Dragon Ball How would today's fanbase react to Dragon Ball?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Fair, there is a reason for it. I'd argue we didn't need a full episode for that but my point was mostly that with how Super handles his perversion, it seems to me that if Dragon Ball was first made today, if anything Roshi would've been more perverted.

Still though, I don't like how Roshi's pervert jokes have been handled in Super. It feels like anytime Roshi's perversion gets brought up as a joke, in the anime or the manga (which I don't believe Roshi actually overcame his lust in the manga, though my memory's hazy), the punchline is basically that Roshi's an ineffective rapist. I remember the good old days where the jokes where stuff like, wouldn't it be funny if the way they beat the invisible man was Roshi saw Bulma's tits and nosebleed so hard that his spray completely covered the invisible man? In Super it's all like, wouldn't it be funny if Roshi's training was just him trying to bust a nut in Puar?

Which incidentally, I actually like to believe Roshi succeeded and the whole overcoming lust thing in the Tournament of Power was just his post-nut clarity. Because really, would anything kill his libido more than the realization that he unloaded into a male cat?

I forgot about Puar shapeshifting for him... :shock:

But yeah, I get what you mean. He is painted to be worse in DBS while seemingly being around less. Like in DB and DBZ, he was around more and had other character attributes. Maybe that is what they wanted? They didn't want kids acting like him so they made him creepier? Who knows.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I forgot about Puar shapeshifting for him... :shock:

But yeah, I get what you mean. He is painted to be worse in DBS while seemingly being around less. Like in DB and DBZ, he was around more and had other character attributes. Maybe that is what they wanted? They didn't want kids acting like him so they made him creepier? Who knows.

Nah, I don't think there was a moral message encoded in Roshi's Super behavior, I just think it's what they found funny. I've seen enough anime/manga to know this creepy behavior is not an uncommon gag. Kuruko from a Certain Scientific Railgun is constantly like trying to grope and get with Misaka, and the GetBackers manga Ban would grope Hevn as a running gag, once he even slipped his hands under her bra to grope her as best he could. Meliodas would constantly grope Elizabeth which is particularly creepy for major plot spoiler reasons. And like, fair enough if people find it funny, it's not like some litmus test, I'm just not one of them. It usually just makes me dislike those characters (though I still like Ban mostly, but it does drastically lower my opinion on him).

Reactions: Beerus

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Nah, I don't think there was a moral message encoded in Roshi's Super behavior, I just think it's what they found funny. I've seen enough anime/manga to know this creepy behavior is not an uncommon gag. Kuruko from a Certain Scientific Railgun is constantly like trying to grope and get with Misaka, and the GetBackers manga Ban would grope Hevn as a running gag, once he even slipped his hands under her bra to grope her as best he could. Meliodas would constantly grope Elizabeth which is particularly creepy for major plot spoiler reasons. And like, fair enough if people find it funny, it's not like some litmus test, I'm just not one of them. It usually just makes me dislike those characters (though I still like Ban mostly, but it does drastically lower my opinion on him).
because hes like really old? but
You do know Elizabeth is also pretty old (somewhat) and its not like he gropes her younger selfes

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
because hes like really old? but
You do know Elizabeth is also pretty old (somewhat) and its not like he gropes her younger selfes

It's not that he's old, I don't think age difference is a big deal as long as everyone's of age, it's that he basically raised/bodyguarded her since she was a baby. I'm glad he didn't grope her as a toddler and I get that she's like the reincarnation of his past lover so that I guess you can excuse it from like fictional narrative stand-point, but even then I'd argue a reincarnation doesn't mean that Elizabeth isn't her own person. The different Links and Zelda's have their differences between them despite playing the same role throughout the Zelda timelines right. To me, an adult groping someone they've known since they were a baby is just creepy to me, and that's essentially what Meliodas does. I can't use the reincarnation to divorce that.

Funny thing is I don't recall Elizabeth really caring about the groping throughout the series that much, so I don't think I had issue with Meliodas' groping until they revealed this twist. I know it actually made me laugh at least once, maybe more because if it didn't bother her that weakens the blow.

I never finished SDS, I should probably get back to that. I didn't stop because of this, I stopped because I caught up to the manga, didn't want to read it weekly and then just never got back to it.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
It's not that he's old, I don't think age difference is a big deal as long as everyone's of age, it's that he basically raised/bodyguarded her since she was a baby. I'm glad he didn't grope her as a toddler and I get that she's like the reincarnation of his past lover so that I guess you can excuse it from like fictional narrative stand-point, but even then I'd argue a reincarnation doesn't mean that Elizabeth isn't her own person. The different Links and Zelda's have their differences between them despite playing the same role throughout the Zelda timelines right. To me, an adult groping someone they've known since they were a baby is just creepy to me, and that's essentially what Meliodas does. I can't use the reincarnation to divorce that.

Funny thing is I don't recall Elizabeth really caring about the groping throughout the series that much, so I don't think I had issue with Meliodas' groping until they revealed this twist. I know it actually made me laugh at least once, maybe more because if it didn't bother her that weakens the blow.

I never finished SDS, I should probably get back to that. I didn't stop because of this, I stopped because I caught up to the manga, didn't want to read it weekly and then just never got back to it.
From when is the spoiler just say the episode number!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
From when is the spoiler just say the episode number!

Crap, did I spoil something for you? I'm sorry if that's the case, it seemed like you knew. I read the manga but I believe according to the wiki it would've been episode 21 of season 2. Though some of the details might've been covered in episode 2 of season 3.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Crap, did I spoil something for you? I'm sorry if that's the case, it seemed like you knew. I read the manga but I believe according to the wiki it would've been episode 21 of season 2. Though some of the details might've been covered in episode 2 of season 3.
Ah no i just wanted to be carefull i already knew this twist!

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: