General Politics Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
What I'm really worried about is these young adults that don't understand history as well falling for the civil wars. But other that them, everyone else will know better.
I wouldn't worry about it. Most people end up in the middle or to the right as they get older. Things change when you get married, start having kids, care about your work/career, etc.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
This might be too soon, but I can't help myself...

Everyone: 2020 is the worst year of the 21st century.
2021: I'm about to end 2020's whole career!

Last edited:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
aoMZVX2_700b.jpg

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Aight, I think I've made clear early on how I lean when it comes to politics...and that is mostly middle of the road. So I will start with that I hope our next President, Joe Biden, is successful. I will say that for any incoming President, past, present, and future.

Back during Obama's stint, I wanted him to win the election. I had come from a heavily republican family that shoved religion down my throat for many years. In my mind I thought, let's give it a try. Indeed, some good things came out of Obama's presidency, IMHO. While, I didn't always agree with his approach, it wasn't all bad. However, I was not happy with his bias against white Americans. In my mind, there is no doubt that he caused the greatest racial divide in this country that we've seen in a lonnnng time. So, sitting where I sit. Knowing what I know. Seeing Hilarious Clinton trying to become President...I was happy for Donald Trump to beat her. It made those far-left liberals shed tears and lose their minds.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Donald Trump is, as he would put it, a "tremendous" egotistical moron. Everything he did was in self-interest and in support of his own ego and agenda. If he were smart, he would not have gone down the path he did. He would have listened to what is going on around him and toned it down in order to keep support so he could get the votes ensuring another 4 years to push his policies. But that didn't happen and here we see him completely defeated, claiming he won, but, so far presented no proof. We have a recorded conversation of him contacting Georgia government officials, basically begging to find more votes. I've listened to it. It's pathetic.

Is Joe Biden the ideal president of the USA? I don't think so. But I think he may bring us to a more toned down, central approach. If anyone believes that this country should be run left or right...I'd say they need their head examined. The country can never be stronger than when we are all united. The country can never be stronger than when we can put our differences aside and work together. I've seen so many conspiracy theories, even on this forum, and I just can't believe people can be so stupid.

There is a middle ground that should be reached before we try to go push one side too far. Let's get there and then see what else we can do to improve. Keep in mind, Americans at each other's throats is what our enemies want. If we can't get come together in order to prevent that, then we probably deserve to be taken over.

I hope this won't make you all think less of me. I love my country. I've served it in the military. I'm still serving it as a civilian, having supported several gov agencies since 2007.

There is no stronger America than the America where it's citizens can come together as one.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
conspiracy theories
:illuminati:

There is no stronger America than the America where it's citizens can come together as one.
Oh I agree, but I don't see them coming together and conspiracy or not, I am convinced the government (both sides) want us divided so they and the banks can make more profits and dictate their own narrative of what should and should not be in this country. Very seldom is a strong power structure untouched by corruption.

For reference, I am by default a conservative but I am not a republican, never felt like one. They need more parties to have bigger platforms in this country and that will fix a lot of the mess of what is happening right now. The country was not meant to be a two-party system. From where I am sitting, it has been nothing but a tug-of-war game for the last 20 years. One side pushes while the other side resists and a lot of our concerns and our problems go ignored as citizens.

But what ya going to do? I will stick to my memes and let what happens, happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshi and LividJay

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
^ And that is not to say I don't care about the country, I just don't feel like anything I can say or do matters anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Yoshi

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I am convinced the government (both sides) want us divided so they and the banks can make more profits and dictate their own narrative of what should and should not be in this country. Very seldom is a strong power structure untouched by corruption.
I don't disagree at all. This is a big problem in our country. It's become, "how can I extend my government career" instead of, "how can I best serve our people".

From where I am sitting, it has been nothing but a tug-of-war game for the last 20 years.
Absolutely.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Aight, I think I've made clear early on how I lean when it comes to politics...and that is mostly middle of the road. So I will start with that I hope our next President, Joe Biden, is successful. I will say that for any incoming President, past, present, and future.

Back during Obama's stint, I wanted him to win the election. I had come from a heavily republican family that shoved religion down my throat for many years. In my mind I thought, let's give it a try. Indeed, some good things came out of Obama's presidency, IMHO. While, I didn't always agree with his approach, it wasn't all bad. However, I was not happy with his bias against white Americans. In my mind, there is no doubt that he caused the greatest racial divide in this country that we've seen in a lonnnng time. So, sitting where I sit. Knowing what I know. Seeing Hilarious Clinton trying to become President...I was happy for Donald Trump to beat her. It made those far-left liberals shed tears and lose their minds.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Donald Trump is, as he would put it, a "tremendous" egotistical moron. Everything he did was in self-interest and in support of his own ego and agenda. If he were smart, he would not have gone down the path he did. He would have listened to what is going on around him and toned it down in order to keep support so he could get the votes ensuring another 4 years to push his policies. But that didn't happen and here we see him completely defeated, claiming he won, but, so far presented no proof. We have a recorded conversation of him contacting Georgia government officials, basically begging to find more votes. I've listened to it. It's pathetic.

Is Joe Biden the ideal president of the USA? I don't think so. But I think he may bring us to a more toned down, central approach. If anyone believes that this country should be run left or right...I'd say they need their head examined. The country can never be stronger than when we are all united. The country can never be stronger than when we can put our differences aside and work together. I've seen so many conspiracy theories, even on this forum, and I just can't believe people can be so stupid.

There is a middle ground that should be reached before we try to go push one side too far. Let's get there and then see what else we can do to improve. Keep in mind, Americans at each other's throats is what our enemies want. If we can't get come together in order to prevent that, then we probably deserve to be taken over.

I hope this won't make you all think less of me. I love my country. I've served it in the military. I'm still serving it as a civilian, having supported several gov agencies since 2007.

The biggest problem with Joe Biden is that he's a career Washington D.C. politician swamp creature and he's so weak kneed that he bends with the political breeze. The most outspoken and vocal leftists will plow him over and Kamala Harris is their girl. We're in for a bumpy ride.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
The biggest problem with Joe Biden is that he's a career Washington D.C. politician swamp creature and he's so weak kneed that he bends with the political breeze. The most outspoken and vocal leftists will plow him over and Kamala Harris is their girl. We're in for a bumpy ride.
I can't help but agree that there is concern with her being the one who "wears the pants in the family". Hopefully, he will grow a set and follow a path that is good for the country.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I totally, wholeheartedly agree with the idea that America should not have two parties. There are countries with four parties and they are far less divided. I fall under the center right. My immediate family is more conservative than I am, because while we both like Trump, I also like Sanders and they don't. I told them that while I don't agree with his policies as much as I do Trump's, he's like Trump when it comes to not kissing the asses of other politicians... LOL.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I totally, wholeheartedly agree with the idea that America should not have two parties. There are countries with four parties and they are far less divided. I fall under the center right. My immediate family is more conservative than I am, because while we both like Trump, I also like Sanders and they don't. I told them that while I don't agree with his policies as much as I do Trump's, he's like Trump when it comes to not kissing the asses of other politicians... LOL.
see...I think Bernie is a lying sack of shit who tells people who want freebies what they want to hear...apparently not enough since he failed twice. Everything he wants to accomplish will either not happen or come at the expense of the middle class, as always.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
At this point, nothing will change and things will get worse until people realize that when we are united, we have the power. That is the beautiful thing about this country but so many are letting absolutely stupid things divide us. The government is corrupted and has been for many years. I never trusted it because they never gave me a reason to trust it. The system on many levels is broken and if we want to see any change, we need to be the change. Aiming high and going big, you will fall on deaf ears or be silenced but if you focus on your own family, your own neighborhood, and doing good in your own community... Good change can happen. Enough people need to want that though for it to make a difference everywhere and I fear, in this social media ridden, self-loving, self-seeking world we have before us.. This will not be the case in my lifetime.

This is why, for the most part, I am stepping away from politics. Aside from having a chuckle at a meme now and then and poking fun at the stupidity of the people that have been elected to have all this power, I am just focusing on my own life and family and getting that sorted out.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: