become even better friends than you thought possible because they do understand, or you find new friends you never could have foreseen meeting prior to coming out, so it's not all bad, but it's a massive challenge and a huge step in life to take. You have my eternal respect for taking that step!

Yeah, I have a fair few decent insights into gender dysphoria, so I suppose I can kind of see it in people. Not saying you said or did anything to "out" yourself, more the secrecy prior to posting that spoke volumes. I didn't want to pry too much, because I know how hard it is to come out and say something and I didn't want to seem like I was forcing your hand.

Dead serious -- any time you want or need to chat, I'm always available. No judgements, just someone who understands and a sympathetic ear :)

Wow, just three months? That's pretty fast! I wish you all the best with it, I'm sure it'll go just fine :)
True, and I have been helping my mom, my dad, and my nieces and nephews understand as they just didn't understand and are willing to learn. As for my siblings well, that is a whole different story that has been years in the making. Some of the friends I lost I am happy I lost because they were just awful people to put it bluntly, but the same time I gained friends that have been helping and have been the nicest people I have meet so it has balanced itself out. Yes, it has been a massive challenge and huge step, but I am glad I finally took it.

Fair point and yeah if there is one thing I am good at besides memes and remembering old ass shows and such is secrecy and telling with without showing, I suppose you can say. Honestly, I wouldn't have seen it as you "forcing my hand" because I know you would have done it a respectful way.

Alright and thank you.

Thank you, and I am hoping everything will be fine. Yeah, it is pretty fast because like I said I was hoping for like six months or so to mentally prepare myself and all, but nah. I get three months, which is fine and great, but not what I was hoping for, lol.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Just sucks I have three months to prepare and not like six months and have to go out of state, lol.
One thing I will suggest, based on what I have heard from other people, is to find someone you can talk to (a professional) when you start the hormones cause they can be very hard to deal with. It is like puberty all over again but in Super Saiyan form. I can't understand the process but I know it can be hard based on what others have said.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
One thing I will suggest, based on what I have heard from other people, is to find someone you can talk to (a professional) when you start the hormones cause they can be very hard to deal with. It is like puberty all over again but in Super Saiyan form. I can't understand the process but I know it can be hard based on what others have said.
Yeah, I have been on hormones for a year plus now, and it sucked at the beginning but became easier throughout time. I have been talking/going to a Transgender Therapist, I think is the technical name, and she is a big help through out this whole process.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, I have been on hormones for a year plus now, and it sucked at the beginning but became easier throughout time. I have been talking/going to a Transgender Therapist, I think is the technical name, and she is a big help through out this whole process.
Ah I didn't realize you started hormones. I think I overlooked that. Either way, that is good you have someone to talk to through the process.

Reactions: Punkhead

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Ah I didn't realize you started hormones. I think I overlooked that. Either way, that is good you have someone to talk to through the process.
To be fair, I am a dumbass at explaining stuff so I might have thought I put that in there and didn't. Yeah, I am glad that my regular therapist was like "I know, someone who can help you out a bit better." and so I have been going to her for some time now, and she is great. Plus, she gets my memes like "I feel like Death" or "Can I just sleep through this session?"

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
True, and I have been helping my mom, my dad, and my nieces and nephews understand as they just didn't understand and are willing to learn. As for my siblings well, that is a whole different story that has been years in the making. Some of the friends I lost I am happy I lost because they were just awful people to put it bluntly, but the same time I gained friends that have been helping and have been the nicest people I have meet so it has balanced itself out. Yes, it has been a massive challenge and huge step, but I am glad I finally took it.

It's great that at least some of your family have been open and willing to learn, a lot of the times, particularly with parents, they just flat out refuse to understand, so it's awesome that your parents are learning and taking those steps to be accepting. There's no better support system than family, so that's great. As for the friends, yeah, it does sound like you're better off for having lost them, and the new ones you've gained are hopefully better friends overall!

Fair point and yeah if there is one thing I am good at besides memes and remembering old ass shows and such is secrecy and telling with without showing, I suppose you can say. Honestly, I wouldn't have seen it as you "forcing my hand" because I know you would have done it a respectful way.

Alright and thank you.
I would have, or at least I would hope I would have, but I'm a reserved person irl, so I don't like to pry and push things too much. I have anxiety issues, especially social anxiety, so I understand that coming to someone and asking them something so deeply personal could cause anxiety and I know how awful it is when anxiety kicks in, so I try to be as respectful as possible with questions like that.

Thank you, and I am hoping everything will be fine. Yeah, it is pretty fast because like I said I was hoping for like six months or so to mentally prepare myself and all, but nah. I get three months, which is fine and great, but not what I was hoping for, lol.
Well in a lot of ways the shorter wait could be a great thing, means you get in and get it over with, rather than having it hanging over your head and building up the nerves. I'm really happy for you, it's the biggest hurdle to get over and it's pretty close! It's not the end of the journey, moreso the beginning, but it's "the" moment, so to speak, and that's fantastic!

Again, not to get too personal, but are you documenting your transition? A lot of trans women take daily pictures of themselves, not for show and tell, but for personal reflection and see the changes over time, and then take pictures of the before, recovery and after of the surgery itself, again not for show and tell, but for personal reflection later. It's a massive life event, so worth documenting for a lot of people.

Ah, so you are pretty far along in transition, that's good! I was going to ask that, considering the three month window you mentioned above, you'd have to at least have been transitioning for a year or so.

Without looking to pry too much or ask those questions that aren't my business, are you happy with the results so far from the hormones? Has it helped to assuage some of the dysphoria?
To be fair, I am a dumbass at explaining stuff so I might have thought I put that in there and didn't. Yeah, I am glad that my regular therapist was like "I know, someone who can help you out a bit better." and so I have been going to her for some time now, and she is great. Plus, she gets my memes like "I feel like Death" or "Can I just sleep through this session?"
Makes a lot of sense to have a trans-specific therapist, they will be far more understanding of your situation and needs than a generalized therapist who may not be supportive or effective in helping at all. Glad you've got someone who truly helps you!

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
It's great that at least some of your family have been open and willing to learn, a lot of the times, particularly with parents, they just flat out refuse to understand, so it's awesome that your parents are learning and taking those steps to be accepting. There's no better support system than family, so that's great. As for the friends, yeah, it does sound like you're better off for having lost them, and the new ones you've gained are hopefully better friends overall!

I would have, or at least I would hope I would have, but I'm a reserved person irl, so I don't like to pry and push things too much. I have anxiety issues, especially social anxiety, so I understand that coming to someone and asking them something so deeply personal could cause anxiety and I know how awful it is when anxiety kicks in, so I try to be as respectful as possible with questions like that.

Well in a lot of ways the shorter wait could be a great thing, means you get in and get it over with, rather than having it hanging over your head and building up the nerves. I'm really happy for you, it's the biggest hurdle to get over and it's pretty close! It's not the end of the journey, moreso the beginning, but it's "the" moment, so to speak, and that's fantastic!

Again, not to get too personal, but are you documenting your transition? A lot of trans women take daily pictures of themselves, not for show and tell, but for personal reflection and see the changes over time, and then take pictures of the before, recovery and after of the surgery itself, again not for show and tell, but for personal reflection later. It's a massive life event, so worth documenting for a lot of people.

Ah, so you are pretty far along in transition, that's good! I was going to ask that, considering the three month window you mentioned above, you'd have to at least have been transitioning for a year or so.

Without looking to pry too much or ask those questions that aren't my business, are you happy with the results so far from the hormones? Has it helped to assuage some of the dysphoria?

Makes a lot of sense to have a trans-specific therapist, they will be far more understanding of your situation and needs than a generalized therapist who may not be supportive or effective in helping at all. Glad you've got someone who truly helps you!
Yeah, my dad has a personal story about why he wants to understand and everything, and my mom is mainly because as I mentioned before she wants to make for what she did in the past and make amends as they said. And it has been a trip for not only them, but for me as well as I learned and still learning a lot of things that I either never knew or was misinformed about. As well the friends I have gained have made me a better person and not a miserable, cynical, asshole. So yeah, they are better overall.

Fair enough and I understand

That is true, and that is what I have begun to think because yeah it is short notice to say, but I can get it done and over with as they say. While the longer time would have bought me more time to prepare myself three months basically demands it and I have to face it, which is a good thing, and the hurdle is done and as you said I keep the journey going till the end.

I have, but really not really taking pics except for at the end of the month more so of keeping a "living journal" as my therapist calls. I have been documenting my daily life and any times dysphoria acts up or my bipolar and such acts up as well to find "triggers" or what causes certain to flair up as well as what causes my reaction to it. So it has been helpful in that aspect as well as helping me improve my handwriting. Also, I call my journals "arcs" just because it helps me and it is a fun joke,suppose you could say.

Yeah, that was one of things that was asked of me and again I just forgot to mention it.

Yes, I am happy with the results and I couldn't be happier. While, minus the fact that I hate the way my nose looks, but that has nothing to do with hormones so. It really has, truthfully. There are a few times where I still experience some type of dysphoria, but it isn't as bad as was it at the beginning.

Thank you, and yeah that is what she said as well so that is why I got a different one. Now I just go to her and as mentioned before she has been amazing, and I couldn't ask for better person to be my support group.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, my dad has a personal story about why he wants to understand and everything, and my mom is mainly because as I mentioned before she wants to make for what she did in the past and make amends as they said.
That's great of them both to be so understanding, and for your mother to look to make amends. My mother and I had a pretty harsh relationship when I was young and it took a long time to repair the damage, so it's great that she's taking those steps. Having a good relationship with your parents is super helpful when dealing with a massive life change, so it's great they're there for you.

And it has been a trip for not only them, but for me as well as I learned and still learning a lot of things that I either never knew or was misinformed about. As well the friends I have gained have made me a better person and not a miserable, cynical, asshole. So yeah, they are better overall.

Fair enough and I understand
Oh most definitely, it's a huge shift in your life, not just the physical, but the mental and emotional, as well. I can imagine you've experienced a great deal you never expected when you began to transition, and I think it's fantastic you have a group of friends that are helping you to take that journey and become the best version of you possible

That is true, and that is what I have begun to think because yeah it is short notice to say, but I can get it done and over with as they say. While the longer time would have bought me more time to prepare myself three months basically demands it and I have to face it, which is a good thing, and the hurdle is done and as you said I keep the journey going till the end.

Yeah, once it's done and you're not worried about when it's going to happen you can move forward and focus on adapting to the new realities of life, new possibilities.

I have, but really not really taking pics except for at the end of the month more so of keeping a "living journal" as my therapist calls. I have been documenting my daily life and any times dysphoria acts up or my bipolar and such acts up as well to find "triggers" or what causes certain to flair up as well as what causes my reaction to it. So it has been helpful in that aspect as well as helping me improve my handwriting. Also, I call my journals "arcs" just because it helps me and it is a fun joke,suppose you could say.

Good, I'm glad you're documenting this journey as much as possible. It's a massive chapter in your life that you will have many opportunities to look back on, so to see how things have changed from the start through to the finish line will be beneficial as you reflect on it later! Arcs is an extremely fitting name for your journals, this buildup to the GRS could easily be the Super Arc of your life, transformation from first form to second before achieving Ultra Instinct ;).

Yeah, that was one of things that was asked of me and again I just forgot to mention it.

Yes, I am happy with the results and I couldn't be happier. While, minus the fact that I hate the way my nose looks, but that has nothing to do with hormones so. It really has, truthfully. There are a few times where I still experience some type of dysphoria, but it isn't as bad as was it at the beginning.

Good, I'm happy that the results have been satisfactory. I'm not going to pry and ask for specifics on physical changes, that's none of my business, but I know a couple of my trans friends irl were so relieved when the hormones started to work in giving them a figure they could be happy with. It was night and day as the changes became more pronounced, their dysphoria and their hatred for themselves almost completely vanished and these new, confident women emerged. It was so great to watch, and I'm sure you're getting those same feelings as your transition moves long :).

I'm not going to ask you to reveal it (unless you feel comfortable enough to reveal it either here or in a PM, but that's your call!), but have you picked a name for yourself? That's another big moment in transition, the naming and the changing of legal documents to reflect that name. It became "real" for one of my trans friends when they saw their new name and gender on a drivers' license for the first time, very big day :).

Thank you, and yeah that is what she said as well so that is why I got a different one. Now I just go to her and as mentioned before she has been amazing, and I couldn't ask for better person to be my support group.
That's excellent, I can imagine she's great at helping you navigate the harder parts of transitioning, as well. Once you have someone that truly understands, things get a lot easier to manage and push forward. I've said this about 10 times so far, it feels like, but I'm really happy for you!

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
That's great of them both to be so understanding, and for your mother to look to make amends. My mother and I had a pretty harsh relationship when I was young and it took a long time to repair the damage, so it's great that she's taking those steps. Having a good relationship with your parents is super helpful when dealing with a massive life change, so it's great they're there for you.

Oh most definitely, it's a huge shift in your life, not just the physical, but the mental and emotional, as well. I can imagine you've experienced a great deal you never expected when you began to transition, and I think it's fantastic you have a group of friends that are helping you to take that journey and become the best version of you possible

Yeah, once it's done and you're not worried about when it's going to happen you can move forward and focus on adapting to the new realities of life, new possibilities.

Good, I'm glad you're documenting this journey as much as possible. It's a massive chapter in your life that you will have many opportunities to look back on, so to see how things have changed from the start through to the finish line will be beneficial as you reflect on it later! Arcs is an extremely fitting name for your journals, this buildup to the GRS could easily be the Super Arc of your life, transformation from first form to second before achieving Ultra Instinct ;).

Good, I'm happy that the results have been satisfactory. I'm not going to pry and ask for specifics on physical changes, that's none of my business, but I know a couple of my trans friends irl were so relieved when the hormones started to work in giving them a figure they could be happy with. It was night and day as the changes became more pronounced, their dysphoria and their hatred for themselves almost completely vanished and these new, confident women emerged. It was so great to watch, and I'm sure you're getting those same feelings as your transition moves long :).

I'm not going to ask you to reveal it (unless you feel comfortable enough to reveal it either here or in a PM, but that's your call!), but have you picked a name for yourself? That's another big moment in transition, the naming and the changing of legal documents to reflect that name. It became "real" for one of my trans friends when they saw their new name and gender on a drivers' license for the first time, very big day :).

That's excellent, I can imagine she's great at helping you navigate the harder parts of transitioning, as well. Once you have someone that truly understands, things get a lot easier to manage and push forward. I've said this about 10 times so far, it feels like, but I'm really happy for you!
So you kind of get where I came from then about having a harsh relationship, and that is true. Having my parents along the way and everything has been great.

Yeah it was a huge shift to say the least as you said I realized within the first week it was a emotional, mental, and physical but I was willing to do it. Yeah, I finally understand what it means to have friends that support you and are good to you.

Very true,and that is the main thing I keep thinking about is once my GRS is done then I can continue onward with "ease" in a manner of speaking.

I have named them First Form Arc, first six months of Hormones and everything, Second Form Arc, the last six months of Hormones and everything, and Third Form Arc, Everything now, and then the future ones will Final Form Arc and Gold Arc.

Yes, I am/was excited as the changes became more pronounced and all as I started to feel better about myself and felt more comfortable in my skin.

The name is picked is Jay-Ashley Charlotte, and I mainly picked that name because in real life my family and such call/ed me Jay, as before my name was Jason Seth. I picked Ashley because I have always that name and I hyphened it because I am a Southerner and us Southerner love giving women hyphen names, lol. Charlotte is a more personal and it is in honor of my step-dad's, who is my dad now, sister who was trans and later took her life due being disowned by her family and having no one to be there for her so. As far as legal/government items I have everything changed minus my birth certificate, which I may or may not do, since the state I live in makes that process a bitch and a half to do.

Agreed, and thank you. No worries, a friend I talk to daily always mentions how proud she is of me so it is fine.
Moved Baby Chungus to the cat cage so he has more room now. Hopping around in there like a mad lad.
Soon he will be just Chungus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
So you kind of get where I came from then about having a harsh relationship, and that is true. Having my parents along the way and everything has been great.

I don't think I've shared this story here before, so some of this may be a bit odd given the "me" I am on these forums, but when I was born my mother and father were in the tail end of a horrible relationship. He was verbally abusive, wasting money on every scam that came along and not doing his duties as a husband and father, so they divorced not long after I was born. This left my mother with a really sour taste towards men, and she just happened to be surrounded by friends who were also getting out of bad relationships and they all had bad thoughts about men, which sort of cemented everything in her mind. Growing up she hated that I was male, she even told me on multiple occasions that she wished I wasn't born or wished I was born a girl because she didn't want to raise another "pig of a man" into this world. She would tell me anything I liked that was traditionally masculine was wrong, I was dissuaded from taking part in sports, for instance. She also told me as I got older about the things men "do to" women for their own sick pleasure, and how I would want to do that to, so I learned to hate my own masculinity more and more, my own body more and more. I didn't know what I'd done wrong to be stuck as this impossibly wrong gender, but I knew I didn't want to be the disgusting, evil person she kept telling me I was going to become, so I went to bed most nights wishing I either wouldn't wake up or would wake up in a female body so she would love me and I wouldn't have to be evil. It may not be your typical gender dysphoria that occurs naturally, but she instilled a level of dysphoria in my brain that I still battle with to this day. My relationship with her got better when I was a teenager and she realized I wasn't going off raping every girl I could find, as she told me I would, and eventually we became friends and had a decent relationship, fortunate I suppose given that I'm now her full-time caregiver as she is wasting away with dementia and doesn't know what happened 20 minutes ago, let alone 20 years ago. It's still there, though, that dysphoria, it never left me. I was consumed as a young teenager with finding ways to transition so my mother would want me in her life, but I never actually did, of course, because I knew down inside it wasn't the path for me. Possibly because I came to realize that a 6'1" guy with broad shoulders, a wide masculine chest and and quite large hands really isn't going to make for much of a fetching woman (and my family are also somewhat traditional so would never have accepted someone altering their body), but also possibly because I'm ok with my own masculinity now. I may not revel in it like other men do, but I can be ok with myself and what I was born as.

So yeah, I know where you're coming from both in terms of having a rough relationship with your mother and in dealing with dysphoria. I may have turned out to be a breast-obsessed, depressingly alone shell of a man who uses humour to deflect at every opportunity, but I've got one or two insights into the trans mindset and can relate well to struggles ;)

Yeah it was a huge shift to say the least as you said I realized within the first week it was a emotional, mental, and physical but I was willing to do it. Yeah, I finally understand what it means to have friends that support you and are good to you.

Oh absolutely, transitioning is a proper struggle and without adequate support it can be so overwhelming. It seems like nothing is happening at first, and then in very short order things do start to happen and it can be a huge thing to go through, so having that support is just absolutely critical. I'm glad you have that support, and I'll say it again, you've got me, as well, whenever you want to chat, I'm fully behind you!

Very true,and that is the main thing I keep thinking about is once my GRS is done then I can continue onward with "ease" in a manner of speaking.

Yeah, it's a massive hurdle and it's going to involve a pretty lengthy recovery, but that being done will be a huge milestone and marker in your life that signifies the beginning of your next journey.

I have named them First Form Arc, first six months of Hormones and everything, Second Form Arc, the last six months of Hormones and everything, and Third Form Arc, Everything now, and then the future ones will Final Form Arc and Gold Arc.

Love it! Perfect names for each chapter in the transition :)

Yes, I am/was excited as the changes became more pronounced and all as I started to feel better about myself and felt more comfortable in my skin.

It's a big moment when you finally feel that level of comfort in yourself, isn't it? I remember it was the quirkiest things that one of my trans friends in particular was over the moon about. Obviously she wanted what every trans woman wants from hormones, boobs, and she eventually got those, but she was just so overwhelmingly happy when she noticed things like her face getting a bit fuller, or her skin feeling a bit softer, or once she was so happy to show me her hands looked decided smaller and less masculine. She loved to track every little detail and it made her so happy to see things slowly shifting to the feminine side. I was so happy for her because she was so utterly depressed before, and now here was this confident woman so happy about her own body for once. It was so great seeing that.

The name is picked is Jay-Ashley Charlotte, and I mainly picked that name because in real life my family and such call/ed me Jay, as before my name was Jason Seth. I picked Ashley because I have always that name and I hyphened it because I am a Southerner and us Southerner love giving women hyphen names, lol. Charlotte is a more personal and it is in honor of my step-dad's, who is my dad now, sister who was trans and later took her life due being disowned by her family and having no one to be there for her so. As far as legal/government items I have everything changed minus my birth certificate, which I may or may not do, since the state I live in makes that process a bitch and a half to do.

I think that's a fantastic name, and I've always liked the name Ashley, as well, it was the name of a girl I had a crush on in high school and I guess it just stuck in my brain as I name I've always attached a lot of nice emotions to, so I think it's a wonderful name :D. I like the hyphenated name, as well, Jay-Ashley is quite unique, and I love the sentimentality behind picking Charlotte, I'm sure your dad's sister would have loved that you thought so highly of her :).

That's great that you got all of your documents changed over, one big paperwork hurdle out of the way :). Hopefully your state makes it a bit easier to change your birth certificate so you can do that, as well, but I can understand not wanting to go through all of the red tape at the moment!

Agreed, and thank you. No worries, a friend I talk to daily always mentions how proud she is of me so it is fine.

It's nice to get that little morale boost from a friend, isn't it? :D

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I don't think I've shared this story here before, so some of this may be a bit odd given the "me" I am on these forums, but when I was born my mother and father were in the tail end of a horrible relationship. He was verbally abusive, wasting money on every scam that came along and not doing his duties as a husband and father, so they divorced not long after I was born. This left my mother with a really sour taste towards men, and she just happened to be surrounded by friends who were also getting out of bad relationships and they all had bad thoughts about men, which sort of cemented everything in her mind. Growing up she hated that I was male, she even told me on multiple occasions that she wished I wasn't born or wished I was born a girl because she didn't want to raise another "pig of a man" into this world. She would tell me anything I liked that was traditionally masculine was wrong, I was dissuaded from taking part in sports, for instance. She also told me as I got older about the things men "do to" women for their own sick pleasure, and how I would want to do that to, so I learned to hate my own masculinity more and more, my own body more and more. I didn't know what I'd done wrong to be stuck as this impossibly wrong gender, but I knew I didn't want to be the disgusting, evil person she kept telling me I was going to become, so I went to bed most nights wishing I either wouldn't wake up or would wake up in a female body so she would love me and I wouldn't have to be evil. It may not be your typical gender dysphoria that occurs naturally, but she instilled a level of dysphoria in my brain that I still battle with to this day. My relationship with her got better when I was a teenager and she realized I wasn't going off raping every girl I could find, as she told me I would, and eventually we became friends and had a decent relationship, fortunate I suppose given that I'm now her full-time caregiver as she is wasting away with dementia and doesn't know what happened 20 minutes ago, let alone 20 years ago. It's still there, though, that dysphoria, it never left me. I was consumed as a young teenager with finding ways to transition so my mother would want me in her life, but I never actually did, of course, because I knew down inside it wasn't the path for me. Possibly because I came to realize that a 6'1" guy with broad shoulders, a wide masculine chest and and quite large hands really isn't going to make for much of a fetching woman (and my family are also somewhat traditional so would never have accepted someone altering their body), but also possibly because I'm ok with my own masculinity now. I may not revel in it like other men do, but I can be ok with myself and what I was born as
Man, that is brutal and honestly sounds like what is what happening nowadays, though I ain't touching that subject, and why people have a negative reaction to Trans-people.

So yeah, I know where you're coming from both in terms of having a rough relationship with your mother and in dealing with dysphoria. I may have turned out to be a breast-obsessed, depressingly alone shell of a man who uses humour to deflect at every opportunity, but I've got one or two insights into the trans mindset and can relate well to struggles ;).
Kind of a weird way how you understand, but that is truly interesting

Oh absolutely, transitioning is a proper struggle and without adequate support it can be so overwhelming. It seems like nothing is happening at first, and then in very short order things do start to happen and it can be a huge thing to go through, so having that support is just absolutely critical. I'm glad you have that support, and I'll say it again, you've got me, as well, whenever you want to chat, I'm fully behind you!
Thank you

It's a big moment when you finally feel that level of comfort in yourself, isn't it? I remember it was the quirkiest things that one of my trans friends in particular was over the moon about. Obviously she wanted what every trans woman wants from hormones, boobs, and she eventually got those, but she was just so overwhelmingly happy when she noticed things like her face getting a bit fuller, or her skin feeling a bit softer, or once she was so happy to show me her hands looked decided smaller and less masculine. She loved to track every little detail and it made her so happy to see things slowly shifting to the feminine side. I was so happy for her because she was so utterly depressed before, and now here was this confident woman so happy about her own body for once. It was so great seeing that.
It was. The major things I remember really getting me all happy was my skin getting softer, my facial hair kind of more or less going away, and my hair growing longer because like your friend it was just the minor things really that made me feel better.

I think that's a fantastic name, and I've always liked the name Ashley, as well, it was the name of a girl I had a crush on in high school and I guess it just stuck in my brain as I name I've always attached a lot of nice emotions to, so I think it's a wonderful name :D. I like the hyphenated name, as well, Jay-Ashley is quite unique, and I love the sentimentality behind picking Charlotte, I'm sure your dad's sister would have loved that you thought so highly of her :).
Thank you, and my mom actually pointed out the fact that my first name is comprised of two names that are both male and female at the same time, and I was like "Shit, I never thought of that" And I am sure as well as from what he told me, I kind of remind him of them because as he put it to me "Both of y'all marched to y'all's own drum beat"

That's great that you got all of your documents changed over, one big paperwork hurdle out of the way :). Hopefully your state makes it a bit easier to change your birth certificate so you can do that, as well, but I can understand not wanting to go through all of the red tape at the moment!
Hopefully, itwill, but as of right now I amfind with waiting.

It's nice to get that little morale boost from a friend, isn't it? :D
It really is, though sometimes I tell them I'm going to stab them or punch them because they are too happy, lol.

I would buy that in a heartbeat

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: