DBF Community Chat Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I understand hospitals are busy and they have to take animals in according to the severity but they could have at least looked him over or get blood work going or something.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They aren't sure what is wrong and gave us two options. Stay and get some X-rays and other tests done to know for sure which would be up to a 4-hour wait plus the cost ($800 just for xrays not including the two other tests which would likely be $400+ each) or take him to his vet tomorrow and get x-rays done there which will be cheaper and faster. So he is bringing him home and we are going to hope we can get him in to see his vet tomorrow.

She thinks she heard a little bit of liquid in his lungs but is not 100% certain which is why they want to do xrays and other tests.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
They aren't sure what is wrong and gave us two options. Stay and get some X-rays and other tests done to know for sure which would be up to a 4-hour wait plus the cost ($800 just for xrays not including the two other tests which would likely be $400+ each) or take him to his vet tomorrow and get x-rays done there which will be cheaper and faster. So he is bringing him home and we are going to hope we can get him in to see his vet tomorrow.

She thinks she heard a little bit of liquid in his lungs but is not 100% certain which is why they want to do xrays and other tests.
Fingers crossed they can see him tomorrow, this vet was useless!

You can do this, Twig!

International Cat Day Cats GIF by MOODMAN

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
He's gone. Died on the way home. Didn't get to say goodbye to him.
Oh I'm so sorry :(. There's nothing anyone can say to make it feel better, but the one positive is he isn't suffering anymore. I hope you're doing alright, take the time you need to grieve and feel upset. We're all here for you!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They killed him. I just looked up the injection they gave him. It isn't supposed to be used on cats or people with respiratory issues cause it can cause respiratory depression. They killed my Twig and there is nothing I can do about it.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
They killed him. I just looked up the injection they gave him. It isn't supposed to be used on cats or people with respiratory issues cause it can cause respiratory depression. They killed my Twig and there is nothing I can do about it.
What the fuck?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Oh wow, I'm really sorry to hear that! Not that it undoes this or makes up for it, but can you litigate? Might be worth it to go after them. For now just take the time to grieve, it's hard to lose someone you love.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think that's a good idea, if they caused his passing, you've got every right to go after them!
The way they handled him just didn't seem right. He was on oxygen for 3 hours and told he was doing better and we were given an option as if it was not serious. Prior to even talking with Jay, they gave him a shot of buorphanol which everywhere online seems to say you should NEVER use in older animals, cats or dogs. He was 14. Also, this shouldn't be used with animals who have respiratory issues. The worse part of all this is he had to be brought back there to get cremated as it was the only place around here open to take him. So they basically charged us money to kill him.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
The way they handled him just didn't seem right. He was on oxygen for 3 hours and told he was doing better and we were given an option as if it was not serious. Prior to even talking with Jay, they gave him a shot of buorphanol which everywhere online seems to say you should NEVER use in older animals, cats or dogs. He was 14. Also, this shouldn't be used with animals who have respiratory issues. The worse part of all this is he had to be brought back there to get cremated as it was the only place around here open to take him. So they basically charged us money to kill him.
That's such a horrible level of incompetence. I wish there had been somewhere else, anywhere else he could have gone. You can't leave a seriously ill animal just lying there on oxygen and untreated. Even with other patients, that's negligence. He needed help. Those bastards.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's such a horrible level of incompetence. I wish there had been somewhere else, anywhere else he could have gone. You can't leave a seriously ill animal just lying there on oxygen and untreated. Even with other patients, that's negligence. He needed help. Those bastards.
There was another clinic but it was further out and I didn't want something to happen in the car and Jay be stuck on the freeway.

I would have rather him just stayed here and pass away at home than in a cage in a car. I just feel so terrible. I was too worried though about his breathing. I just didn't know what to do.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
There was another clinic but it was further out and I didn't want something to happen in the car and Jay be stuck on the freeway.

I would have rather him just stayed here and pass away at home than in a cage in a car. I just feel so terrible. I was too worried though about his breathing. I just didn't know what to do.
You made the right choice to seek help, you did. It hurts because of how things turned out with that particular clinic, but you were absolutely right to seek help. I just wish they'd given a damn, maybe they could have done something to prevent this. You had no way of knowing they would be this bad, it's not on you that they were as bad as they were. He deserved better from them, but he knew you loved him. You did everything you possibly could to make sure he was as well looked after as possible, none of what happened is on you.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: