DBF Community Chat Thread

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Man, that is brutal and honestly sounds like what is what happening nowadays, though I ain't touching that subject, and why people have a negative reaction to Trans-people.
You're very forth coming and honest with your feelings. You want to be accepted and not force people to accept your identity. I see it a lot where I'm at now that trans folks have become so militant in their ideologies that they're like "Accept me or get f*cked!"

My personal opinion is I believe you're approaching things the right way. Not only for yourself, but for your friends and family. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but it seems to be the path of least resistance. You just want to be loved and love yourself. No one can take that from you.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Man, that is brutal and honestly sounds like what is what happening nowadays, though I ain't touching that subject, and why people have a negative reaction to Trans-people.
Yeah, trans people today take so much crap from ignorant people it's ridiculous. My mother was sort of the inverse of that, I suppose, almost looking to bully a trans identity into me...or well, obviously more just hating on the fact that she had a male child, and that caused me to build up a level of dysphoria that's stuck with me. At any rate, yeah, it wasn't particularly pleasant to live through, but it's given me a level of understanding and empathy with trans people that means I can relate to their experiences, their desires and their discomfort in their own bodies that the average person just doesn't comprehend.

Kind of a weird way how you understand, but that is truly interesting
Yeah, it's absolutely a strange way of understanding. Typical gender dysphoria is built in, it's a natural occurrence, whereas with me it was almost forced on me inadvertently by a mother who couldn't accent her son because of a failed marriage. So not quite the same, but still in the ballpark. But yes, I do have a pretty decent grasp on dysphoria and the all-encompassing nature of it.

Thank you

It was. The major things I remember really getting me all happy was my skin getting softer, my facial hair kind of more or less going away, and my hair growing longer because like your friend it was just the minor things really that made me feel better.
Yep, that makes a lot of sense, it's those little details that add up to be major changes, and they're also extremely noticeable at the time, so it absolutely makes sense those are the things that make you the happiest along the way.

Thank you, and my mom actually pointed out the fact that my first name is comprised of two names that are both male and female at the same time, and I was like "Shit, I never thought of that" And I am sure as well as from what he told me, I kind of remind him of them because as he put it to me "Both of y'all marched to y'all's own drum beat"
There's nothing wrong with marching to your own beat so long as you enjoy the rhythm ;).

Hopefully, itwill, but as of right now I amfind with waiting.

It really is, though sometimes I tell them I'm going to stab them or punch them because they are too happy, lol.
Happiness can be infectious, it's a nice gift to have to be able to pick someone up. I think we all know what it is to be depressed, so it's nice when you find that ray of sunshine that comes along and says that one thing that just...you can't help but smile or laugh. It's a talent that some people have and they're great for sharing it :D

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, trans people today take so much crap from ignorant people it's ridiculous.

I think a lot of the negative stuff comes from the "movement" itself and people piggy-backing off of it for attention or other desires. Like you will see transwomen who make no effort to be feminine at all and demand (often threaten) that you call them a woman which almost takes away from the ones who did go through the transition. Given the name, I don't consider anyone trans if they are not in some way, shape, or form transitioning. It just doesn't make any sense. I think some of the younger people got trans and cross-dressing confused or they are simply doing it for attention which is why there is a real lack of commitment to changing anything. Then you have the push on children which to me is just wrong. Any level of sexuality or sexualizing of children's entertainment, school learning, etc. shouldn't be acceptable. Couple this with piss poor parents who almost force their children to be trans so they can be popular or gain attention... Makes my skin crawl. The whole "they/them" thing for people who seemingly have no gender while gender is just a made-up social construct, while it still somehow matters THAT much is too much for me. There are more than 2 genders and yet there are genderless people which is a gender identity itself because gender doesn't exist and was made up, and yadda yadda. I think that is an example of piggybacking that has hurt trans people because most people don't know how to deal with that kind of thing. I believe those people are just bored with life and going through a phase but again, it does nothing for trans people and if anything, it makes them look worse because they get lumped in with all the demands and weird internet genderized groups.

I will be honest, I never gave transwomen or transmen a second thought. I knew they were out there and I am sure I had interactions with them irl/offline but it was not something I had strong feelings about one way or another. It was just one of those "you do you" things... But when I started seeing people losing their jobs over misgendering, trans stuff being pushed onto kids, women sports being unleveled, and how everyone needed to start walking on eggshells for trans (and LGBT+ in general) people it pissed me off. It is the loud minority that ruins most things for everyone else though. I try not to throw everyone into categories and judge them all based on one person's actions but some people make it very hard for me not to slip into that mindset now and then so I can see how other people get to be so judgemental and hateful. It seems to be the way of the world right now, especially with social media. The mess that has become. We are almost being tricked into doing it and depending on "which side" you fall into, that determines if this kind of judgemental behavior is right or wrong. It is wrong to label all trans people as pedophiles because a few of them have been just as it is wrong to label all cops and racists because a few of them have been. Both of these ways of thinking are wrong. That is not how it is viewed though.

TLDR; Tumblr, attention seekers, social media mobs, and suck-ass parents made transpeople be viewed as something to avoid/dislike more today than just 15 years ago. We are going in reverse, sadly.

My mother was sort of the inverse of that, I suppose, almost looking to bully a trans identity into me...or well, obviously more just hating on the fact that she had a male child, and that caused me to build up a level of dysphoria that's stuck with me.

As for the whole women raising boys to hate themselves... That has been an issue for a long, long time but it was mostly within black families. I had a few black friends growing up and the mothers, grandmothers, and aunties would all treat the boys (brothers of my friends) worse than them. Often as if they are resenting them because of the men in their life who hurt them. You see it as a common trope in programing and movies as well. It is sadly a common thing which I think contributes to boys growing up to be in gangs, treating women like crap, and getting into trouble. It's not my place to remedy those issues though and I would probably get called a racist just for pointing them out. Outside of that, you will find a growing issue of children being raised by mothers and taught by schools that any level of masculinity is wrong and "being a boy" is terrible. I grew up as a tomboy. Had my mother started beating me over the head that I should be more feminine, I would have either pushed harder to be like a boy or just hated myself as a girl. I don't think parents understand how powerful their words are with their children and how they can manifest a wave of self-hatred that lasts a lifetime nor teachers for that matter. This could be a contributing factor in why there are more and more trans people today. We tend to learn and better understand things years after the fact so I guess time will tell.

This is one of the reasons why I think it is very important for anyone considering transitioning to speak with someone first and really hash things out before deciding on something like this. Once you start the hormones and get the surgery, there is no turning back and it can be very, very expensive and very hard emotionally. Sometimes the feeling of self-hatred is not a "YOU" problem but rather an issue with someone else's words or actions toward you. And shame on them.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I think a lot of the negative stuff comes from the "movement" itself and people piggy-backing off of it for attention or other desires. Like you will see transwomen who make no effort to be feminine at all and demand (often threaten) that you call them a woman which almost takes away from the ones who did go through the transition. Given the name, I don't consider anyone trans if they are not in some way, shape, or form transitioning. It just doesn't make any sense. I think some of the younger people got trans and cross-dressing confused or they are simply doing it for attention which is why there is a real lack of commitment to changing anything. Then you have the push on children which to me is just wrong. Any level of sexuality or sexualizing of children's entertainment, school learning, etc. shouldn't be acceptable. Couple this with piss poor parents who almost force their children to be trans so they can be popular or gain attention... Makes my skin crawl. The whole "they/them" thing for people who seemingly have no gender while gender is just a made-up social construct, while it still somehow matters THAT much is too much for me. There are more than 2 genders and yet there are genderless people which is a gender identity itself because gender doesn't exist and was made up, and yadda yadda. I think that is an example of piggybacking that has hurt trans people because most people don't know how to deal with that kind of thing. I believe those people are just bored with life and going through a phase but again, it does nothing for trans people and if anything, it makes them look worse because they get lumped in with all the demands and weird internet genderized groups.

You're not wrong there, the people who don't transition and yet still demand to be acknowledged as trans women make no sense at all. Same with the ones posing as trans on lesbian dating apps and then complaining that women won't date them...well, no shit! The same is true of the trans women like that Jessica whatever her last name is, trying desperately to get sympathy from people every time she has her "period," which only occurs every week and lasts for about 2 years, but it's ok because #PeriodChocolate, and she's got the nerve to DM companies that make products for period pain relief begging for samples...horrible excuse for a human being and very damaging to the actual trans community. I'm still convinced that one's not legitimately trans, but it's too late now, she's gone all the way.

It absolutely sucks that people like these exist, and it's a real shame that they can "represent" the trans community to the outside perspective, because it's such a distorted view of what trans is. Real trans people are nothing like those idiots, nothing at all.

I will be honest, I never gave transwomen or transmen a second thought. I knew they were out there and I am sure I had interactions with them irl/offline but it was not something I had strong feelings about one way or another. It was just one of those "you do you" things... But when I started seeing people losing their jobs over misgendering, trans stuff being pushed onto kids, women sports being unleveled, and how everyone needed to start walking on eggshells for trans (and LGBT+ in general) people it pissed me off. It is the loud minority that ruins most things for everyone else though. I try not to throw everyone into categories and judge them all based on one person's actions but some people make it very hard for me not to slip into that mindset now and then so I can see how other people get to be so judgemental and hateful. It seems to be the way of the world right now, especially with social media. The mess that has become. We are almost being tricked into doing it and depending on "which side" you fall into, that determines if this kind of judgemental behavior is right or wrong. It is wrong to label all trans people as pedophiles because a few of them have been just as it is wrong to label all cops and racists because a few of them have been. Both of these ways of thinking are wrong. That is not how it is viewed though.

TLDR; Tumblr, attention seekers, social media mobs, and suck-ass parents made transpeople be viewed as something to avoid/dislike more today than just 15 years ago. We are going in reverse, sadly.

I don't agree with people getting fired because of misgendering, I can understand if it's deliberate harassment, but accidentally calling a masculine trans woman sir is an understandable mistake to make.

As for the whole women raising boys to hate themselves... That has been an issue for a long, long time but it was mostly within black families. I had a few black friends growing up and the mothers, grandmothers, and aunties would all treat the boys (brothers of my friends) worse than them. Often as if they are resenting them because of the men in their life who hurt them. You see it as a common trope in programing and movies as well. It is sadly a common thing which I think contributes to boys growing up to be in gangs, treating women like crap, and getting into trouble. It's not my place to remedy those issues though and I would probably get called a racist just for pointing them out. Outside of that, you will find a growing issue of children being raised by mothers and taught by schools that any level of masculinity is wrong and "being a boy" is terrible. I grew up as a tomboy. Had my mother started beating me over the head that I should be more feminine, I would have either pushed harder to be like a boy or just hated myself as a girl. I don't think parents understand how powerful their words are with their children and how they can manifest a wave of self-hatred that lasts a lifetime nor teachers for that matter. This could be a contributing factor in why there are more and more trans people today. We tend to learn and better understand things years after the fact so I guess time will tell.

This is one of the reasons why I think it is very important for anyone considering transitioning to speak with someone first and really hash things out before deciding on something like this. Once you start the hormones and get the surgery, there is no turning back and it can be very, very expensive and very hard emotionally. Sometimes the feeling of self-hatred is not a "YOU" problem but rather an issue with someone else's words or actions toward you. And shame on them.
Parents most definitely do not understand the damage they can do to a child. Constant pressure to be a certain way, to act a certain way, to NOT be a certain way...it can really get to a child, really impact their personality, their development and their self-esteem. It sticks with you for life, particularly when you're told by your own parents that they wished you were never born or wished you were born a girl. That really messes with your brain as a child. It makes you feel like nothing. Like garbage.

I managed to burn myself yesterday. Me and Jay were in the pool for like 2 hours.

You and your pool capers...one day you're rained out of it, the next you're burning yourself in it...:k4:

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
You're not wrong there, the people who don't transition and yet still demand to be acknowledged as trans women make no sense at all. Same with the ones posing as trans on lesbian dating apps and then complaining that women won't date them...well, no shit! The same is true of the trans women like that Jessica whatever her last name is, trying desperately to get sympathy from people every time she has her "period," which only occurs every week and lasts for about 2 years, but it's ok because #PeriodChocolate, and she's got the nerve to DM companies that make products for period pain relief begging for samples...horrible excuse for a human being and very damaging to the actual trans community. I'm still convinced that one's not legitimately trans, but it's too late now, she's gone all the way.

It absolutely sucks that people like these exist, and it's a real shame that they can "represent" the trans community to the outside perspective, because it's such a distorted view of what trans is. Real trans people are nothing like those idiots, nothing at all.
Yup and you will see this with feminists, cosplayers, furries, and general fan groups. There are always some that are just absolute assholes that ruin things for everyone else and the shame of it all... They get the most attention. Positive or neggetive. They shouldn't be considered the standard though.

I don't agree with people getting fired because of misgendering, I can understand if it's deliberate harassment, but accidentally calling a masculine trans woman sir is an understandable mistake to make.
Oh yeah, harassment is one thing but what I was talking about had to do with people generally not knowing the difference and getting in trouble for it. Like the person didn't even give them a heads up or allow enough time to adjust to the change. Most people need a few weeks (or months in cases where family/friends are involved) to get things right because we are humans and humans are beings of habit. This is like people who automatically assume kittens are female and puppies are male, it is like a default thing people just widely did because cats are viewed to be a more feminine pet and dogs a more masculine pet... Which never made any sense to me lol

Parents most definitely do not understand the damage they can do to a child. Constant pressure to be a certain way, to act a certain way, to NOT be a certain way...it can really get to a child, really impact their personality, their development and their self-esteem. It sticks with you for life, particularly when you're told by your own parents that they wished you were never born or wished you were born a girl. That really messes with your brain as a child. It makes you feel like nothing. Like garbage.
Yeah, my mom said some choice things to me growing up and still to this day I struggle with not feeling good enough but I deal with it better now that I am older. I am sure you feel better now than you did before as well because you have friends and family who love you and show you that you aren't garbage.

You and your pool capers...one day you're rained out of it, the next you're burning yourself in it...:k4:
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Yoshi

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yup and you will see this with feminists, cosplayers, furries, and general fan groups. There are always some that are just absolute assholes that ruin things for everyone else and the shame of it all... They get the most attention. Positive or neggetive. They shouldn't be considered the standard though.
Agreed, it's a shame that the vocal minority get to dictate perceptions, but it is, sadly, the way of things.

Oh yeah, harassment is one thing but what I was talking about had to do with people generally not knowing the difference and getting in trouble for it. Like the person didn't even give them a heads up or allow enough time to adjust to the change. Most people need a few weeks (or months in cases where family/friends are involved) to get things right because we are humans and humans are beings of habit. This is like people who automatically assume kittens are female and puppies are male, it is like a default thing people just widely did because cats are viewed to be a more feminine pet and dogs a more masculine pet... Which never made any sense to me lol
Yeah, it's stupid and vindictive to go and try to get people fired for not adapting to your new identity immediately. Things take time and any rational person understands that. I try to address my friends by their preferred pronouns instantly, but it's entirely possible to forget, it's a change and change doesn't happen overnight. I would never willingly misgender someone, I'm not that much of an asshole, but it does happen from time to time.

Yeah, my mom said some choice things to me growing up and still to this day I struggle with not feeling good enough but I deal with it better now that I am older. I am sure you feel better now than you did before as well because you have friends and family who love you and show you that you aren't garbage.

Yes and no. I have good friends that can pull me out of my downward spirals, but I still get those spirals a lot. I developed a sense of humour and a sardonic personality to cope with the guilt and pain I felt over the years, but it takes those friends a lot of effort to pull me back up when I'm determined to be down. I suppose overall I am better, though, and I'm glad that you are, as well:)

Yeah, a little heat never hurt!

My one shoulder still hurts when I touch it... But I am going in the pool again when Jay gets home from work! 'MERICA!
Beerus yelling at the sun...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Punkhead and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Had Baby Chungus in that playpen and he started running wild... Fry kept jumping in it trying to catch him. Looks like that will be an outside-only event where the cats can't see him running wild. lol

• Funny
Reactions: Punkhead

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Had Baby Chungus in that playpen and he started running wild... Fry kept jumping in it trying to catch him. Looks like that will be an outside-only event where the cats can't see him running wild. lol
Fry wondering why his new chew toy comes with so much extra work....

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
My burn is getting better, it almost doesn't hurt so I guess I didn't make it worse going in the pool yesterday. Going to take a break from the sun today I think though, just cause I don't want to push it. I got a good 4 shades darker already.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
My burn is getting better, it almost doesn't hurt so I guess I didn't make it worse going in the pool yesterday. Going to take a break from the sun today I think though, just cause I don't want to push it. I got a good 4 shades darker already.
Pumpkin spice shade? ;)
I was just thinking of going swimming this summer, whether it be at the beach or at a pool. I wonder if my brother would be up for joining me.
Go for it, swimming is great exercise and fun!

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus and Punkhead
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: