How does ssj4 compare to ssg?

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I've seen this question on instagram polls and ppl always put ssj4 as more powerful, but that makes no sense to me because ssg is literal god power. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think stamina, control, and overall raw power play a factor. I think SS4 is stronger physically but SSG is stronger in terms of ki and stamina.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't think there's a definitive answer as we haven't seen SSJ4 up against SSG officially in the manga. I'm with you in terms of thinking that SSG should make SSJ4 look like when Kami unlocked Gohan's potential. Realistically, SSG should be on a whole other plane of power from SSJ4.

/thread
This right here. Unless SSJ4 becomes some sort of ultra-god mode, then it can't really be on the same plane as SSG powers, because god ki is supposed to be entirely different from mortal ki. Apples and oranges.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
This right here. Unless SSJ4 becomes some sort of ultra-god mode, then it can't really be on the same plane as SSG powers, because god ki is supposed to be entirely different from mortal ki. Apples and oranges.
SSG and SSB have way more power starting out but are harder to master and control. SSJ4 is weaker by comparison, but in my personal view of the lore surrounding the transformations, it has unlimited potential. There's no downsides to it other than maintaining enough energy to hold the form. So with enough training could SSJ4 rival SSB? Sure. If you're comparing starting from scratch SSJ4 to even say SSG starting from scratch then SSG is going to be stronger.

• Informative
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
SSG and SSB have way more power starting out but are harder to master and control. SSJ4 is weaker by comparison, but in my personal view of the lore surrounding the transformations, it has unlimited potential. There's no downsides to it other than maintaining enough energy to hold the form. So with enough training could SSJ4 rival SSB? Sure. If you're comparing starting from scratch SSJ4 to even say SSG starting from scratch then SSG is going to be stronger.
That would be a better narrative, if it did indeed have unlimited potential, but I still believe to compare god ki to mortal ki is or is near enough impossible, based on how it was described when introduced. Then again, I'm no scholar on ki and Toriyama and co could easily change their mind at the flip of a switch, so...who knows! But yeah, SSJ4 would be impressive if it could power up indefinitely with training and control.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
but hopefully it doesn't, IMHO. They just need to hone SSG and Ultra Instinct and then end the series forever or start it fresh from a different universe's perspective.
Yes please! If we could have DB in a different setting with new characters...that'd be absolutely amazing! No doubt with the obligatory Goku cameo along the way, but how awesome would it be to see now races rise, fresh starts where we don't have to hear "I've never felt anything like that before!" until we're at least one saga in...dare to dream...

Reactions: Beerus and LividJay

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I think stamina, control, and overall raw power play a factor. I think SS4 is stronger physically but SSG is stronger in terms of ki and stamina.
I don't see how this could be the case though. God ki is off the charts crazy considering the jump from ssj3 to ssg shown in the battle of gods. This seems like a way higher jump than ssj3 to 4, so wouldn't ssg be light- years ahead? idk, that just makes sense to me.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
That would be a better narrative, if it did indeed have unlimited potential, but I still believe to compare god ki to mortal ki is or is near enough impossible, based on how it was described when introduced. Then again, I'm no scholar on ki and Toriyama and co could easily change their mind at the flip of a switch, so...who knows! But yeah, SSJ4 would be impressive if it could power up indefinitely with training and control.
Unlimited potential would be very cool, but how is this even possible? What's the difference between ssj3 and 4? What allows ssj4 unlimited potential? I agree with not being to compare god ki to regular ki, to me it seems that god ki would be way more powerful.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
but hopefully it doesn't, IMHO. They just need to hone SSG and Ultra Instinct and then end the series forever or start it fresh from a different universe's perspective.
I think it's wishful thinking db will end forever in the near future. As long as goku exists, they'll find new ways to power him up. DB is too big for them to end it now anyway.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't see how this could be the case though. God ki is off the charts crazy considering the jump from ssj3 to ssg shown in the battle of gods. This seems like a way higher jump than ssj3 to 4, so wouldn't ssg be light- years ahead? idk, that just makes sense to me.
In the god form, their bodies shrink and muscle mass is much, much smaller. All their strength is focused on their ki where imo ss4, all the strength is focused on raw physical power, not ki.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
In the god form, their bodies shrink and muscle mass is much, much smaller. All their strength is focused on their ki where imo ss4, all the strength is focused on raw physical power, not ki.
Maybe so, but physically apart from hair there really isn't much difference between ssj2 and 3. The same could be said between ssgss and ultra instinct. Plus, ssg does get skinnier than ssj3, but the power gap between the two forms is huge. I'm not sure if that is the case.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Maybe so, but physically apart from hair there really isn't much difference between ssj2 and 3. The same could be said between ssgss and ultra instinct. Plus, ssg does get skinnier than ssj3, but the power gap between the two forms is huge. I'm not sure if that is the case.
Ki wise, SSG blows SS4 out of the water. Just saying physical strength is the only thing that is has going for it when you compare the two.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
What's the difference between ssj3 and 4?
I was reading somewhere yesterday that SSJ2 and SSJ3 aren't even real transformations. I didn't see an actual quote from Toriyama, but apparently he said that they are just more powered up versions of Super Saiyan. If true, this could show a difference between SSJ3 and SSJ4.

Reactions: Beerus

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I was reading somewhere yesterday that SSJ2 and SSJ3 aren't even real transformations. I didn't see an actual quote from Toriyama, but apparently he said that they are just more powered up versions of Super Saiyan. If true, this could show a difference between SSJ3 and SSJ4.
That would make a lot of sense. That has crazily cool implications for saiyans if true though. Saiyans could surpass gods without god ki. Maybe gohan is on to something. They can still redeem themselves and make gohan cool again!

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Unlimited potential would be very cool, but how is this even possible? What's the difference between ssj3 and 4? What allows ssj4 unlimited potential? I agree with not being to compare god ki to regular ki, to me it seems that god ki would be way more powerful.
SSJ3 is just an advanced mutation of SSJ that manifests very high levels of ki output. It basically burns their bodies out quickly like a lit fuse. SSJ4 is as we can plainly see a different track of SSJ transformation since it is derived from the Oozaru transformation. SSJ4 is the Saiyan at their utmost potential in strength, speed, and stamina. Their Saiya power or zenkai is increased to the point where they actively adapt during battle and can even heal from injuries to a degree. Eg. When Goku lost his eye sight to Eis Shenron's sneak attack and not only adapted to it, but eventually recovered his sight back all during the course of a single battle. SSJ4 just builds and builds upon itself. Not to mention the form is very adept at absorbing and storing energy. Used properly it boasts unlimited potential, in my humble opinion.

Reactions: mundomania

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
SSJ3 is just an advanced mutation of SSJ that manifests very high levels of ki output. It basically burns their bodies out quickly like a lit fuse. SSJ4 is as we can plainly see a different track of SSJ transformation since it is derived from the Oozaru transformation. SSJ4 is the Saiyan at their utmost potential in strength, speed, and stamina. Their Saiya power or zenkai is increased to the point where they actively adapt during battle and can even heal from injuries to a degree. Eg. When Goku lost his eye sight to Eis Shenron's sneak attack and not only adapted to it, but eventually recovered his sight back all during the course of a single battle. SSJ4 just builds and builds upon itself. Not to mention the form is very adept at absorbing and storing energy. Used properly it boasts unlimited potential, in my humble opinion.
I'm not sure about unlimited potential, but I have to agree. It is a completely different form to anything we've seen before, so I would say there is lots of potential, even up to.rovaling god ki.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
The way I see it is that SS4 taps more into the animalistic side of Saiyans, if that makes sense, and SSG taps more into the humanistic side of Saiyans, again if that makes sense. In short, I do think SS4 could reach SSG, but it is on different grounds since the way I see it is that SS4 is Brawn and SSG is Brains.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
The way I see it is that SS4 taps more into the animalistic side of Saiyans, if that makes sense, and SSG taps more into the humanistic side of Saiyans, again if that makes sense. In short, I do think SS4 could reach SSG, but it is on different grounds since the way I see it is that SS4 is Brawn and SSG is Brains.
That is kind of what I was saying. SS4 is raw power, physical strength, and SSG is more about ki and big brain time.

• Agree
Reactions: Punkhead
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: