Video Games I'm playing...

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, pretty awesome... though, I'm not a huge fan of the enemies constantly spamming me with attacks. Apart from that, though, really awesome.
I tried playing the original FF7 several times, and found it hard to get into it. But the minute I touched the Remake demo I was sold.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
I tried playing the original FF7 several times, and found it hard to get into it. But the minute I touched the Remake demo I was sold.
I loved the original, but this is so much better.
Eventho i hate the reamke with every viber of my being i wont spoil you BUT
The remake in no way is a replacement for the original!
Also if they continue at the pace they are now Lets say it will take like 20 Yearss till they are done!
And By The way i have to hold back a lot because the remake is really insulting to me anyways have fun i guess (after you play the original really i know its REALLY dated but still its good)!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Eventho i hate the reamke with every viber of my being i wont spoil you BUT
The remake in no way is a replacement for the original!
Well, no, it's not. It's a literal remake.
Also if they continue at the pace they are now Lets say it will take like 20 Yearss till they are done!
Also not necessarily true. They had to deal with COVID, an upgrade in Unreal and a new console release. Rebirth should out at the end of the year.
And By The way i have to hold back a lot because the remake is really insulting to me anyways have fun i guess (after you play the original really i know its REALLY dated but still its good)!
How does Remake existing ruin the original? Like, the original is right there and still supported by modders (even with voices now). No one is taking the original away. Crisis Core Reunion didn't even deviate from it.

Reactions: LividJay

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Well, no, it's not. It's a literal remake.

Also not necessarily true. They had to deal with COVID, an upgrade in Unreal and a new console release. Rebirth should out at the end of the year.

How does Remake existing ruin the original? Like, the original is right there and still supported by modders (even with voices now). No one is taking the original away. Crisis Core Reunion didn't even deviate from it.
Okay Fine let me explain it from what i know FF7R Changes the Story a lot here are just a few examples (I will only spoil stuff up to the end of midgar aswell as vaguely hint at stuff spoiled by the remake itself)
1. Sephiroth
They Cram in Sephiroth at every possible Moment Sephiroth does not show up on screen until right after midgar (Aka After the remake ends)
That means Sephiroth is used much more impactful for example the first thing you see are the consquences of him slaughtering a bunch of people (no not the Fire scene that comes later) you even see and have to follow a trail of blood created by his Murdering Spree Also i think i dont have to explain this but you fight him AT The END of the Game!
In the remake he shows up at completly random moments with zero tension or build up and also they force a fight with him at the end Of Midgar (This is basically as if Kid Buu Would just show up after Goku and co. beat Pilaf)
2.The Lack of Consequnces
Basically a lot of time someone dies in FF7 they skip their death in remake aka Wedge and Biggs and the Girl from Avalance They die During the Midgar sections but Survive for no reason (SORTA)
3. General art direction
Smaller point but a ton of stuff locks worsely designed in remake Cloud Looks like a random Emo, And Midgar is far too bright
4. The Remake likes Too Spoil almost every Plotpoint
So i will be more Vague here because this is very spoilery but the remake spoils these things:
- The Last Scene of FF7
- The Big Plan Of Sephiroth
- The Final BAttle between Cloud and Sephiroth
- A Certain blackhaired Soldier first class (You know the main char of crisis Core)
5. The Ending Of Remake
The Weird Black Ghosts are a Invention for the Remake and they are called whispers they are Abiters of Fate aka they are basically the original Plot
The Party Defeats them to Change Fate beacuse Aerith and Sephiroth know The Future aka The Original FF7s Ending heck one character even says (after the last scene of FF7 is shown that that is a future that happens if theya dont change Fate)
What This Means is this is probably some sort of time travel Sequel i think (hey dont blame me blame the developers of remake)
And Keep in mind NONE Of this is in the Original In fact FAte and prophecys are really not a focus at all in FF7

And The Reason why im mad at these changes is 1. People think that remake is FF7 2. FF7 is one of the Few Games that really needed a remake i played the remaster and i struggeled like 3 times or so with the pre rendered Backgrounds (That doesnt make the game bad its just a bit weird) so giving this GAme A Faithfull Remake would have been great!
(And From what i know the handy game also cahnges things)

Anyways Sorry For TRhe Rambling but Remake will probably Deviate even Heavier in the Future they might even cut the Iconic Death Scene

Also i played FF7 on Switch so yeah no mods for me! Heck i currently cant use steam for some reason!

Also Even most people who like remake suggest you play FF7 First and think Remake is a time travel sequel!

Last edited:

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Okay Fine let me explain it from what i know FF7R Changes the Story a lot here are just a few examples (I will only spoil stuff up to the end of midgar aswell as vaguely hint at stuff spoiled by the remake itself)
My friend, you literally described why it's called Remake and not Remaster.
And The Reason why im mad at these changes is 1. People think that remake is FF7 2. FF7 is one of the Few Games that really needed a remake i played the remaster and i struggeled like 3 times or so with the pre rendered Backgrounds (That doesnt make the game bad its just a bit weird) so giving this GAme A Faithfull Remake would have been great!
(And From what i know the handy game also cahnges things)

Anyways Sorry For TRhe Rambling but Remake will probably Deviate even Heavier in the Future they might even cut the Iconic Death Scene

Also i played FF7 on Switch so yeah no mods for me! Heck i currently cant use steam for some reason!
Again, modders are fixing this. FF7 goes remarkably cheap on Steam and Humble Bundle, or you could put on an eye-patch, join Avalanche and find it at another site (or fix the Steam issue).

It took them 25 years to re-release pixel re-masters of the first 6 games. And honestly, they really don't look that good. I'd trust modders before Square Enix says "cha-ching!" to FF7-9 (and again, FF9, download Moguri mod and the problems are solved anyway).
Also Even most people who like remake suggest you play FF7 First and think Remake is a time travel sequel!
Yes. There is probably a very good reason Part 2 is called Rebirth.

Reactions: LividJay

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
My friend, you literally described why it's called Remake and not Remaster.

Again, modders are fixing this. FF7 goes remarkably cheap on Steam and Humble Bundle, or you could put on an eye-patch, join Avalanche and find it at another site (or fix the Steam issue).

It took them 25 years to re-release pixel re-masters of the first 6 games. And honestly, they really don't look that good. I'd trust modders before Square Enix says "cha-ching!" to FF7-9 (and again, FF9, download Moguri mod and the problems are solved anyway).

Yes. There is probably a very good reason Part 2 is called Rebirth.
A Remake can keep the exact same story tho?
For example Kirby Remake and Zelda Links Awakening switch keep the same basic plot and gameplay but remake the game!
Basically A Remaster is a new code of paint and a remake is a new Car this New Car can either be diffrent or just a better version!

Also it seems you already know the Story of the original FF7 than okay that changes things beacuse as i said at the beginning you are allowed to enjoy the new game i just wanted you to play / Know the OG Game (If you dot know it you can just watch a lets play)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Guardians of the Galaxy

Steam had it on sale so I decided to go for it. So far I'm enjoying it.

Wasn't until I saw a GOTG meme that I realised the new movie had been released and that's why it was on sale.
:krillinpalm:

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Still GOTG, and KOTOR1 mixed in there (with restoration and Brotherhood of Shadow mods)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
In 3 hours? Hopefully the first 2 hours of FF16.

At the moment, Star Wars KOTOR.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
In 3 hours? Hopefully the first 2 hours of FF16.
The first two hours and the game has absolutely zero chill.

It's largely a lot of cinematics, and the gameplay isn't as good as FF7R... but I think I'll keep it. Especially since I don't really have any PS5 games at the moment.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
So i almost finished the main story of TOTK I only have to go into the final dungeon!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: