DBF Community Chat Thread

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
chat.png

So here's one that can be closed down and deleted if it's just a tad too vague, but here's a sort of general chat thread to post whatever's on your mind, ask whatever you want to ask to the community, or even just say what it is you're doing. Seen this done on a few forums before and they can work out quite well, so figured I'd post this here and see how it went. Doesn't need to be an intensive thread, just chatting, just fun and easy going.

So...what's going on with you at the moment? How are things? You keeping well? Doing anything particularly exciting? Doing nothing? Let's chat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yoshi

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Everyone here has the ability to make threads, I'm not stopping anyone. The direction of the conversations will default to this kind of stuff when nothing else is being discussed. Most of the time, I make threads based on what I am currently watching on YouTube. There just happens to be a lot of political nonsense happening right now in the world.

We just had a back and forth with music yesterday. Nothing to do with politics or news. So it isn't like there is nothing but politics being talked about. Most of the political talk seems to be in statuses anyway. I'll take the blame for that one. lol

I would prefer more talk was focused on Dragon Ball and relaxed topics myself.

Reactions: India Actual

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Everyone here has the ability to make threads, I'm not stopping anyone. The direction of the conversations will default to this kind of stuff when nothing else is being discussed. Most of the time, I make threads based on what I am currently watching on YouTube. There just happens to be a lot of political nonsense happening right now in the world.

I didn't mean the creation of this thread in a negative way, just as another avenue of discussion. I'm perfectly fine with the rest of the topics we talk about, and I have no issue whatsoever with any particular subject. I simply wanted to create a general chat / how are things going sort of check in thread, because I've seen this done on other forums and it can be a neat way to just chat. Feel free to delete it, though, if it's too vague or if it's going to be a detraction in any way!

We just had a back and forth with music yesterday. Nothing to do with politics or news. So it isn't like there is nothing but politics being talked about. Most of the political talk seems to be in statuses anyway. I'll take the blame for that one. lol

Like I said, I'm not at all opposed to talking about anything that's going on right now, whatsoever! The music chat was particularly fun :D. Just figured, hell, here's another thing we could chat about, generalities and such!

I would prefer more talk was focused on Dragon Ball and relaxed topics myself.

Agreed, back to tiddies and Chi Chi hate.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I didn't mean the creation of this thread in a negative way, just as another avenue of discussion. I'm perfectly fine with the rest of the topics we talk about, and I have no issue whatsoever with any particular subject. I simply wanted to create a general chat / how are things going sort of check in thread, because I've seen this done on other forums and it can be a neat way to just chat. Feel free to delete it, though, if it's too vague or if it's going to be a detraction in any way!

Like I said, I'm not at all opposed to talking about anything that's going on right now, whatsoever! The music chat was particularly fun :D. Just figured, hell, here's another thing we could chat about, generalities and such!

Agreed, back to tiddies and Chi Chi hate.

I was more a less referring to the thread alongside the status Carnotaurus posted. Like making posts unrelated to politics, news, etc. can easily drown out the other stuff and even prevent it from being talked about. Just seems like it is the default when nothing else is being talked about.

This thread is fine though, it can stay.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I was more a less referring to the thread alongside the status Carnotaurus posted. Like making posts unrelated to politics, news, etc. can easily drown out the other stuff and even prevent it from being talked about. Just seems like it is the default when nothing else is being talked about.

This thread is fine though, it can stay.
Agreed, and I figured having someplace like this as a sort of check in might help boost things just a little bit. Keep the usual chats going, but also have a place where people can just pop in and say hi, give an idea of what's happening in their day, or if they're feeling down, a place to chat with a group of people who have become friends. That's all I was looking to do with this :)

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
May as well keep this going.

Today was another uneventful day in the life of a cat me. Woke up late. Started working late. Still haven't finished. And now I am being tempted to play Sims 4 to distract me from the shit storm that is going to hit the USA soon.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I find myself drinking more coffee because it's Black Rifle coffee. It's dangerously delicious. Are you guys coffee drinkers as well?

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I made myself waffles this morning. Put them in the toaster on the lightest setting, put butter on them, and heated them up in the microwave for a minute.

Also, this topic needs to be stickied.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Well, seeing as I've kind of been keeping everyone apprised of what's going on with me on the health front, I might as well throw in here that I had a telemed call with my nephrologist this morning and it turns out that my bad kidney does have enough functionality left to attempt an operation to try and save it. He's going to coordinate with my Urologist and they're going to come up with a plan of action moving forward. There are several blockages that they need to go in and remove, and untold levels of scar tissues that may or may not affect the effectiveness of the treatments they're looking at. So...good-ish news, but now there's another operation to schedule and go through...so...yay...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Well, seeing as I've kind of been keeping everyone apprised of what's going on with me on the health front, I might as well throw in here that I had a telemed call with my nephrologist this morning and it turns out that my bad kidney does have enough functionality left to attempt an operation to try and save it. He's going to coordinate with my Urologist and they're going to come up with a plan of action moving forward. There are several blockages that they need to go in and remove, and untold levels of scar tissues that may or may not affect the effectiveness of the treatments they're looking at. So...good-ish news, but now there's another operation to schedule and go through...so...yay...
Well if you go through with it, I hope it works out for you. I know surgery of any kind can be scary. Do you know the doc who will be performing it?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Well if you go through with it, I hope it works out for you. I know surgery of any kind can be scary. Do you know the doc who will be performing it?
Well right now it's a team of two doctors, Nephrologist and Urologist, and they're both highly rated in their fields from what I've dug up about them. I'm not sure which one will be doing the actual operation when the time comes, but I suspect both will be involved in all pre- and post-operative meetings going forward.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Well right now it's a team of two doctors, Nephrologist and Urologist, and they're both highly rated in their fields from what I've dug up about them. I'm not sure which one will be doing the actual operation when the time comes, but I suspect both will be involved in all pre- and post-operative meetings going forward.
That is good they are highly rated. You want docs that have experience doing this stuff.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That is good they are highly rated. You want docs that have experience doing this stuff.
Oh absolutely! I've had experiences with a doctor who was experienced, but I hadn't done enough research and, after a terrible experience with him, found out he was a 1-star doctor and had actually been sued for malpractice for some terrible surgeries. Since that experience I've always done my research on doctors I see to make sure they know what they're doing. So far I've had good luck in that regard!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh absolutely! I've had experiences with a doctor who was experienced, but I hadn't done enough research and, after a terrible experience with him, found out he was a 1-star doctor and had actually been sued for malpractice for some terrible surgeries. Since that experience I've always done my research on doctors I see to make sure they know what they're doing. So far I've had good luck in that regard!
Good. Yeah, you can't just assume because they have a license to practice stuff that they are any good at it. I have had bad experiences with doctors myself. One was a complete pervert.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Good. Yeah, you can't just assume because they have a license to practice stuff that they are any good at it. I have had bad experiences with doctors myself. One was a complete pervert.
Very sad, but very very true. So many doctors get licensed and think that's just it, do what you want and in spite of all of that schooling, you don't need to keep too much of it in your head. They get complacent, even bored of what they do for a living and that's when bad things happen. I mean, did you see the video of the guy making rap videos in the OR while operating on people? Or the guy on a hoverboard while a patient was having a procedure done? It's just ludicrous the things some doctors will do because of complacency. It's one thing to practice and get a skilled position as a doctor, but there's a level of trust there that needs to be maintained. If you're getting bored, look into expanding your knowledge. The medical field is the same as any other, there are always new advances in medicine, techniques, procedures. A doctor should never be finished learning, and I absolutely love when I see a new doctor and they're enthusiastic about what they do and what new techniques are coming along.

Like all fields, though, there are always bad apples, most of the time it's just the complacency issue, but yeah, you do get those disgusting people that get into the field for the wrong reasons, or view it as an opportunity to get something out of it for themselves. I couldn't imagine being a woman or a young girl and having to deal with a male doctor who abused their position of trust and authority for their own sick purposes, I honestly don't blame women or girls that have a distrust of male doctors, and would be absolutely suspicious a male doctor in a female-oriented field like OB/GYNs. I hate that sick people can put themselves into those positions of power/authority over people and use that to get what they want, I think there needs to be at least one female nurse, assistant or something to that effect in the room at all times whenever a male doctor has a female patient under the age of 18, or a female patient dealing with any issue that requires examination anywhere that could be construed as potentially private. I had a female ultrasound technician doing a renal ultrasound on me just a few days ago, and she had to scan my bladder, which meant lowering my underwear not quite to an inappropriate level, but she needed access to scan...now, male patient / female technician isn't terrible and I'm not the sort to turn that into an awkward situation for either one of us, it's just her job...but what if that's a female patient with a male ultrasound technician? They're trained in their job, but they're not medically licensed doctors and while most are professionals looking to do their job, how do you guarantee you haven't found that one who goes too far? Anyway, this is going down a rabbit hole of paranoia and what if scenarios, so I'll stop here, but yeah, I absolutely feel for women and young girls who end up in a situation with a pervert instead of a doctor, and I hope they all get caught, lose their licenses and goto jail. You can't abuse that position for your own gain, doctors are supposed to be trusted, not reviled.

• Agree
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: