Favorite Dragon Ball Saga

VPDBZ3030

Saiyan Grunt
The Majin Buu Saga will always be my favorite Dragon Ball Saga and will always be the most nostalgic to me along with the orignal Dragon Ball seeing as I got into Dragon Ball by watching both the begining of the Majin Buu Sagas and the Original Dragon Ball show when they first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in the Early-2000's in America.

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
???? ive always found most saga lists to be confusing so ill instead refer to my favourite arcs instead!

Ill say Red ribbon (from silver to timeskip 1) was really fun and unique
but ill also like the Demon king Piccolo Arc!

And just the Humor from Buu!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
???? ive always found most saga lists to be confusing so ill instead refer to my favourite arcs instead!
It is essentially the same thing. The word "saga" was created with the dub in the west I believe.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I liked Red Ribbon during the beginning to Muscle Tower, disliked it during General Blue, liked it again during Tao Pai Pai, and hated it when Goku stormed the headquarters.

• Agree
Reactions: Punkhead

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
So i still need to wait until the rest is put out in germany but yeah the Morro saga so far is amazing!
Diffrent creative Abilitys, Awesome Usage of Most of the Cast, Vegeta gets actual Characterdevelopment, Strategy used in Fights and so much more!

Turtle

Saiyan Grunt
Indeed. But what I was alluding to is that Akira shouldn't have written it that way. They had too amazing of a character to let go to waste like that. They should have had him carry on his father's legacy properly. In fact, that was always Goku's intention. Even during the Buu saga, he wants his children to have a chance to beat Buu instead of relying on him.

When I was younger I disliked what they did to Gohan. Nowadays I'm thinking it might have been the right decision.

DB is Goku's story, so Gohan should never entirely take over the spotlight for very long.

Gohan also never had the instincts or craving for battle like Goku/Vegeta did; he was always fighting because he had to rather than because he wanted to.

It therefore made sense with his personality, being half-human, and in a time of prolonged peace that he would stop training/fighting and become an intellectual.

Gohan also peaked with his Ultimate Potential/Mystic form, so he's no longer going to be called upon for his latent abilities like in earlier Z. In other words, unless he specifically trains to become stronger, post Z he is pretty much useless for anything beyond Buu level power.

Well, I don't watch Super, so I don't know how they've twisted it now for fan-service, but that is my take.

I see a lot on the internet about fans getting mad over characters not getting prominence anymore. If every character that fans liked remained relevant (pushed by some ridiculous plot device or handwave), the story wouldn't feel as genuine/logical (largely the reason I've been turned off Super). Unlike other series, DB relies heavily on vertical scaling the characters, so it inevitably has to let a lot of characters fall behind the Saiayans.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
When I was younger I disliked what they did to Gohan. Nowadays I'm thinking it might have been the right decision.

DB is Goku's story, so Gohan should never entirely take over the spotlight for very long.

Gohan also never had the instincts or craving for battle like Goku/Vegeta did; he was always fighting because he had to rather than because he wanted to.

It therefore made sense with his personality, being half-human, and in a time of prolonged peace that he would stop training/fighting and become an intellectual.

Gohan also peaked with his Ultimate Potential/Mystic form, so he's no longer going to be called upon for his latent abilities like in earlier Z. In other words, unless he specifically trains to become stronger, post Z he is pretty much useless for anything beyond Buu level power.

Well, I don't watch Super, so I don't know how they've twisted it now for fan-service, but that is my take.

I see a lot on the internet about fans getting mad over characters not getting prominence anymore. If every character that fans liked remained relevant (pushed by some ridiculous plot device or handwave), the story wouldn't feel as genuine/logical (largely the reason I've been turned off Super). Unlike other series, DB relies heavily on vertical scaling the characters, so it inevitably has to let a lot of characters fall behind the Saiayans.
Yeah i mean the buu arc became the last Db arc wouldve been weird to have a new main char in the final chapter and one that got far less development too!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
As a fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I have zero issues with changing the main character of the story part-way through. Hell, do it 9 times for all care, GoGo's Dragon Ball Adventure.

I know JoJo is specifically set-up for multiple protagonists but look at Hunter x Hunter. Both Gon & Killua basically haven't been in the series for the last 50 chapters, and I know in the fantasy land where Hunter x Hunter gets new chapters, they'd eventually return to the spotlight, I'm just saying Gohan shouldn't take over because it's Goku's story, doesn't work for me.

I mean, every since Gohan's been introduced, the story's been building up to his moment against Cell, and we spend a lot of time with him. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if from Raditz's to the end of Cell, we spent more time with Gohan than we did Goku, since Goku mostly only shows up during that period to fight. The series was definitely building up to Gohan taking over the leading role, and by the end of the Cell Saga, Gohan was even more popular than Goku (based on the Japanese popularity poll at that time). That gives enough reason to allow for Gohan to take over as the lead, as the Gohan experiment was demonstrably a success with the readers.

All that said, I'm actually fine with Goku resuming main character role and think it's perfectly in-character for Gohan not to. I wish Buu did a little more with him than they did but ultimately, I love how the Buu Saga ends so I wouldn't change that and am even glad Goku took the mantle back. I just don't find the "It's Goku story so he shouldn't" to be a very a compelling argument.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
It is essentially the same thing. The word "saga" was created with the dub in the west I believe.
I looked it up and the saga list you provided is really wack
It features 2 relativly unrealted arcs as the Son Goku saga then devides red ribbon into multiple smaller section then groups together tenshin han and both piccolos!
Than during Z 1 Arc = 1 Saga then in Super they split it of Into Movies and the Rest Overall compare that with the logical and great Arc system and its no contest!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I looked it up and the saga list you provided is really wack
It features 2 relativly unrealted arcs as the Son Goku saga then devides red ribbon into multiple smaller section then groups together tenshin han and both piccolos!
Than during Z 1 Arc = 1 Saga then in Super they split it of Into Movies and the Rest Overall compare that with the logical and great Arc system and its no contest!
*merica noises*

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: