General Politics Thread

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I am just fed up with the entire government. Both sides. Most of these people, aside from maybe like 10 of the entire 535 of them are in it for themselves. I wouldn't care so much if they actually made positive changes for their states but how many actually have? And I am sorry but until the border issue is dealt with, the government shouldn't be getting paid a fuqn penny.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Matt Gaetz is really doing amazing work. He wants to make it so if the government ever can't agree vets and people who need welfare will not be cut off just because of a strike. He wants to make it so OUR issues within the US are handled first and separate from foreign affairs while the majority of these crooks and snakes want it all bundled in so Americans as a whole are hurt the most. It is BS. Take all this spending on pointless wars that shouldn't even involve us and put it back in America. Fix the pipes, the roads, make sure our vets not only get paid but get MORE pay for their sacrifices, pay cops and firefighters better and do better vetting to ensure they represent us and are here to protect us, not the state, get people off drugs by offering caring rehab centers that are free for these people to get help.... There is so much that has to be fixed and money that needs to be redirected.... And it has to happen or we will all end up suffering. Millions already are. They are gutting the middle class ensuring the lower class stays stuck and the upper class just hoards more. I am just sick of all of it.

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
AOC is out here supporting the hamass terror.

Ok, neocon, go there and say the shit. Stupid ass.

This is like supporting the contra.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
If you have Jewish friends, please tell them to be cautious this Friday... Stay home if possible. I don't know if anything is going to happen or not but Hamas is calling for global attacks on all Jewish people in every country. This is not looking good. I just hate all this crap...

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Today Australia's voting on adding an Indigenous activism consultation body to the government. The main argument is they should be consulted before politicians enact policies that may affect the Indigenous community.

A very novel idea. Politicians should talk to the people their policies may affect. :pissed:

Among a butt tonne of other concerns, chief among them is the Prime Minister sold the legislation as "a single page", and it was only after a FOIA request was made that an additional 25 pages were discovered.

This video outlines a lot of reasons why this is bad:

But I should look at the other side (I've already voted No anyway). One of my Facebook friends last night shared she was voting Yes (fine). She very sensibly said not everyone who votes No is racist (correct). Then she went onto say - no joke - neo-Nazis are voting and campaigning for the No vote, therefore we should do the opposite of everything they do. :piccolopalm:

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Today Australia's voting on adding an Indigenous activism consultation body to the government. The main argument is they should be consulted before politicians enact policies that may affect the Indigenous community.

A very novel idea. Politicians should talk to the people their policies may affect. :pissed:

Among a butt tonne of other concerns, chief among them is the Prime Minister sold the legislation as "a single page", and it was only after a FOIA request was made that an additional 25 pages were discovered.

But I should look at the other side (I've already voted No anyway). One of my Facebook friends last night shared she was voting Yes (fine). She very sensibly said not everyone who votes No is racist (correct). Then she went onto say - no joke - neo-Nazis are voting and campaigning for the No vote, therefore we should do the opposite of everything they do. :piccolopalm:

Remember when critical thinking was a thing?

I swear the internet made people dumber not smarter.

• Agree
Reactions: Giga Hertz

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
39 seconds in is all you really need to hear...

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
All the comments (and Community Notes) are amazing, but this one's definitely the best

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I find it funny though that the people cheering on Palestine are calling other people nazis while siding with the people who actually supported Hitler before, during, and after WWII.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God

All states largely voted No, even Victoria (our version of California). ACT (our DC) is the only one that had a majority yes, and even then that's probably more political and demographic based. If you look at the breakdown, the only districts that actually passed the Yes threshold are cities; specifically largely suburban white places. A lot of the breakdowns in Sydney electorates with large mixed/immigrant populations were No.

NT is also largely Aboriginal (in fact, the "single page" document came from there) and mostly made up of a couple small places and desert. It's interesting to see that decades of government programs and attempts at "fixing" issues has resulted in... distrust of government being relied on to fix issues.

Looking at the breakdowns for the region I grew up in - again, reasonably large Aboriginal population - was also overwhelmingly no.

1697318362428.png

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
And as with everything, the Left is melting down and treating it as if the only logical result of this outcome is the country will proceed to ethnically cleanse.

Again, the only outrage I've seen over this so far is from white people.

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
And as with everything, the Left is melting down and treating it as if the only logical result of this outcome is the country will proceed to ethnically cleanse.

Again, the only outrage I've seen over this so far is from white people.
It is always white people. Well, white woke "liberals". They are some of the most racist people in the world too. They aren't even liberals. I don't know what they are.

Reactions: Giga Hertz

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I find it funny though that the people cheering on Palestine are calling other people nazis while siding with the people who actually supported Hitler before, during, and after WWII.
I watch some podcasts, and I see people commenting "Free Palestine" and/or similar comments. These people don't understand.

Palestine and Gaza is the same. Protesters even use the Palestine flag in support or cheers.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: